What's new

DS UMK compared to arcade version

Tim Static

Adminerator
MKF30 said:
I don't doubt that man lol, I'm sure the total between MK2 and UMK3 the arcades earned on those two games alone could buy me a corvette hehe(my dream car) :D
I'm sure the money spend during the MKII heyday bought Ed, John & the rest of Team MK VERY nice cars, corvettes ot whatever.

(PS- Corvettes rule. 8) )

McCarron

Noob
Tim Static said:
MKF30 said:
I don't doubt that man lol, I'm sure the total between MK2 and UMK3 the arcades earned on those two games alone could buy me a corvette hehe(my dream car) :D
I'm sure the money spend during the MKII heyday bought Ed, John & the rest of Team MK VERY nice cars, corvettes ot whatever.

(PS- Corvettes rule. 8) )
Ed used to have a 3000 GT. I wanted to race him in my GTO (With a 'Vette engine) but he got rid of it. I've always wanted to race a 3000 GT too, so it's too bad.

The thing to remember is Ed and John worked for Midway at the time, who reaped the majority of the benefits from MK. The guys made a lot of royalties, but they didn't make mad "Doom" money like the guys at id Software did in their hay day since they didn't own the company. Those guys drove some sick cars!

Tim Static said:
MKF30 said:
I didn't play them much in the arcades, I get frustrated if the machine keeps beating me and taking my money :x :x
Man, if I were somwhow too be reimbursted for all the money I spend on arcade games, lol, I could uy a car. Seriously, hehe.
Back in the day, I had a statement for those Midway games.
"If you want to play the game, you have to pay 50 cents, if you want to beat this game, you have to work at Wall Street, then spend your paycheck."

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
TheRagingStorm said:
Tim Static said:
MKF30 said:
I didn't play them much in the arcades, I get frustrated if the machine keeps beating me and taking my money :x :x
Man, if I were somwhow too be reimbursted for all the money I spend on arcade games, lol, I could uy a car. Seriously, hehe.
"If you want to play the game, you have to pay 50 cents, if you want to beat this game, you have to work at Wall Street, then spend your paycheck."

Ha, Ha so true I bet with those specific Midway games lol 8)

I love Z06's FTW!! :wink:

Tim Static

Adminerator
MKF30 said:
TheRagingStorm said:
Tim Static said:
MKF30 said:

Ha, Ha so true I bet with those specific Midway games lol 8)

I love Z06's FTW!! :wink:
Gimmea 1996 Chevy Impala SS w/ police modchip, maroon. 3 million watt sound system. Entire MK arcade collection jamma build into the trunk for play on built in arcade sticks in the back seat...

Sorry had an PIMP MY RIDE moment.... :shock:

MKF30

That's funny, and sweet too lol.

Yeah, next Vette C7 due out sometime in 2010 around lots of rumors have it it'll have 650+ HP :shock:

Corvette=exotic car now hehe :twisted:

ButtManV3 said:
I haven't played your Robo Smoke yet and I've always wanted too.
Just be thankful you haven't. But no, I'm not getting a DS just for this game or any other as I'm not into portables that much.

MKF30

Is his Robo smoke good?

Him and kabal have to be the most used characters online..despite the console, doesn't matter if it's xbox or DS same shit that often gets predictable time and time again... :(

MKF30

Cool, too bad the dude won't get the DS version..hasn't been a Robo Smoke my Ermac can't take down so far hehehe. :)

I'm feeling really good lately with Cyrax also, I beat this dude named Honduras last night with Cyrax, and all he picks is Ermac. The tier difference is insanely different...

He's really good with Ermac I did manage to beat his with mine though and all he picks is Ermac mainly...so it get a little predictable.

