What's new

DS UMK compared to arcade version

Phoenix said:
@MKF30

You don't want to play Annihlators R.Smoke. You will wind up in the fetal position crying with a thumb in your mouth :wink:

There's not many good R.Smoke players anyway. On xbl Ive only seen like 5 who were decent (Master boomstick etc...), and 3 who were very good (Annihlator83, Crazy Dominican, DC HUSTLE 106)
Yeah, but Master Boomstick is a chronic dropper.

Tim Static

Adminerator
QuiGonZel said:
Phoenix said:
@MKF30

You don't want to play Annihlators R.Smoke. You will wind up in the fetal position crying with a thumb in your mouth :wink:

There's not many good R.Smoke players anyway. On xbl Ive only seen like 5 who were decent (Master boomstick etc...), and 3 who were very good (Annihlator83, Crazy Dominican, DC HUSTLE 106)
Yeah, but Master Boomstick is a chronic dropper.
True dat.

Lin_Kuei_Assassin said:
Robo Smoke also happens to be the n00bs number one choice. Teleport, Spear, Uppercut, repeat.
Of course. it's the easiest 40% in the game (doing the auto-combo instead of the uppercut). He's #1 on n00bs tier list :wink:

Derek

Noob
Phoenix said:
@MKF30

Master Boomstix is terrible.

Phoenix said:
@MKF30

KINGBIZHOP, G3NITAL TUMOUR, pajaromayor they have Good ones (who i remember right now)

I can't wait to get own3d by all the insanely cheap robo Smoke players the second I get the game. All my strategy will probably revolve around beating them PROPERLY.

l SuGaR l said:
Phoenix said:
@MKF30

Master Boomstix is terrible.
His name popped in my head b/c he only uses him... I agree he's terrible. :wink:

Tim Static

Adminerator
I love using Jax against especially noob Robo-Homos.

Block TU, aaHP, JK, BB or Block TU, and Gotcha grab and just annoy the shit out of them until they drop :D

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'd love to play his smoke if I had the chance, if I lose, I lose...the way I see it when dizgirl dominates people with Kung Lao and goes nuts with him, I can't picture anyone being anymore dominating with a character who can't infinite you the whole round like in Robo smokes case(I know about his corner infinite) but I'm pretty sure he has not midscreen one.

Also in saying so, a few of you guys never seen me play 8) at the same time so in that respect, you really can't judge prior. I know I'm one of the "new kids" on the block when it comes to playing against UMK3 veterans that are famous, I'm just proving myself or trying to. So far I've done a hell of a lot better then I thought I would honestly.

I remember this incident way back.

Few guys never played me nor seen me play and assumed they own me in MKD and MKA, but much worse attitude though. You guys seem pretty nice and cool but these other dudes, I play on xbox consoles and these guys came from PS2 thought they'd "rape me" yet I beat every PS 2 player except one who owned everyone on both consoles but I remember this one time, it was PS2's best Ermac MKD player against me(xbox's best in MKD) and when we played for the first time at the time and I winded up winning by 6 games by the time that series ended. To say he underestimated me was an understatement :lol:

He was good, I was better and those people shut up after that lol.

Honestly though, I know UMk3 is a different game but the concept is a little similar. I'd want to play a really good Robo Smoke, if I lose I learn from it and get better 8)

@buttman, no way dude you don't suck...I think you're a very good player IMO, everyone loses man, good players, great players..nobody is perfect lol.

MKF30 said:
Few guys never played me nor seen me play and assumed they own me in MKD and MKA, but much worse attitude though. You guys seem pretty nice and cool but these other dudes, I play on xbox consoles and these guys came from PS2 thought they'd "rape me" yet I beat every PS 2 player except one who owned everyone on both consoles but I remember this one time, it was PS2's best Ermac MKD player against me(xbox's best in MKD) and when we played for the first time at the time and I winded up winning by 6 games by the time that series ended. To say he underestimated me was an understatement :lol:
My friend can own you in MK:A. : D Supposedly he's one of the best. I've seen him due infinites on people and it's funny. :3

EDIT : Instead of double posting..... :D I think the DS umk3 is well worth it. For me, MAME seems highly slow and I can do half of the stuff I could on zBattle. Now, that I'm learning the little ass d-pad and buttons, I'm finally being able to do some of the stuff I can on the ps2 controller. : ) Overall, DS UMK3 and XBLA UMK3 is going to be the best online UMK3 services that we can get. <3

Tim Static

Adminerator
Phoenix said:
For people who play on the x360: Is the DS WiFi any less laggy than XBL? Just the slightest bit is worth mentioning :wink:
Really its all the same. It depends how strong your Wi-Fi is...and such. I would still feel more comfortable if I coyuld put an ethernet cable into my DS.

