What's new

D'vorah - Buzzed Tournament Variation - Combos and Setups

Alright, you MK11 one-percenters! I got way too into this but I figured I would share. This is just a small list of all the cool stuff I've seen people do. Please keep in mind that all this stuff needs lots more testing. These are all legit kombos and setups but it's like theory-crafting for a better player at this point. Some kombos may need tweaks regarding when to dash or the distance of db1 amp after certain strings. We can fix those. But I am slowly learning. She's definitely different if nothing else. Feel free to add any corrections, changes and additions. Argue anything and everything.

Having now played with this slut plenty and watched way too many videos, I have 2 quick thoughts.
  1. Either a complete psycho or total genius designed MK11 D'vorah. They created this insanely hard to play, setup-heavy 400 IQ character and figured they can just balance it out with Scorpion and Geras. I mean the amount of setups is insane. I am not saying she is good, or worth it, or useful. I am simply saying that this character plays differently than anyone else in the game with Buzzed.
  2. Her set-ups and really even her abilities are fine for the most part so if NRS is to nerf/fix anything, I don't think it would be her playstyle or abilities. It would definitely be her strings and normals. A mid or two with some low frames and more consistency on certain strings like f13 would do her wonders. Hell, just give me f1 and 4 as mids for punishing and it would make a world of difference.
Some of this stuff may be ridiculous or pointless, but I had fun writing this up so I don't care. This is all based on work by Iconic Horror, Dark Lord and WavyKiing. It's a start and gives a glimpse into what D'vorah can do with some time. It's just not reasonable compares to all the other characters. I am sure if someone masters her, and gets a few favourable buffs, she would be wild.

For the set-up section, please keep in mind that these are just "samples" of what can be done and how. There is definitely more stuff and it's all hard/situational. You will have to do your own testing and figure out what works for you and when. It's hard to explain in text but it's a start. Better this than "she's shit bro, play Geras".

-----------------------------------------------

KOMBOS - MID SCREEN
f22/f13/21/12/4/ xx db4

f13 xx db1b amp dash 1 dash 121
f13 xx db1b amp f13 xx df2
f13 xx db1b amp 2 xx df2
f13 xx db1b amp 1 f13 xx df2

f13 xx db1b amp 2 xx db1 amp 12 xx df2
f13 xx db1b amp 21 xx db1 amp 1 xx bf4 - based on Dark Lord’s video, it seems ending with bf4 and immediately hitting 21222 wins out on everything and is almost like a frame trap? I have to test this. I saw that wavy guy do this too, along with whiffing df2 on purpose to recover frames faster.
*These same combos can be used with f22/4 as a starter but with just db1 amped (standard range)
*Jump in punch can be added for extra damage.

KOMBOS - CORNER
f13 xx db1b amp 1 1 1 121
f13 xx db1b amp 1 1 1 44
f13 xx db1b amp d1 d1 d1 12 xx df2
f13 xx db1b amp d1 d1 d1 4 xx df2 (292 dmg)
f13 xx db1b amp f13 d1 12 xx df2 (298 dmg)

f13 xx db1b amp 4 xx db1 amp d1 d1 d1 4 xx df2
f13 xx db1b amp f13 d1 d1 12 xx df3 amp (285 dmg, strep setup)
f13 xx db1b amp 2 d1 d1 12 xx df3 amp (285 dmg, strep setup alt)
*These same combos can be used with f22/4 as a starter but with just db1 amped (standard range).
*Jump in punch can be added for extra damage.

j3 f13 d1 4 xx df2 (303 dmg, gotta hit the jump kick deep/late)
j3 f12 d1 12 xx df2 (276 dmg but easier)

KRUSHING BLOW KOMBOS
df2 (KB) dash f13 xx db1 amp 1 f13 xx df2 (459 dmg) - easiest and my go KB
df2 (KB) dash f13 xx db4 amp
df2 (KB) dash f13 xx db1 amp dash 121
df2 (KB) dash f13 xx db1 amp dash 21 xx db1 amp 121
*dash f13 can be replaced with double dash 4 or j1 4 but timing is way too hard

d2 (KB) dash d2 (303 dmg) - works well with strep bug if you got one out, can be a real big combo
d2 (KB) f13 xx df2 (333 dmg)

