What's new

General/Other - Dualist Dualist: 4 issues that he has since day one

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'

1 - HEALING: USELESS

It's super slow and it makes Liu Kang vulnerable;

VERY high risk / practically NO reward;

DB3 on the dark stance is great. DB3 on the light stance is gargabe.

Buff suggestion: 0.30% (currently at 0.03%) while Kang holds the animation and 3% (currently at 0.50%) when he ends it. VERY high risk / VERY high reward.

2 - AIR ORB: USELESS

There are NO practical setups with the air orb and it sucks as an anti-air.

Buff suggestion: make the air orb 10 frames faster on recovery.

3 - REGULAR, LOW AND AIR ORB'S HITBOX ON THE EXPLOSION IS VERY SMALL

EX orb's and fireball into orb's hitbox on the explosion is great. But regular, low and air orb's though...

Buff suggestion: increase the hitbox on the explosion of regular, low and air orb.

4 - ORBS EXPLODING ON THE END OF SCENARIOS: LIU KANG CAN NOT MAKE HIS SETUPS ON THE END OF SOME SCENARIOS

Buff suggestion: make Dualist's orb does not explode on the end of scenarios like Hat Trick's hat.

@Kickbykick
@cR Xarakamaka
@SylverRye
@FOREVER EL1TE
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@GreatKungLao
@Parasurama
@Derptile
@xXxNasHxXx
@Percimon
@XBlades
@just_2swift
@NaCl man
@PapaRegadetho
@Phosferrax
@EMPR_MURK
@Zeuss

omooba

fear the moobs
know what i find hilarious? demo has 50/50's into bombs that can jail of the 50/50's be delayed to make them plus and can be detonated whenever and she gets to input the distance... all off a string on block. kang can't do a single one of those and i'm just sitting here like how do u put those two variations in a game she's basically doing everything you want with dualist but better like come on man y'all didn't even try and that fireball buff has to be the trollyest buff i've ever seen in my life

Bruno-NeoSpace

know what i find hilarious? demo has 50/50's into bombs that can jail of the 50/50's be delayed to make them plus and can be detonated whenever and she gets to input the distance... all off a string on block. kang can't do a single one of those and i'm just sitting here like how do u put those two variations in a game she's basically doing everything you want with dualist but better like come on man y'all didn't even try and that fireball buff has to be the trollyest buff i've ever seen in my life
Yeah that fireball buff is useful to do ONE SINGLE combo. LOL

Parasurama

Dragon
The wall explosion in certain stages definitely needs to be fixed!!!!!

I am sure they know about our pleas for good healing, so perhaps it is just there to troll people lol- but if they want to fix it, just give us an ex option for a bigger chunk of health too - it will cost meter, so it will not be overpowered.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Dualist still has major issues. Healing still sucks.

An awesome buff to orbs would be to make unactivated orbs that pass full screen revolve back around from behind Liu. It would make setup game much more solid IMO. But, they'll never do that.

gam224

The world's least hype player
this variation was doomed since day one. NRS bit off more than they could chew with this variation. I do want to point out one thing though. He should be able to 2in1 cancel stance switch so he can effectively switch between the two stances to get in as well as end every corner combo in an orb set up

Parasurama

Dragon
Which combo Bruno? I notice that my linking with strings from SS is not consistent... any advice?
Like I know the timing in flame fist for the buff cancel by starting the inputs at a certain time, is there a cue that could make my SS cancels link all the time?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Remember when people saw that on the Kombat Cast and they immediately started freaking out? My immediate thought on that thing was "wow what a totally useless thing to add to this character) the chip thing on dark orbs is pretty cool tho. Makes all the block pressure in the corner a little better.

Bruno-NeoSpace

Which combo Bruno? I notice that my linking with strings from SS is not consistent... any advice?
Like I know the timing in flame fist for the buff cancel by starting the inputs at a certain time, is there a cue that could make my SS cancels link all the time?
The fifth combo: https://testyourmight.com/threads/dualists-practical-setups-compilation.60177/

Remember when people saw that on the Kombat Cast and they immediately started freaking out? My immediate thought on that thing was "wow what a totally useless thing to add to this character) the chip thing on dark orbs is pretty cool tho. Makes all the block pressure in the corner a little better.
Yeah... but my first thought was ''WOWWWW. Look how big the hitbox is!!! They finally increased the hitbox on the orb's explosion!! :D ''

But then... whey I tested it by myself... the hitbox is the same! :( Only on that new buff that the hitbox is good :(

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I really love what they've done with Hat Trick, the variation feels super solid now, aside from the walkspeed, backdash and a few less recovery on call back and hat trap, the variation is pretty spot on.

They took they time with it, NRS said the current patch isn't final, so i hope they tweak this variation as well, although i'm still figuring out how to play dualist.