Plus, it only makes me better if I beat a higher tier character over time I've noticed so at times I don't mind it. Afterall, I beat kids all the time with low tier Fujin in MKA online, UMK3 is no different in that concept. 8)

I guess I have a thing for low tiers :twisted:

MKF30 said:
Cool, too bad the dude won't get the DS version..hasn't been a Robo Smoke my Ermac can't take down so far hehehe. :)
Its no surprise that most don't know how to use him (just like in XBL), add in to the fact that you are playing against DS users which I would presume most would be kids playing this game, and well, no need to go any further... :?

MKF30

Noobs will arise everywhere despite the console....

But I have played some really annoying, good R.Smokes and it's really all about baiting with the teleport, into spear, combo etc...

And constant throwing and the robots are also much easier to relaunch so that's why I give Cyber Smoke lovers Ermac, C. Sub or Kabal to even the stakes up a bit.

Granted most are either average or suck but I have played a few Cyber ones, I use him a little bit. Not sure how you play him per-se since some players have different styles, but I love going invisible....can't hit what you can't see lol of course that might be tough against a more aggressive foe, so I usually do it immediately after an RH asap. It's really confused and frustrated foes let me tell ya lol.

His spear is also insanely fast especially if you wake up with it, he's cool.

I've actually also found Sektor to be a good Smoke counter, I'll gladly trade a spear for a few seekers any day hehe. :wink:

I've played so far almost everyone that has the xbox version that have the DS version, Konqrr, Tim, Buttman, The One, Dreemer, Dizgirl etc.

There's more I have to play but so far for me anyway, everyone is different obviously but so far I must say she's beaten me the worst or I got more wins off me :) girls got skill, I play all MK's though just so you know since I know you don't know me but I love all MK's and play all at high level.

I must say MKD and MKA combined didn't have nearly the amount of comp UMK3 has wow... :shock:

MKF30 said:
I've actually also found Sektor to be a good Smoke counter, I'll gladly trade a spear for a few seekers any day hehe. :wink:
Is that what people think these days? I always wondered when the few times I've picked R. Smoke, the others tend to go to Sektor and I always end up LMAO. :lol:

Tim Static

Adminerator
Annihilator83 said:
MKF30 said:
Is that what people think these days? I always wondered when the few times I've picked R. Smoke, the others tend to go to Sektor and I always end up LMAO. :lol:
The only thing I can think that would make people think that is that they each have a TU. :roll: I'll take one Robo-Homo over 20 Sextoy's ANYDAY.

MKF30

Tim Static said:
Annihilator83 said:
MKF30 said:
The only thing I can think that would make people think that is that they each have a TU. :roll: I'll take one Robo-Homo over 20 Sextoy's ANYDAY.
I know most people don't pick Sektor or can get off a seeker then turtle but I don't do that...ask Buttman V3 hehe last I played him let's put it this way I had about 4 seekers buffered all over the screen along with charging, I'm not saying I have the #1 Sektor or anything but I have a damn good one considering the Sektor's I've seen so far in general.

If I played a very, very good R.Smoke though then they get Ermac or Kabal. Simple as that:twisted:

@ Sugar, so far I've been able to hold my own against just about everyone good from the 360 that has the DS version if not do well except for dizgirl :wink:

So far dizgirl was the one player to really pull a huge streak off me, she is very good I must admit. Very good Kung Lao especially.

All the players/veterans of UMK3 DS that I've played so far are really good players like Dreemer, Konqrr, ButtmanV3, The One aka Johnny Cakes, some dude named Honduras, Tim and of course Dizgirl so not sure why you only believe one guy is the only good player on the DS....

I know he's good, I've just yet to play him so far. I'm just saying since I play the DS a lot. Surely you know who those names are and they far from suck.. :wink:

MKF30

You don't want to play Annihlators R.Smoke. You will wind up in the fetal position crying with a thumb in your mouth :wink:

There's not many good R.Smoke players anyway. On xbl Ive only seen a few who were decent (Master boomstick etc...), and a few who were very good (Annihlator83, Crazy Dominican, DC HUSTLE 106 etc...)