What's new

Dr. Quinzel's Dossier (Matchup Thread)

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
This match up is pretty fun and it really depends on how good you are at getting in on fate. a couple of things to note

1. full screen you can shoot him before his fire ball reaches you everytime
2. if you tantrum you can roll in under any of his projectiles other than traited ankhs,
3. if he does f2 ankh (which they will once you're close) after you block do an instant j2 and you'll get them
4. MB roll is your friend
5. if you got him in the corner you can restand him or knock him down and cross him up to avoid his ankh, also if you dash in after 112 in the corner you can meaty 12 and beat his wake up
6. in theory instant j2 or j1 should be able to punish the db2 wake up but it doesn't always work
I'd like to add a heavy caveat to number 2 here. Do not do this midscreen, or you will get full comboed. Got blown up trying to roll in like this so many times.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I've gotten a lot better with matchups that I was struggling with to start....
The funny thing about Harley matches is.. there is not a matchup that I do not enjoy... even if it's a losing MU, even if I lose, I find myself enjoying her and the game.

Recently however Supergirl has been handing me my ass... and it's kind of like the Green Lantern MU, I beat myself- not actually them beating me... I know her laser poke strategies, I know when to expect her MB eye laser walk, her strings are pretty simple to block- but I show WAY to much fear/respect for that damn teleport!!! It drives me crazy!!! It's like.. Scorpion in MK, you can kind of see the ports coming since all have to worry about is the spear, but she can hit you with so much shit in front- I get in my own head.

Gorilla Grodd- I think I've fought a total of 10 of him out of hundreds of games- and I believe I am 2-8... I just don't know the MU or what Grodd relies on- I've recently found that his jump in move can be stuffed with D2, into combo, but other than that, I'm getting tossed around like a rag doll- he or his moveset comparable to any other Injustice character? I use to love fighting against Grundy in IGAU, but Grodd is just wiping floors with me..

And GL.. damnit damnit damnit damnit damnit.. its LOW then HIGH, LOW then HIGH... I've been fighting against it since IGAU... it's LOW then HIGH.. I have some mental block about blocking GL's basic BnB string (SINCE IGAU).

Second Saint

Ok, went back to the lab to rediscover the consistent anti Fate wakeup tech in the corner. I'm sure there's a way with the hyenas, which is what I remember having, but I just figured out that using [starter] tantrum 1, f13, 33 and then dashing in and doing nj2 is a much better way. It consistently beats their wakeup whether you cross them up or not. Just change how far you dash to decide whether you're hitting in front or back.

Hardest Matchups i've found are

Aquaman
Green Arrow
Deadshot
and Darkseid

other chars that are annoying
Batman
Superman
Catwoman

the rest aren't that bad at all, and really the only one i hate is aqua

Ok, went back to the lab to rediscover the consistent anti Fate wakeup tech in the corner. I'm sure there's a way with the hyenas, which is what I remember having, but I just figured out that using [starter] tantrum 1, f13, 33 and then dashing in and doing nj2 is a much better way. It consistently beats their wakeup whether you cross them up or not. Just change how far you dash to decide whether you're hitting in front or back.
I uses this one as well, but i hate when i do it wrong and side I side switch. i prefer 112 cuz its HKD (not sure if 33 is) but i generally go b121 anyway. might just be preference

Second Saint

I uses this one as well, but i hate when i do it wrong and side I side switch. i prefer 112 cuz its HKD (not sure if 33 is) but i generally go b121 anyway. might just be preference
33 is also a hard knockdown. I tried it with 112, but I couldn't really get it to beat the wakeup if I stayed in front of him. With 33, I can do either, which means that he's going to be forced to either hold the mixup or delay wakeup. If you side switch and didn't mean to, at the very least you can go for 123 to put them back in the corner or 12~gunshots to stay plus. It's definitely better to crossover and still remain out of the corner, but it could be worse.

Also, do you really not think Fate's a hard matchup for her? Because I've got it as one of her worst, honestly. Then again, most of my Fate experience is against Dab Jr, and he's a lot better than me.

33 is also a hard knockdown. I tried it with 112, but I couldn't really get it to beat the wakeup if I stayed in front of him. With 33, I can do either, which means that he's going to be forced to either hold the mixup or delay wakeup. If you side switch and didn't mean to, at the very least you can go for 123 to put them back in the corner or 12~gunshots to stay plus. It's definitely better to crossover and still remain out of the corner, but it could be worse.

Also, do you really not think Fate's a hard matchup for her? Because I've got it as one of her worst, honestly. Then again, most of my Fate experience is against Dab Jr, and he's a lot better than me.
try the instant j2 thing after ankhs, it changes the match alot. the most annoying part to me has always been that f2 xx db2 put him at a space unreachable for harley in the time needed but the instant j2 works wonders and its a full combo

Second Saint

try the instant j2 thing after ankhs, it changes the match alot. the most annoying part to me has always been that f2 xx db2 put him at a space unreachable for harley in the time needed but the instant j2 works wonders and its a full combo
Yeah, but it's just a check, not a punish, or at least that's all I've gotten. A punishable one at that. I just don't see it changing too much once they start blocking.

EDIT: I will be trying it though. Didn't make that clear.

Yeah, but it's just a check, not a punish, or at least that's all I've gotten. A punishable one at that. I just don't see it changing too much once they start blocking.

I haven't lost to a fate in a long time, but to be fair I haven't played Pnut or Bdon yet

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I don't think a lot of us Harley players downplay her, I think she's greatly improved in this game tbh.

Saying Aqua is a bad MU doesn't mean I think she's bad. To go more in to specifics, Aqua out footsies Harley pretty handily and even if you do get the hit/punish all of your TS combos are pretty null, you get full combo punished for even trying to do a TS combo to Aqua who has trait and 2u3/f23 are also easily traited by Aquaman players who know the match up.

Harley also loses the projectile war pretty badly if you eat a FTD on a bad read, FTD MB trident toss is about 230-250 dmg I don't remember the exact number. At full screen water shield also eats up hyenas and cupcakes since they are projectiles.

That said, the MU doesn't feel nearly as bad as it was in IGAU.
Can't say I disagree much with the analysis. Thanks for thinking it through and communicating it well.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy

TBF Mista_Snacks knows what he's talking about when it comes to Harley. I play fate too, and a check is a good thing, stops fate's from spamming that shit and thinking alittle, I know i'm guilty of abusing it, since no one fucking counters it yet lol.

TheNation265

Edenian Royal Assassin
So I see that blue beetle is listed as a winning mu. Although I don't have much beetle xp as I hardly run into any, and don't know anyone that plays him, what are you guys doing in this mu?