And BTW, get a Nintendo DS, not a DS Lite.

Tim Static said:
Phoenix said:
For people who play on the x360: Is the DS WiFi any less laggy than XBL? Just the slightest bit is worth mentioning :wink:
Really its all the same. It depends how strong your Wi-Fi is...and such. I would still feel more comfortable if I coyuld put an ethernet cable into my DS.

And BTW, get a Nintendo DS, not a DS Lite.[/quote]

why?

Tim Static

Adminerator
The DS Lite is smaller and the old DS just is a bit bigger, better shoulder buttons for Run/Block. It just feels better, IMO.

I'm gonna trade my DS Lite in for a red Mario Kart Nintendo DS tomorrow :wink:

Tim Static said:
The DS Lite is smaller and the old DS just is a bit bigger, better shoulder buttons for Run/Block. It just feels better, IMO.

oh, oh well I already have a lite, just not umk3 :wink:

Tim Static

Adminerator
Phoenix said:
Tim Static said:

Thats cool....dont get me wrong, the DS Lite is great, but for UMK3, the old DS feels LOTS more comfortable.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Tim Static said:
Phoenix said:
Tim Static said:

Thats cool....dont get me wrong, the DS Lite is great, but for UMK3, the old DS feels LOTS more comfortable.
I might have to try it out. My hands hurt so much from the tiny little DS Lite.

Tim Static

Adminerator
dreemernj said:
Tim Static said:
Phoenix said:
Tim Static said:

I might have to try it out. My hands hurt so much from the tiny little DS Lite.
Yeah, my hands tend to cramp up when I play my Lite too long. :x

Its pretty easy to find an old silver DS in great shape, and if you know of a local used shop (used games, music & movies) you usually get it for about $90 used in good shape.

MKF30

Speedy187 said:
MKF30 said:
My friend can own you in MK:A. : D Supposedly he's one of the best. I've seen him due infinites on people and it's funny. :3

EDIT : Instead of double posting..... :D I think the DS umk3 is well worth it. For me, MAME seems highly slow and I can do half of the stuff I could on zBattle. Now, that I'm learning the little ass d-pad and buttons, I'm finally being able to do some of the stuff I can on the ps2 controller. : ) Overall, DS UMK3 and XBLA UMK3 is going to be the best online UMK3 services that we can get. <3
What's his name if it's on xbox, highly doubtful :wink: There has only been one player from Xbox side that I couldn't keep up with or beat and that was a guy named eazytobeat who is the best MKA player easily for xbox. And the last time I played him the score was 10-7 him as oppose to the 15-3 prior, so I have improved a lot and FTR nobody can match my Fujin in MKA 8) a low tier character that is a god in my hands hehehehe.

Also, infinites in MKA aren't legit just so you know so no offense to your friend but only scrubs rely on infinites in MKA because most of the time they'll pick their KAK which isn't legit vs. a regular character.

dreemernj said:
My hands hurt so much from the tiny little DS Lite.
My main reason for not wanting to get one. I don't know how you guys can manage to play on that tiny thing. I know I would be losing left and right thanks to my hands cramping up in no time just from holding that tiny DS.

MKF30

Just my personal opinion, DS PHAT I would highly recommend over DS lite in UMK3's case.

A.better D-pad

B.larger then the DS lite

My only case with it is when I play a tight match, I tend to shake the damn thing not purposely though lol. But I'm getting better at that, I use my chair as a lock for it so I don't shake it all over the place lol :lol:

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah you would think since DS has a built in mic...companies would use it! (The mic is the little hole in the middle between the screens).