What's new

Breakthrough - Hollywood DR Gross' Corner Safe Jump Setups Explained

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You can actually also space d+f1 so flip kick only connects on hit too, but it's not as lenient as f3.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
i showed in one of my videos this armor break tech long time ago. It works for all characters that have armor launcher and Dizzy used it with Raiden for combo breaker

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Now as most of you know, I've been endorsing Gross' Cassie tech for over a month or so, but a lot of people don't understand why it works the way it does, or how it works. Tom Brady has taken the time to break it down bit by bit to help those people and show you why it's so awesome. For the sake of explanation, Tom just used a 37% combo, but Gross gets upwards of 44%. I support this tech over corner MB Nutpunches because it saves a bar, gives you the same mixups, and forces your opponent to make more decisions with no risk from your end. If they guess wrong, they get launched. If they armor, their armor gets broken, and they get launched. If they have a forward advancing fast wakeup like Buzzsaw Lao's Spin, you are completely safe after jumping in or walking in and blocking. This tech combined with Getaway Flip option selects makes Cassie really powerful because it minimizes her risk significantly.

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.

Now as most of you know, I've been endorsing Gross' Cassie tech for over a month or so, but a lot of people don't understand why it works the way it does, or how it works. Tom Brady has taken the time to break it down bit by bit to help those people and show you why it's so awesome. For the sake of explanation, Tom just used a 37% combo, but Gross gets upwards of 44%. I support this tech over corner MB Nutpunches because it saves a bar, gives you the same mixups, and forces your opponent to make more decisions with no risk from your end. If they guess wrong, they get launched. If they armor, their armor gets broken, and they get launched. If they have a wakeup like Lao's Spin, you are completely safe after jumping in and blocking. This tech combined with Getaway Flip option selects makes Cassie really powerful.
Inputs?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Well im sure its not saving a bar. He used Ex Cartwheel. But it does get the opponent to waste a bar. Whichbis always nice

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
B12, Flipkick, F24, Flipkick, RC, 21u4, 21u4, 123, Flipkick
Well im sure its not saving a bar. He used Ex Cartwheel. But it does get the opponent to waste a bar. Whichbis always nice
As he stated, you don't always have to use the bar, because you can just bait the wakeup and block. With EX Nutpunch, you're definitely using the bar.

Edit: Whoops, I'm blind. I didn't even notice Tom made a thread for this already. I just merged mine into his.

Last edited:

The Magician

According to my sources...
It's good tech and props to @gross but once the opponent actually knows what you're doing with the safe jumps, you're in a bad position for a setup. Where as a MB nut-punch gives you the best position. Most of the time you're going to have to spend a bar with the safe jumps if the opponent knows, which most likely he will, or it will get reset back to neutral with both people waiting for someone to press a button.

I've been using this tech though when I have no meter in the corner, as just regular nutpunch is atrocious in the corner.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
It's good tech and props to @gross but once the opponent actually knows what you're doing with the safe jumps, you're in a bad position for a setup. Where as a MB nut-punch gives you the best position. Most of the time you're going to have to spend a bar with the safe jumps if the opponent knows, which most likely he will, or it will get reset back to neutral with both people waiting for someone to press a button.

I've been using this tech though when I have no meter in the corner, as just regular nutpunch is atrocious in the corner.
I don't think you're in a bad position since you're always safe. Also, he uses this constantly on people he plays every week and it still works. It worked on Deg at CEO. That was the first time he beat him btw.

The Magician

According to my sources...
I don't think you're in a bad position since you're always safe. Also, he uses this constantly on people he plays every week and it still works. It worked on Deg at CEO. That was the first time he beat him btw.
Yeah which is why I plan to mix it up between ex nutpunch combos, and triple flip safe jump combos. Best case scenario is that my opponent get so confused at what combo I'm going to do they just disconnect their controller and RQ:DOGE

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
So, i optimized the damage on those setups a little bit.

starter~db2, RUN~121, 21u4, 4~db2, RUN~21u4, 123~db2 (42-44%)

and after EX flip kick it'll do 44-46%.

Just a reminder that NRS totally ruined character that once was fun, fair and balanced.

and fair.
I get %43 off this (overhead) f3db2, RUN-21u4,21u4,123db2, RUN 123db2

gross

Noob
Guys now I gonna explain why this is the best set up.

Nutpunch se up:when you go for this set up you only have 3 options.
Low
Overhead
B2,1,2, D12 what does 5% in cheap damage if the block it and is safe.

Safe jump set up:i found that when you use this set up you got more options and the other player has to guess a lot more because after the safe jump they have to guess I will go:
Low
Overhead
Trow
If I gonna block
The OS with the power flip.
Btw I use the ex power flip because I know a lot of players in this community love to wake up with something but I don't really have to use a bar for this set up and @Hollywood DMS knows that cuz he watch every week doing that but what I really want you to understand is that once you know I can do that you have to start blocking and there is when the fun start.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
so wait, you can actually do a wake up attack after doing a delayed wake up? o.0'

also, this is gonna be tricky to get used to fighting against x-x

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
@gross @Hollywood DMS

I'm only just seeing this now but it's REALLY good. I'm gunna mess with it and see if there's options for Spec Ops to use with this (I have some ideas).

And can we talk about for a minute how we could use no variation Cassie and she'd still be top? God damn

@gross @Hollywood DMS

I'm only just seeing this now but it's REALLY good. I'm gunna mess with it and see if there's options for Spec Ops to use with this (I have some ideas).

And can we talk about for a minute how we could use no variation Cassie and she'd still be top? God damn
I'm sorry, what is wrong with you? Are you trying to get her nerfed? Didn't we suffer enough already?