KRUSHING BLOW KORNER KOMBOS
df2 (KB) f13 xx db4 amp (326 dmg)
df2 (KB) f13 xx db1 amp f13 xx df2 (443 dmg)
df2 (KB) f13 xx db1 amp 1 f13 xx df2 (459 dmg)
df2 (KB) f13 xx db1 amp 1 1 1 4 xx df2 (473 dmg)
*can replace f13 with dash 4
*jump ins can be added for tighter timing but more damage

d2 (KB) d1 d1 d1 4 xx df2
d2 (KB) f13 xx df2

FATAL BLOW KOMBOS
MID - f13 xx db1 amp dash 1 dash 12 xx FB (417 dmg)
MID - f13 xx db1 amp dash 4 xx FB (441 dmg)
MID - f13 xx db1 amp dash 1 f13 xx FB (437 dmg)

MID - d2 (KB) 4 xx FB (505 dmg)
MID - df2 (KB) dash f13 xx db1 amp 1 f13 xx FB (617 dmg)

CORNER - f13 xx db1b amp d1 d1 d1 21 xx FB (411 dmg)
CORNER - f13 xx db1b amp d1 d1 d1 4 xx FB (442 dmg)
CORNER - df2 (KB) f13 xx db1b amp d1 d1 d1 21 xx FB (597 dmg)
CORNER - df2 (KB) f13 xx db1b amp d1 d1 d1 4 xx FB (623 dmg)

WAKEUP
WITH OPPONENT IN THE CORNER - wakeup2 21 xx db1 amp d1 44

TECH AND TIMING
This is a great video showing how to consistently hit her combos currently, especially with f22 xx db1 amp and 4 xx db1 amp which have tricky timings. As mentioned these are more consistent on female hurtboxes but can be done for male hurtboxes as well. This video can help you convert all these combos.

SETUPS - MID SCREEN
*ALL THIS STUFF IS SITUATIONAL, JUST AN IDEA OF WHAT CAN BE DONE FOR FUNSIES.

df3 amp into 4 xx db1 amp dash d2 wait for 3rd bug to hit 121
*df3 amp deployed under opponent - s4 and 1st bug to connect at around the same time. The s4 can be replaced with a string with some timing testing, not sure yet. It can be ended with 12 xx df2 most likely as well.

df3 amp into b34 4 dash 121
*df3 amp deployed between opponent and player, within reach of b3 - 1st bug to starts same time as crawl - opponent airborne after b34, will be hit with 1st bug from bf3 and float overhead to the other side of you, where you hit 4 and the remaining 2 bugs hit, after which you should be able to dash and 121 - needs testing.

df3 into d2 dash f13 xx db4
*df3 deployed some distance behind the player, walk/dash up to opponent and d2, the hit from df3 should come around the time the opponent is landing to keep opponent airborne - dash up after bug hit for the f13 xx db4 ender.

Wakeup trap setup with df3 - starter xx db1 amp dash 21 xx db1 amp 12 xx df3 - If the opponent does a wake-up attack and whiffs, b34 into side switch f13 xx df2
*If you are successful and land b3 during the opponents' wakeup, the strep bug will hit during b34 side switch to allow for the f13 xx df2 combo. This one is actually pretty simple and pretty cool. Depending on the starter (if you start with j1 4, for example), you will get up to 534 damage off this one setup using 2 bars if it plays out perfectly. Very do-able in a match and can make your opponent be afraid to use their wake-up attacks.

Other notes: if you manage to get amped versions of air bf1 and df3, you can juggle an opponent across the screen with like a piano effect of bugs and d2’s. - see this part of the video for the example. Ignore that overhead ender. It’s just an example.
You can also turn any air bf1 bug into fairly good damage if you land a d2 KRUSHING BLOW right in front of it. You can basically d2 (KB) d2 wait for the floating bug to hit f13 xx df2. So many different ways to confirm the floating bugs into combos, it’s kind of silly.

