What's new

Drahmin For MKX!

Error

DF2+R2
Since @Geoduck is too lazy to make this thread, I'd like to make the first Drahmin request thread for our favorite Netherealm Oni.

Drahmin is probably one of the more grotesque characters conceived during the 3D era (along with meat) and I believe he was actually one of the few interesting concepts. He is masked and resembles a skinned corpse with a club attached to his right arm and he is surrounded by a swarm of flies which he uses in combat sometimes.

"The Oni Tormentor Drahmin had resided in the 5th plane of the Netherrealm for centuries. It was therefore no surprise to Moloch that Drahmin would so readily accept Quan Chi's offer of freedom from that realm in return for protection from the ninja spectre Scorpion. Drahmin and Moloch savagely brutalized Scorpion whenever he made a move for Quan Chi. It would not be long before they would be released upon the world of the living and taste mortal flesh once more. Drahmin had led Quan Chi to a structure that housed the remnants of ancient tablets and runestones dating back to the creation of the realms. Quan Chi's eye was caught by a tablet with an image that bore a striking resemblance to his amulet. The engraved writing revealed the amulet's hidden power to control inter-realm portals. Breaking his promise, Quan Chi betrayed Moloch and Drahmin and used the amulet to escape the Netherrealm without them. Unknown to Quan Chi, however, the two Oni also escaped and are now thirsty for revenge."

Still not convinced? Here's a high definition video of Drahmin fighting Godzilla among other foes in critically acclaimed MK: DA.
@Espio

Last edited:

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I can redesign Hsu Hao to work, but the concept of Drahmin is one I just dont think works.

His whole character is a flesh eating skinned corpse. Thats pretty vanilla IMO as we've had so many zombies shoved at us lately its oveplayed and then some. Plus battle damage on a skinned corpse? Redundant concept. Not much impact to it compared to seeing Sonya all chewed up after a fight.

Maybe I could redesign him to be cool but the mask needs completely overhauled or removed outright. Easier to work with a mask than without though. Masks can sell a look harder than a face can. Dehumanizes them to make them imposing which is good in a fighting game design. I'm thinking I might have to do some art over the next year as we wait for this. I'll start in after I get moved soon...see if I can't do some redesigns on some no namers like Hsu Hao or Drahmin. It'd be a good exercise to take a failed idea and see if I could turn it into something.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I doubt Ed will let one of his least favorite characters return anytime soon.

Moloch was deconfirmed ages ago too.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I never had the chance to read the MK comics but this guy looks like an interesting character, looks lil like an Aztec warrior with the hair.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Drahmin is so damn hype and I think it's lame that Boon not liking him is grounds for him never showing up again. He's actually a fresh, scary design and one of the male characters I actually liked in the MK series especially the 3D era when few characters stood out to me as interesting or unique.

If they made him a master of death and disease they could make him a truly great addition to the roster. I always pictured him that way with the flies floating around him, makes me think of Gravelord Nito, the first of the dead for some reason too.

That and his club. I don't understand why he's so overlooked, he's what I picture when I think of MK, a dark unholy monster fighting with mortals.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Drahmin is so damn hype and I think it's lame that Boon not liking him is grounds for him never showing up again. He's actually a fresh, scary design and one of the male characters I actually liked in the MK series especially the 3D era when few characters stood out to me as interesting or unique.

If they made him a master of death and disease they could make him a truly great addition to the roster. I always pictured him that way with the flies floating around him, makes me think of Gravelord Nito, the first of the dead for some reason too.

That and his club. I don't understand why he's so overlooked, he's what I picture when I think of MK, a dark unholy monster fighting with mortals.
Gravelord Nito is metal \o/