What's new

DVDgamescenter exposes himself

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
yep, fuck yeah ! it was 100% purposely, kinda, Ed was being held on leash by WB, so, he, himself being a programming guy by essence, know a way to send us the message, in a very excusable way ..... sort of "hi, dear NRS development team fellows, I had promise September news for the MK fanbase, but, you know how it is, the big boss don't want to make easy for anyone, so, just throw the info deep inside the source code, put a hell of cryptography on that, hide the stuff there, and , if they find, they found, that's it , hehe " ...... The Thiny said that took hours to him, using a lot of different applications, to find the info of KP2, so, it's pretty obvious that was a message for us, in a creative way, hehe :p

so Ed was a very nice and cool person with this master move, that why we should be very thankful and grateful to him, he is an incredible person in the end, ha ! :cool:
Agreed. I know NRS aren't perfect, but I feel like a lot of their faults are cause WB are up their cheeks so hardcore.

Demon_0

Shao Kahn is back!
TheThiny is also the only person to be acknowledged by multiple devs. Like, they know who he is. That's the whole reason why I think they put the names in the files on purpose. Cause they knew Thiny would reveal it and WB wasn't letting them.
Which makes no sense cause they were obviously going to reveal KP2 a week after those files were made public. If the KP2 trailer would come in/after November or so, you'd have a point.

Yeah I really don't think they planted that shit for Thiny lol.
Multiple NRS employees have gone on about how much they hate leaks. You really think they'd want the surprise spoiled a couple weeks before the actual reveal?
Thethiny explained they put it in the files because they have no other choice. NRS definitely used the update this time to get the word out or WB forced them to switch the pack with the trailer.

Cyborgs weren't even in mk11 and they were npcs. With the way nrs does things and the way some people justify it; I wouldn't doubt cyborgs not being in mk12

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
MK12 lol. That's like 4-5 years away. Even Ed Boon doesn't know who's going to be in there.
Listen it's not because he was right about 3 characters that it means everything he says will also be right. Leaks are mere speculation until they're proven right. It could very well be that his source had the 3 chars right initially and then he used this to his advantage and started saying random shit. Don't just trust any leaker or 'insider' out there just because they got some info right.

So ridiculous to talk about MK12 when their next project is most likely NOT going to be MK so why would they already have people working or brainstorming a game that will (if we're right) be released 5 years down the road? Makes no freaking sense.

This dude is talking out of his ass.
Believe it or not, this is how it works. For (as an example) Injustice 3 to be the next title, it would already have to be in full production by now. You can’t be in concept/preproduction and full production for the same game at the same time. So that means that the planning and concept stage work for Injustice 3 actually had to take place before that, while they were were building MK11, which was while we were playing Injustice 2.

Likewise, the MK12 (or whatever) planning and concept work would be happening while they’re developing INJ3 (Or whatever the next game is), which would be now.

This is just how things work in a big AAA studio. By the time you find out about a game, not only has it usually been in development for years, but the actual preproduction and planning happened even before that. So yeah, 4-5 years in advance is pretty standard for when those decisions are being made.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
In case that last post was a bit of a brain-bender, here’s a simplified version.

We’re playing Injustice 2 while they’re building MK11, while they’re planning Injustice 3 so that they can build it next.

We’re playing MK11 while they’re building Injustice 3, while they’re planning MK12. That’s why those decisions are being made now.

I think it’s rare for the buying public to understand how game development works, because that part happens behind the scenes — but this is the necessary overlap to release a new AAA game every few years.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Don't you guys think that the claim that Ed Boon himself purposefully left in the file names for the dataminer to discover as a personal gift to the MK community to be a bit of a stretch...?

Edit: Disregard. Didn't see the second page already addressing this. lol

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Don't you guys think that the claim that Ed Boon himself purposefully left in the file names for the dataminer to discover as a personal gift to the MK community to be a bit of a stretch...?

Edit: Disregard. Didn't see the second page already addressing this. lol
Yeah. Bit of ironic to see people who claim the Aftermath 2.0 leak is pure fanfiction pulling a 180' and claiming that Ed Boon uses the datamines as a way to communicate with us without angering his WB overlords.

Because THAT's not fanfiction at ALL.

