What's new

Dual Shock 4 NOW UNBANNED for EVO 2016

Does anyone have any experience with this particular accessory.

http://www.amazon.com/Brook-Controller-Adapter-PS4-Console-Original/dp/B01A29YKE0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1454548791&sr=8-9&keywords=brook ps4

I'd rather not go back to my PS2 controller, but if there aren't any other options I may have to look into it.
I have one to allow xboxone pad on ps4 - its great, has no 8 minute timeout issue assuming the firmware on the converter is up to date (you will have to update the firmware on the converter if its not upto date already)..

happy to answer any questions the best I can. Also @GOGO Zippy on these forums is part of Brook I believe, he's usually very helpful too. :)

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Wow this is pretty insane.

Why can't we just collectively enforce the rule that the players must desync every controller before playing on a system, and if they do not and a pause occurs from a resync, that match is autovoided and redone entirely? It would be both their faults if it happened, so there is no harm in automatically voiding a match no matter the current score.

Probably over 80% of MKX players prefer to use the DS4 when playing on PlayStation. Forcing everyone to purchase a converter, or use other people's converters, or a stick or get used to using a new pad is not a proper answer imo.

EDIT: Lol I guess this is whats happening now... cool.

Last edited:
I have one to allow xboxone pad on ps4 - its great, has no 8 minute timeout issue assuming the firmware on the converter is up to date (you will have to update the firmware on the converter if its not upto date already)..

happy to answer any questions the best I can. Also @GOGO Zippy on these forums is part of Brook I believe, he's usually very helpful too. :)
Excellent, I hope he can give me some feedback to that particular piece.

Wow this is pretty insane.

Why can't we just collectively enforce the rule that the players must desync every controller before playing on a system, and if they do not and a pause occurs from a resync, that match is autovoided and redone entirely? It would be both their faults if it happened, so there is no harm in automatically voiding a match no matter the current score.

Probably over 80% of MKX players prefer to use the DS4 when playing on PlayStation. Forcing everyone to purchase a converter, or use other people's converters, or a stick or get used to using a new pad is not a proper answer imo.

I can't fault the TO to a degree. If I recall, Evo had roughly 1,000 entrants into the MKX Tournament last year. Keeping that many people organized & ensuring each pool station has its controllers desynced would be hard. I am assuming they're predicting just as large if not a larger turnout this year considering SF5 and other games.

That being said, i'm not personally in favor of the decision. Especially given that most if not all Majors this year have allowed the DS4 to be used. I've yet to see an MKX Top 8 or Grand Final where someone's controller failed and the match needed to be stopped to find a new one. Or figure out the sync issue.

E

Eldriken

I can't really blame this decision because of so many effin' people always forgetting to delete the inactive controllers from the system. Then again, it's pretty stupid that Sony hasn't addressed this God damn issue either.

It would be really nice if Sony added some sort of "Tournament" feature for TOs to use that automatically removes a controller from the console's synced devices list once it's turned off. Just enable "Tournament Mode" and voila. But will this ever happen? Nope.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
DS4s stay synced to the system they were used on even once turned off so if tge PS button on someone's pad gets hit that was previously playing on that console it forces a pause and a sign in prompt. It has happened numerous times in tournament in both mkx and usf4.
Yes, I know that is an issue, but we have the option of taking out the battery and problem solved. Banning it makes no sense unless there is something else I don't know about.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
I feel like Michaelangelo's Summer Jam resync fiasco is the sole reason this has even been brought up haha. That was hilarious and brutal at the same time.

@Eldriken curious how you embedded that particular image. A quick cropping?

Also I hope that attendees make an extra effort to ensure their devices are properly un-synced so that this can potentially be a standard for Evo going forward. The last thing we would need is an interrupt during a critical part of the event.

E

Eldriken

@Eldriken curious how you embedded that particular image. A quick cropping?

Also I hope that attendees make an extra effort to ensure their devices are properly un-synced so that this can potentially be a standard for Evo going forward. The last thing we would need is an interrupt during a critical part of the event.
Yep. My MS Paint cropping skills are legit, bruh. :p

E

Eldriken

I hope they intend on devoting people to monitor whether or not someone desyncs their controller from the console. What if the list of currently synced controllers gets pretty large and then an interruption happens due to it? How are they gonna peg the person for it, y'know?

A just concern. All we can really do is attempt to make it easier on the TO and the community by monitoring players who are there.

It's because of syncing issues and disruptions. Wireless controllers just have too many problems that can cost somebody their tourney life. Problems like this also mean it takes the tourney longer to run. At least the news is out nice and early so peope can buy what they need to buy and get used to anything new.
Perfect explanation. Thanks.

it can be really exciting when you sit down.. sometimes you just forget to check the syncs before you play and on the other hand sometimes when you win you pop off or when you loose your salty you forget. This DQ thing is going to cause some trouble... regardless of whose "fault" and how easy it is to avoid.

The real problem is the Ps4. As soon as it was out we all knew at some point the FGC would have to handle the terrible controller situation on the Ps4.

I like the idea of a no tolerance policy. I do not really care what it is.. as long as it is clearly stated and enforced.

So how dose this work... controllers are not linked to people, how will they know who to DQ? What is the rule if the game is interrupted?

E

Eldriken

@RM xRagnarökx You should update the topic title to reflect the changes. You should then use the image link that I posted on the second page and edit it into your first post.

If you don't know how to change the thread title, go to the first page and up above where your first message is at, you will see "Thread tools". Click on that and click "Edit title".

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
It's "better" because it looks like the Sega Genesis classic 6-button controller. :p
I'm guessing the lack of rotatable d-pad causes less issues, but that's never been an issue for me. I use it for Tekken 6, MK X, USF4 and soon SF V, I think the Hori FC4 is a godsend.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
For those who are looking for an alternative to the DS4, I have this one, much better than the FC4

Yooooooooooo original style FC??? Where did you find this gem??? If the MadCatz pad ends up being a wash, I'll have to get one of these.