What's new

Dual Shock 4 NOW UNBANNED for EVO 2016

C-Sword

Noob
Yooooooooooo original style FC??? Where did you find this gem??? If the MadCatz pad ends up being a wash, I'll have to get one of these.
play-asia

Dpad doesn't rotate on its own, left shoulder buttons can be remapped to L3 and R3, compatible with PC games that support Xinput and Dinput

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Yooooooooooo original style FC??? Where did you find this gem??? If the MadCatz pad ends up being a wash, I'll have to get one of these.
http://www.play-asia.com/fighting-commander-for-playstation-4-playstation-3/13/709efx

play-asia

Dpad doesn't rotate on its own, left shoulder buttons can be remapped to L3 and R3, compatible with PC games that support Xinput and Dinput
Thinking of getting this one too, does it only have 1 shoulder button on each side? google only gives me FC4 results..

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
It's going to be a nightmare for the organizers at EVO. SFV will have like 2k entrants and you know half of those people will forget to follow instructions.

Shawnzzy

Scrub Extraordinaire
Personally I play on the PDP MKX pad. A lot of people hate on it, but I feel like it is a pretty good controller. I switched to it after my xbone controller wore out so I got he MKX pad for xbox and ps so my controller could be the same regardless of what system I played on. I also wanted a controller that didn't need to sync.
If you are looking for a pad here are some pros and cons I've had since I switched to it.

Pros
- After the initial drop in execution due to a new controller, I felt like it was easier to execute some of my harder combos. The micro-switches make things like KL's 11212 string much easier to be consistent with.
-The controller is wired so there is no worries about DQ or batteries. Just plug and go.
-Each version has backwards compatibility so that's pretty cool. Helped my out at a Guilty Gear tourney last week where they said ps3, but it ended up being ps4.
-The micro-switches on the triggers make blocking faster and make roll teching with block easier to time.

Cons
-It is pretty light weight. Some people dig that, but it feels odd in your hands during long sessions.
-During menus it double presses buttons sometime. This never happens during game, nor does it seem to happen on ps4. It happens mostly on text boxes. Pretty annoying.
-The controller is asymmetrical which makes it easier to claw, but can lead to hands cramping after multiple hours of play.

I like it, but it's not the best pad I've ever played on. I thought about getting a Hori FC4 or picking up one of the sfv pads when they come out.

Side note, there are some good stick MK players around here which is interesting. I play SF on stick, but I've never tried Mk. I bet LRC would be awkward on stick.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
See, I've been concerned since the beginning about a wireless controller being the standard for MKX. I play on stick but I don't know anyone else who does. This is gonna get interesting. What options are there other than the new SFV pad? Hori Fighting Edge?
I personally use the hori real arcade pro v5 hayabusa. But hitboxes are also VERY popular in the MKX scene.