SETUPS - CORNER
*ALL THIS STUFF IS SITUATIONAL, JUST AN IDEA OF WHAT CAN BE DONE FOR FUNSIES.

df3 amp into j3 d2 wait for all 3 bugs to hit 4 xx df2 (344 dmg)
*In the corner with a bit of distance, put down the raw df3 amp or put it down at the end of a combo. As soon as it is down, jump-in kick. If it lands, hit d2 which will send the opponent flying (backwards if you are right up against the edge) and they will be hit by all 3 bugs from amped strep bug. Then just 4 into df2 as they are coming down. Cool corner setup if you want to go ham. In theory, this can work with any attack that will launch as soon as you drop df3 amped. Needs more testing. Actually, this can be combined with the first part of the combo below.

f13 xx db1 amp f13 d1 d1 12 xx df3 amp (285 dmg)
*Straight forward setup. With the right timing, the bugs should start hitting just as the opponent recovers and you can go into f13 xx db4 and 21222 pressure. In general, it seems 21222 is a great string right after certain enders and normals/block strings for D’vorah. Even though db4 is unsafe without amp, the bugs from strep will be hitting as well by this point and the opponent has no choice but to block. Needs to be tested further on block/wakeup. I added this one below combo list as it is an actual combo.

Corner anti-roll wakeup trap setup with df3 - starter xx db1 amp f13 d1 d1 12 xx df3 - If the opponent does a wake-up roll out of the corner, b34 as the roll ends into side switch f13 xx df2
*The corner trap version of this bad boy is even more fun. Basically, this works with any string or combo that leaves strep bug down while the opponent is down in the corner. I am sure you can even put it down raw if you’re feeling frisky. When the opponent rolls out of the corner, hit the b34, the bug will knock them up and gives you that f13 xx df2 combo. This is again over 500 damage together.
*What’s cool is if you get enough meter for a 2nd amp, you can amp the df2 and jump in. The recovery for the opponent will allow them to block but won’t give them time to hit anything else vs your j1.
*If they wake-up attack instead, you can use the non-corner version from earlier.

Questions?

Edit: Made some corrections, expanded on KB combos including an easy 45% combo, reduced clutter a bit. Every kombo and setup is now tested and worked. Cleaned up a lot of duplicates and took out some strings that are just not realistic for most of us during a match online, Re-arranged the FATAL BLOWS as well and they should now be simplified and accurate.

Last edited:
Good work sir. I just posted a video on a unique F22 / 4 Puddle follow up on female hurtboxes you might want to add to your list.
Awesome! Added. The joke here is that I've done these combos so many times now from testing everything and writing these long posts that it's basically automatic hitting them in practice. The challenge now is actually winning a game and hitting some of these somewhat consistently in a match. Thanks for the video, it's a good representation of how to hit these combos.

Our buddy WavyKiing doing the things. God I suck with this character, his approach is pretty good with getting in with just f1 and then d1 into 21222 or other low pokes. I played a Jade last night that make me lose my manhood.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
*These same combos can be used with f22/21/4/12 as a starter but with just db1 amped (standard range).
Great guide for the most part, but there's a bit of misinformation here. 21 and 12 cannot be used as starters. That's actually one of my biggest wishes for buffs. Right now, after a db4 I can jail into highs, hit confirm and keep them in that situation until they finally sit down and block. The absolute most that usually takes is three 21~db4's for about 300 damage. If either of those strings linked into db1, I could get all the same effect just from one of them.

I even double checked to see if they worked in the corner and I just didn't notice, because I'd have loved to be wrong, but no such luck.

Last edited:
Great guide for the most part, but there's a bit of misinformation here. 21 and 12 cannot be used as starters. That's actually one of my biggest wishes for buffs. Right now, after a db4 I can jail into highs, hit confirm and keep them in that situation until they finally sit down and block. The absolute most that usually takes is three 21~db4's for about 300 damage. If either of those strings linked into db1, I could get all the same effect just from of them.

I even double checked to see if they worked in the corner and I just didn't notice, because I'd have loved to be wrong, but no such luck.
I never actually use either of those in combos beyond a simple string xx db4 so I will re-test just in case and remove it for now. Good call though, I just use f22 and f13 and b3 and 4.

And you were right wow. Why wouldn't those combo? Lol -_- I honestly assumed they do but it actually is blockable. That is weird.

Last edited: