What's new

Dr. Fate Drain Spell Combos and Setups.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Found this out while watching one of @Pig Of The Hut streams. LOOK A THAT DAMAGE.

UPDATE: Added video showing combos midscreen and in corner for the setup.

1. They can't tech roll.

2. You have plenty of room to walk back and anti air

3. You are safe from all wakeups

4. Competitive mode is on.

5. You don't need to spend bar on this, and you can go for a full combo as well.

ORIGINAL VIDEO

COMBOS AND SETUPS

@PLAYING TO WIN
@1man3letters
@DownfouralitY
@Skeezer12
@RexxyC
@PND_Ketchup
@Dankster Morgan
@DC4-3
@babalook
@Bruno-NeoSpace
@TheRealOnlyGoonie
@Kooron Nation

Last edited:

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Found this out while watching one of @Pig Of The Hut streams. LOOK A THAT DAMAGE. This is one combo/setup of many but I just had to get it out there. I'll post more on it tomorrow, but as far as I am aware, you can only do this with all 3 ankhs.

1. They can't tech roll.

5. You don't need to spend bar on this, and you can go for a full combo as well.

@PLAYING TO WIN
@1man3letters
@DownfouralitY
@Skeezer12
@RexxyC
@PND_Ketchup
@Dankster Morgan
@DC4-3
@babalook
@Bruno-NeoSpace
@TheRealOnlyGoonie
@Kooron Nation
Although this is cool but could u just do a regular combo and get more damage plus u could jump back or walk back to avoid the anti air.

DarksydeDash

good stuff again. im curious how you are doing with the character vs the supposed top tier
As Pig will tell you, characters with air projectiles or mobility like Superman will murder Fate. Aquaman feels even as long as you don't enter his b12 range and eat chip from trident rush. Black Adam is bad. Real bad. Black magic punish on reaction to orbs, divekick makes it difficult for ankhs to track and one touch makes it so we have to play rushdown Fate. Atroscitus is fine so long as you can pushblock on him when he has Dexx-Starr out and you check him with a fireball after he does a Bloodnado.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Found this out while watching one of @Pig Of The Hut streams. LOOK A THAT DAMAGE. This is one combo/setup of many but I just had to get it out there. I'll post more on it tomorrow, but as far as I am aware, you can only do this with all 3 ankhs.

1. They can't tech roll.

@PLAYING TO WIN
@1man3letters
@DownfouralitY
@Skeezer12
@RexxyC
@PND_Ketchup
@Dankster Morgan
@DC4-3
@babalook
@Bruno-NeoSpace
@TheRealOnlyGoonie
@Kooron Nation
That's sooooooo good

Love it

OmGxBdON

good stuff again. im curious how you are doing with the character vs the supposed top tier
I think fate goes even with aqua if not beats him. Black adam is a hard 5-5 but i need to play more good black adam players ive only played a few need more expierence

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but this seems super situational. Is there a way to set this up off a F2 into Glyph?

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
As Pig will tell you, characters with air projectiles or mobility like Superman will murder Fate. Aquaman feels even as long as you don't enter his b12 range and eat chip from trident rush. Black Adam is bad. Real bad. Black magic punish on reaction to orbs, divekick makes it difficult for ankhs to track and one touch makes it so we have to play rushdown Fate. Atroscitus is fine so long as you can pushblock on him when he has Dexx-Starr out and you check him with a fireball after he does a Bloodnado.
So mb healing orb works extremely well if Superman wants to take to the air with up and away zoning. If you block any eye laser in the air an reversal mb healing orb, Superman can't hit you in time with another projectile. I've found healing orbs to be most useful in the Superman MU.

Pig Of The Hut

I think fate goes even with aqua if not beats him. Black adam is a hard 5-5 but i need to play more good black adam players ive only played a few need more expierence
What's your gamertag and can u do RHS this Sunday around 11pm est

Also do u have any videos of u playing? I hear good things

OmGxBdON

What's your gamertag and can u do RHS this Sunday around 11pm est

Also do u have any videos of u playing? I hear good things
My gamertag is OmGxBdON. I could try but Ima school boy and i needs my sleep. Possibly ill try to make it. And sadly i do not, Im not hollywood enough and i havent taken the time to record and post videos. And if i do go on RHS i would request not to go against superman or darkseid. Ill play anyone else though. Ill leave those MU's offstream cuz still working on them. Ill play anyone else but those two MU's are hard and i need more practice with them.

DarksydeDash

Does push block screw a lot of this up?
Depends, where they push block. If they are in front of the drain, then they get pushed into it. If they push block when the drain is in front of them, they get out but now have to enter it to get in on you. The good news is it does not go away on block and still drains their life if they push block inside of the spell.

Pig Of The Hut

Found this out while watching one of @Pig Of The Hut streams. LOOK A THAT DAMAGE.

UPDATE: Added video showing combos midscreen and in corner for the setup.

1. They can't tech roll.

ORIGINAL VIDEO

COMBOS AND SETUPS

@PLAYING TO WIN
@1man3letters
@DownfouralitY
@Skeezer12
@RexxyC
@PND_Ketchup
@Dankster Morgan
@DC4-3
@babalook
@Bruno-NeoSpace
@TheRealOnlyGoonie
@Kooron Nation
Hey where's the on block trained ankh stuff u have

OmGxBdON

Hey where's the on block trained ankh stuff u have
I remembered u were asking about this before. Someone brought this to my attention and i got this new tech thats basically what you were looking for. You need three ankhs and be in trait. This works on whiff and block. b1d3u3df3 after u do this all the ankhs will fall directly on the opponent and they cant walk back out of it they just have to block, during this time you summon an ankh and now you mix them with either grab or button. Preferably if you go button id do this combo, 112df1 df3 (hold) since your right next to the opponent u can do b3 (but normally u would f3), jump 3 f2db2

Pig Of The Hut

I remembered u were asking about this before. Someone brought this to my attention and i got this new tech thats basically what you were looking for. You need three ankhs and be in trait. This works on whiff and block. b1d3u3df3 after u do this all the ankhs will fall directly on the opponent and they cant walk back out of it they just have to block, during this time you summon an ankh and now you mix them with either grab or button. Preferably if you go button id do this combo, 112df1 df3 (hold) since your right next to the opponent u can do b3 (but normally u would f3), jump 3 f2db2
U the MVP :)

Works full screen too right ? Load ankhs trait up whiff string teleport on top release ankhs and go partying

Pig Of The Hut

Just tried it after B1d3u3 release ankhs only the first ankh hits and other two whiff

Pig Of The Hut

OOOOOOO WAIT A MIN. If u do it early all 3 ankhs fall ontop of opponent. Oh man this is good

So I guess u do it mid teleport