What's new

DS UMK compared to arcade version

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Perhaps it might be because they don't want people kissing the DS when they talk :lol: lol who knows...

Or B.they forget about it(which is most likely the main reason my guess)

ZAQ

Noob
In the game "Feel the Magic" there are a set of candles on the screen.
You blow at the DS to put them out. The mic measures the amount of noise you are making through blowing and turns out the candles where it thinks the most noise is coming from.

DS's mic sounds good too, I couldn't believe it.

MKF30 said:
What's his name if it's on xbox, highly doubtful :wink: There has only been one player from Xbox side that I couldn't keep up with or beat and that was a guy named eazytobeat who is the best MKA player easily for xbox. And the last time I played him the score was 10-7 him as oppose to the 15-3 prior, so I have improved a lot and FTR nobody can match my Fujin in MKA 8) a low tier character that is a god in my hands hehehehe.

Also, infinites in MKA aren't legit just so you know so no offense to your friend but only scrubs rely on infinites in MKA because most of the time they'll pick their KAK which isn't legit vs. a regular character.
Well. I know he goes by the name of ZeroKoolX, for the PS2. He doesn't have an Xbox. : / He said, no one has really beaten him, yet.

Playing MKA used to be a blast until fucking bitches started joining and only doing kustom infinite bullshit. Man, I really wish there was a way to kick someone in the balls through XBox live. Imagine having a feature that causes the Xbox to kick you in the balls every time you start air juggling for half an hour?

MKF30

Speedy187 said:
MKF30 said:
What's his name if it's on xbox, highly doubtful :wink: There has only been one player from Xbox side that I couldn't keep up with or beat and that was a guy named eazytobeat who is the best MKA player easily for xbox. And the last time I played him the score was 10-7 him as oppose to the 15-3 prior, so I have improved a lot and FTR nobody can match my Fujin in MKA 8) a low tier character that is a god in my hands hehehehe.

Also, infinites in MKA aren't legit just so you know so no offense to your friend but only scrubs rely on infinites in MKA because most of the time they'll pick their KAK which isn't legit vs. a regular character.
Well. I know he goes by the name of ZeroKoolX, for the PS2. He doesn't have an Xbox. : / He said, no one has really beaten him, yet.

Never heard of him...

MKF30

Finishing time seems fast in every UMK3 version to me honestly lol. Older MK's in general, one thing I will say about the new ones for sure that are better then the 2D's the fatality time is actually reasonable. 8)

MKF30 said:
Finishing time seems fast in every UMK3 version to me honestly lol. Older MK's in general, one thing I will say about the new ones for sure that are better then the 2D's the fatality time is actually reasonable. 8)
That was so you only had enough time to try two or three combinations to find a fatality. So you would pump more quarters/tokens into the machine to keep trying. It was all for $$$. In the 3d games they got their money just because you bought. Thats why all the fatalities were known before the release of the game.

Tim Static

Adminerator
MOE30W said:
MKF30 said:
That was so you only had enough time to try two or three combinations to find a fatality. So you would pump more quarters/tokens into the machine to keep trying. It was all for $$$. In the 3d games they got their money just because you bought. Thats why all the fatalities were known before the release of the game.
Very, very true. Also is the same reason for the AI in the arcades era MK's.

MKF30

MOE30W said:
MKF30 said:
Yeah, I'm sure of that as well lol. Good point. I'll admit, I wanted to see myself do fatalities back when MK was hot at the arcades 8)

I never managed to play umk3 at the arcades the arcades near me never had an umk3 machine I think they just had house of the dead time crisis some racing games street fighter 2 a pool table and a punching game and I think that's about all it had what a sucky arcade lol.

Am I the only one who has realized the slower reaction time? What I mean is, when you block kabals spin or a teleport, It's hard to punish them. I think it's somwhere around .5 seconds of delay compared to the 360. Also, I think there's a faster recovery for kabals spin. Not drastic but like .2 seconds faster. The reason I'm noticing this is b/c yesterday I tested out by playing people on the 360 and the DS. The lagless DS compensates for it though. If only the corners of the DS didn't dig into my hands.

Some other differences ive noticed is the cross-ups. Ive had people jump jk over me and land the jk. Not the normal way, but pressing jk right as they jump, and their heel hitting my back.
Against the CPU with Reptile, I JP cross-up'd the pop up combo from corner over him, and had instant recovery. I RH's twice and ran in for hk and got good damage. Ive never done that on the 360. Its alot easier to voleey with Reptile btw on the DS.

Its really hard to get Human Smokes ending {hp, jk, air throw}. I can't do it at all, while on the 360 I could get it 100% of the time. Also Kungs spin is virtually impossible to do on command. I can get it maybe 10% of the time, while on the 360 I could get it 85% of the time (with a good d-pad).

Some other stuff here and there too.

MKF30

Well, I've noticed tough to counter with blocked TP's and some other specials in general but that's no doubt due to lag. They'll be more safe and a move that would normally be easily punishable offline obviously online is more difficult I've noticed this on both 360 and DS.

Unfortunately, lag happens sometimes. :evil:

kartar

Noob
Actually I've noticed the same thing when it comes to blocking specials. Sometimes I'll block Kabal's spin and try to do a combo and nothing comes out because the stupid thing is still blocking long after I let go of the button. By the time my hits actually come out, they other guy is already blocking himself. :x

kartar said:
Actually I've noticed the same thing when it comes to blocking specials. Sometimes I'll block Kabal's spin and try to do a combo and nothing comes out because the stupid thing is still blocking long after I let go of the button. By the time my hits actually come out, they other guy is already blocking himself. :x
Exactly

Tim Static

Adminerator
Phoenix said:
kartar said:
Exactly
Blocking sweeps I find is harder also. During one of the last matches I played on my DS online, I was holding block and I was swept 4 STRAIGHT TIMES.

I dont know if it was lag or what, but thats when I stopped playing the DS online....