What's new

Double cross up JIP defense???

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
If someone does a cross up JIP and it is blocked then they follow up with another cross up JIP can that be AA without armor?. How does this work online and offline. This is probably more of an online strategy cause it happens a lot online and do not see this much on tourny streams. Can the 2nd JIP be d+1 or uppercut depending on the frame on UC? I'm pretty sure you can standing JP their 2nd JIP, but that has to be a pure predictions not reaction. I'm looking for more options to stop being crossed up spammed lol.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
njp,d1~special,d3/d4(with some chars),backdash,walk.jump away, theres plenty of options outside armor.
but online? good luck lol mk online is jump in punch the game:crossover edition

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
I'd just dash forwards under him. I've only done that online once and it was a thing of beauty :)
It's not easy to read though.

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
this might be old/not discovered but if u stance flip on reaction to a crossup the jip will whiff 90% of the time

kanaida

I'll have to try that switch stance. I know definitely switch tagging with a different partner can avoid jump kicks, punches, jump punches, uppercuts, teleports, and other stuff. Just not fireballs

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

kanaida

Its no different... lol. Just keep tapping left or right quickly. To dash under. Anticipating it is harder, or d+3

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Its no different... lol. Just keep tapping left or right quickly. To dash under. Anticipating it is harder, or d+3

I see. So just mash dash and hold block till the opponent jumps again and release block. I have a good idea of what type of connections that will even be possible with. My kiss of death combo that has strict dash cancel is Sonya's max damage and usually a good indicator if the connection is good or not.

kanaida

Exactly. Just like scorpions spear after blocking. Hold block, tap tap tap......, let go. The queue is controller vibration to feel the first hit. My way of measuring lag is the select screen. I press Down down down. Remember what single player fights feel like, then measure/feel out if it took longer to start moving the cursor or not. Anything over like 25ms is pretty bad. The worst I've seen is about 2000ms... That's so bad you can't time jump punches and hit, it becomes nasty.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
I like testing the character screen too. Hopefully, injustice net code is light years in advanced compared to mk then we won't have to have this discussion :)

kanaida

I just think its little bastards trying to cheat most of the time. I've notice desyncs are mostly with higher ranked players, i suspect some foreign controllers and adapters too after buying one, and some are just plain obvious lag switches. Some are subtle packet floods to slow the game speed more gently. Some try dos attacks, Some are just on WiFi I bet (retards or kids). Its gotten much better after I went on a reporting frenzy one day after setting up some network monitoring by setting up a linux machine as my router to catch the actual cheaters. I logged and realtime graphed all traffic, took a while to set up. Now I mostly get disconnects or dsyncs (missing patches I think) so its not that bad. When the connection is fine it runs like 1p mode + very tiny unnoticable lag. I don't think its their net code, it only uses a few KB/s. Less than say opening a web page.