My friend actually a few months ago did some digging and I can confirm his Aftermath 2.0 is bull. You never know if a part here and there is true regarding a character being in KP3, but the story itself, Shinnok assist, it's not true. It's a claim my friend made publicly, but out of respect for him, I will not post it since I don't want people on here to go PM him etc.

My friend actually a few months ago did some digging and I can confirm his Aftermath 2.0 is bull. You never know if a part here and there is true regarding a character being in KP3, but the story itself, Shinnok assist, it's not true. It's a claim my friend made publicly, but out of respect for him, I will not post it since I don't want people on here to go PM him etc.
I mean you can edit the photo to hide his info if you really wanted to lol

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Not to be an ass, but at some point you started to think that by Mileena 100% your friend meant her just being in Kitana's friendship.

I stand by my wait and see approach.

Not to be an ass, but at some point you started to think that by Mileena 100% your friend meant her just being in Kitana's friendship.

I stand by my wait and see approach.
No, that my friend's source saw Mileena's model from the friendship and assumed. My friend was always 100% on it, stood behind his source, it was my own doubt. And it's also just to manage expectations, something dvdgamescenter should learn from.

Listen it's not because he was right about 3 characters that it means everything he says will also be right. Leaks are mere speculation until they're proven right. It could very well be that his source had the 3 chars right initially and then he used this to his advantage and started saying random shit. Don't just trust any leaker or 'insider' out there just because they got some info right.

So ridiculous to talk about MK12 when their next project is most likely NOT going to be MK so why would they already have people working or brainstorming a game that will (if we're right) be released 5 years down the road? Makes no freaking sense.

This dude is talking out of his ass.
Fuck dvdgamescenter. Thethiny is the real deal, the elder god. While dvdgamescenter needs his uncle, who is a friend of Boon’s barber, to tell him something about Mortal Kombat 13 dlcs, The Almighty Thiny works with science. I believe in science.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Once again, this dude got absolutely everything incorrect minus KP2. He was DEAD set on Chameleon being playable and then said he meant Shang.

Obviously, somehow, he knew KP2, but he is filled with horeshit info as well.

smoke420

Noob
Here is the REAL leak about the next game.

it will be called mkdozen .

king jerrod will be the main antagonist.

jades ending in mk9, the mysterious woman, is the wife of jerrod.

jerrod scissor bangs this woman, and they spawn a kid.

this characters name is called Damashi

mileena is in base roster & is naked

that is all

There’s a pattern with dvdgamescenter and that is he gets info on stuff we know is coming, but that aftermath 2.0 is different since it’s way earlier. Getting a second story before the 1st expansion is out? Makes 0 sense from a business standpoint. Knowing WB especially. They’d want to see how good the expansion does before deciding on giving NRS the green light on anything. I don’t see how people can argue with the logic here. It was time and money consuming to make Aftermath, which they were working on probably 1 to 2 years before it came out. Now you are going to tell me WB told them to go ahead and do that once more, not awaiting the numbers on Aftermath? Come on, use your heads...

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
There’s a pattern with dvdgamescenter and that is he gets info on stuff we know is coming, but that aftermath 2.0 is different since it’s way earlier. Getting a second story before the 1st expansion is out? Makes 0 sense from a business standpoint. Knowing WB especially. They’d want to see how good the expansion does before deciding on giving NRS the green light on anything. I don’t see how people can argue with the logic here. It was time and money consuming to make Aftermath, which they were working on probably 1 to 2 years before it came out. Now you are going to tell me WB told them to go ahead and do that once more, not awaiting the numbers on Aftermath? Come on, use your heads...
This is also just pure speculation on your behalf too.
For all the public knows, WB could have pre-approved MK11 base game and all of it's DLC before the base game was even released.

Palermo9

Ripping spines out since 1992
For all the public knows, WB could have pre-approved MK11 base game and all of it's DLC before the base game was even released.
Exactly. NRS are not some two-bit hacks, they have a proven track record (in fact, the best record in the fighting game industry as far as sales go, if we do not count Smash as a fighting game). The entire MK11 has likely been pre-approved.

With covid-19 and everything being postponed and everything, to think they’d already started on another story, doesn’t make sense. Speculation or not, it’s logical, WB approving another story that takes time and resources during this covid-19 before 1st DLC is out, now that’s just illogical as can be.