What's new

Dr. Fate Pressure, setups, and concepts.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Here's a sequence I came up with up. You can make F2 extremely safe by canceling into trait, and doing push. If you have one ankh, you can launch it out after reacting to the block to make it perfectly safe since the ankh will cover the space in the front. Here is what happens if it ends up hitting:

And here's what happens if someone thinks it is smart to take the orb so you "can't" grab them:

Once the giant beam hits them either on block or hit, you get a free orb out and able to continue the zoning.

Pressure:
Next up, a little concept I found that could lead to possible pressure. You see, Dr. Fate is able to launch his ankhs at all times, and that includes during the activation of his trait. Launching a yellow ankh while activating trait when timed properly turns it into a red ankh which is very plus on block.

From here, you can sneak another ankh in if your opponent respects the plus frames or jail them into whatever string of your choosing.

And here it is midscreen:

Obviously this is just a concept, so I encourage all Fate players to explore this. I actually found some jailing pressure of my own:

This is everything I have found within the first few days. Threatening the opponent with your launching throw when you have an ankh definitely seems like the way to go.

@Pig Of The Hut
@PLAYING TO WIN
@DownfouralitY
@1man3letters
@Boss Savage
@All other lords of Order and Chaos.

Last edited:

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Dang, Fate looks sick. Is there a Dr. Fate discord floating around? I'm still trying to get into my groove with a character so I'm learning what I can about all of them.

Here's a sequence I came up with up. You can make F2 extremely safe by canceling into trait, and doing push. If you have one ankh, you can launch it out after reacting to the block to make it perfectly safe since the ankh will cover the space in the front. Here is what happens if it ends up hitting:

And here's what happens if someone thinks it is smart to take the orb so you "can't" grab them:

Once the giant beam hits them either on block or hit, you get a free orb out and able to continue the zoning.

Pressure:
Next up, a little concept I found that could lead to possible pressure. You see, Dr. Fate is able to launch his ankhs at all times, and that includes during the activation of his trait. Launching a yellow ankh while activating trait when timed properly turns it into a red ankh which is very plus on block.

From here, you can sneak another ankh in if your opponent respects the plus frames or jail them into whatever string of your choosing.

And here it is midscreen:

Obviously this is just a concept, so I encourage all Fate players to explore this. I actually found some jailing pressure of my own:

This is everything I have found within the first few days. Threatening the opponent with your launching throw when you have an ankh definitely seems like the way to go.

@Pig Of The Hut
@PLAYING TO WIN
@DownfouralitY
@1man3letters
@Boss Savage
@All other lords of Order and Chaos.
Some of the best stuff I have seen yet for i2. Good job! I'll look more In depth later

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Lovely stuff! I like the fact that F2, Trait, mbDB4 all links. Will be some hella good set ups with him in the future.

Loved the Ank usage aswell man very nice! Keep em comin!

babalook

Noob
I've been playing around with this stuff too and f2 4 db2 has a large gap on block that can't be cover by an ankh because if you release it early enough to cover the gap it will remain yellow. Also there maybe be a semi mixup where, while in trait, you do a string canceled into db3 and release an ankh before you input db3 to make the summon safe or during db3 which has a gap but leaves you at huge advantage. Problem is, releasing an ankh before db3 in a string requires extremely fast inputs and often registers df3 as a held 3 since you have to immediately press 3 again for db3. I think the closest thing to a safe trait cancel I've found on block is 211 4 db2.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Im not using that rushdown anti zoning zealot character :DOGE

I'm sticking with Fate at least till Sub comes, quote me on this and roast me if I don't lol
Lmao I wish he was an anti-zoning zealot bro, I been getting raped by Ivy and Deadshot there's not a lot Flash can do.
But I'm on that Fate train to counter, you still using Green Arrow?

babalook

Noob
When in trait MB roll df3 is a pretty decent way to get in if you're getting outzoned, which is likely because I think all of the other zoners beat dr fate.

babalook

Noob
This is something I just came up with. Do you think it could work against real people?:
ya maybe the part after the db2, but I don't suggest using f24 on block, it's full combo punishable even if you cancel the trait activation into db2. He seems to have some cool stuff with the ankhs in trait, but from what I've tested, most of it is pretty gimmicky.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
yea this some cool stuff, as mentioned though f2~trait~db2 on block fullcombo interrupt, id update the op with that bit of info because your wording sounds like its a safe thing to do
It is if you have ankhs out. At the most they might trade with the ankhs.