What's new

Tech - Dualist Dualist's practical setups compilation

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
One month ago, I've decided to open all threads about Dualist here in TYM to see all Dualist's setups, so I have tested all of them, then I've made a compilation of the best practical setups in my opinion.

-------------------

1 - Unblockable orb setup (midscreen and corner)

Instant grab setup: If they are holding block the grab cause the orb to be unblockable. EX orb will do 14%, regular orb with lvl 2 yin will do between 13% - 16% and with lvl 3 will do 15% - 16%. If they tech throw the regular orb with lvl 2 yin the orb will explode and it might launch your oponent, so you might get a full combo:

Midscreen:
walk forward a little bit ~ njp ~ walk forward a little bit ~ b3,4 (22%) ~ low orb ~ wait a little bit ~ stop the orb ~ 1,1,3 (hard to blockable)
walk forward a little bit ~ njp ~ walk forward a little bit ~ b3,4 ~ d2 (30%)

Corner:
d2 ~ walk forward a little ~ d1 ~ d1 ~ f2,1,3 ~ bicycle kick ~ 1,1 ~ flying kick (34%)

Delayed grab setup: If they block the EX orb the grab will hit 12%, if the EX orb launches then the grab will give you an air throw combining the damage for 22%.

Hit your opponent ~ EX orb or regular orb with lvl 2 yin or lvl 3 ~ walk forward a little bit ~ throw

You might get the corpse hop tech if your oponent does not tech roll.

shout-out to @AK L0rdoftheFLY

------------------------------

2 - Grab tech using EX orb (midscreen)

1,1,3 ~ b3,4 ~ orb ~ EX orb ~ throw

They can't tech roll, they can't tech throw, It works against delayed wakeup, it works against neutral jump and backward jump.

Things that you opponent can do to get out are: wakeup in the first orb, jump forward and backdash.

shout-out to @Kickbykick

-----------------------------

3 - Setup to use yin (midscreen)

1,1,3 ~ b3,4 ~ f2,1,3 (a little bit hard to do but it's more guaranteed the setup) or f4,4 (easier to do but it's less guaranteed the setup) ~ yin

lvl 1 is guaranteed against all characters;
lvl 2 is guaranteed against Kano, Liu Kang, Kotal Kahn, Erron Black, Shinnok (Imposter and Bone Shaper), Predator, Sub-Zero, Takeda, Cassie, Jax, Kitana, Sonya Blade, Tanya, Cyrax, Leatherface (Butcher and Pretty Lady), Alien (Acidic and Konjurer);
lvl 3 is guaranteed against D'Vorah and Ferra/Torr, Leatherface (Killer) and Alien (Tarkatan).

shout-out to @FOREVER EL1TE

-----------------------------

4 - Setup to use yin (corner)

orb ~ 1,1,3 ~ s3 ~ orb ~ d2 ~ b1 ~ yin (35%)

all levels are guaranteed against most characters. Just against Reptile's slide, dash, Cassie's flip and Lao's spin that it's not guaranteed. But they need to do tech roll into wakeup... it's a hard read to beat you, so, it's very much guaranteed against everyone.

shout-out to @Kickbykick

5 - Setup using B1,2 (corner)

orb ~ b1,2 (to break armor) ~ SS ~ f1 ~ fireball ~ d2 ~ d1 ~ d1 ~ f2,1,3 ~ bicycle kick ~ 1,1 ~ flying kick (40%)

6 - Setup using F2,1,3 into Dragon's Roar (corner)

orb ~ f2,1,3 ~ dragon's roar (liu kang will be +7 on block). if it hits: f1 ~ d2 ~ f2,1,3 ~ bicycle kick ~ f1,2 ~ orb (43%)

shout-out to @FOREVER EL1TE and @Hitbox_Godspeed

7 - Setup using F2,1,3 into SS (corner)

orb ~ f2,1,3 ~ SS (+5 on block) ~ throw: if they don't tech the throw, you will do 10%. If they do tech the throw, the orb will explode and it might launch your oponent, so you might get a full combo:

b3,4 ~ f4,4 ~ bicycle kick ~ 1,1 ~ flying kick (26%)

shout-out to @Kickbykick

8 - Setup to make a reset into an hard to blockable (corner)

orb ~ 1,1,3 ~ s3 ~ orb ~ njp ~ 4,4 ~ low orb ~ throw MB (36%)

(overhead/low): 1,1,3 ~ b3,4 ~ f4,4 ~ bicycle kick ~ 1,1 ~ flying kick (34%) / 36+34 = 70%

(low/overhead): 1,1,3 ~ b3,4 ~ f4,4 ~ bicycle kick ~ 1,1 ~ flying kick (32%) / 36+32 = 68%

shout-out to @FOREVER EL1TE and @Kickbykick

9 - Setup using a low combo starter to do an hard knockdown into an orb setup (corner)

orb ~ f4,4 ~ bicycle kick ~ d2 ~ b3,4 ~ orb (37%)

10 - Setup using a low combo starter to do meterless maximum damage (corner)

orb ~ f4,4 ~ bicycle kick ~ neutral jump ~ wait a little bit ~ punch ~ regular orb ~ d1 ~ f2,1,3 ~ dragon's roar ~ run forward ~ d2 ~ f2,1,3 ~ flying kick (46%)

shout-out to @FOREVER EL1TE

EDIT: All setups updated and improved.

@Kickbykick
@cR Xarakamaka
@SylverRye
@FOREVER EL1TE
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@GreatKungLao
@Parasurama
@Derptile
@xXxNasHxXx
@Percimon
@XBlades
@just_2swift
@NaCl man
@PapaRegadetho
@Phosferrax
@EMPR_MURK
@Zeuss

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

Last edited:
I still got some more tech, like anti jump tech, anti backdash tech.

Also you should include that b34 orb tech I made. It's +7 on hit and can lead to 6 different options for me to choose from

Bruno-NeoSpace

I still got some more tech, like anti jump tech, anti backdash tech.

Also you should include that b34 orb tech I made. It's +7 on hit and can lead to 6 different options for me to choose from
It's not very practical that combo ''1,1,3 ~ B3,4 ~ B3,4'' because it's like 2 frames to link and the gravity ir very weird because of hit/hurt boxes issues... but the B3,4 tech I have included it in a lot of setups. :D

Last edited: