What's new

Double NJP combos?

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
How is this possible? I've seen it done with D'vorah and Cyrax. Can every character do this, because my understanding is that double NJP leads to a hard knockdown?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
A second NJP just makes the opponent fall really fast into a splat - it's not like they teleport from the juggle to the ground. If you do it deep enough you'll recover in time to hit them before they touch the ground.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Venomous is the only one that really "needs" them. Her optimal corner combos include double NJP.
I forget what the difference is between 1 and 2 NJP's is, but it's next to nothing and not worth the risk of dropping a corner combo on move 2. It's a prime case of optimal not equating to a good idea.

She has plenty of comparable damage options in the corner that don't require you use such high risk shenanigans or even lead off with a raw NJP in the corner. I doubt there are many people with the execution skills needed to even semi-reliably use a double NJP combo in match and anyone that could, shouldn't even be playing V. The only two things the variation has going for it is it's approachable simplicity and the fact that it is a super low execution variation. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not doing it.

That's probably unnecessary commentary, but I do have a near compulsive need show up anywhere there is a whisper of Venomous.

I did manage to do the double NJP.
Once.
In training.