What's new

Tech Doomsday's anti-wake up game.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I ve been in the lab today and i was thinking about what options DD has to counter an opponents wake up attacks after a hard knock down. Below is a list of the wake-up attacks DD can win against with ES or other moves:

Batman : DD can stuff all of Batman's wake up attacks with, pretty much, everything. Slide is the only one that cannot be beaten, but it can be baited and punished with a full combo. Ofc super wins against all.For 100% success against all of his wake-ups its better to use ES, cause it cannot be parried. Also upward venom CANNOT be parried.

Solomon Grundy : All of his wake-up attacks can be beaten by DD. WC wake-up can also be beaten with 22xES and B13, but you have to wait a bit to do it. The first hit will be absorbed and the follow up attacks will win against WC.

( 3,3 works on Grundy's WC as well, the grab whiffs on the 2nd 3 and grundy takes the knockdown credit Phosferrax. )

Nightwing : ES wins against everything except escrima fury, flying grayson and flip kick.

Deathstroke : ES wins against everything except sword spin and sword flip.

Sinestro : Arachnid special move cannot be ES'ed ( although sometimes it traded with ES but its not consistent), but can be baited and punished after blocked. Everything else loses against ES.

Bane : ES wins against command grab, charge, and trades, sometimes, with double punch. Venom uppercut can be baited and punished with a full combo.

Black Adam : ES wins against all of his wake-ups except lighting cage. Lighting cage can be baited by back dashing followed by a body splash to a full combo punish.

Scorpion: After a D1 xx ES in corner you are able to dash forward. Dashing forward causes flip kick to reverse sides leading for full combo punish ( credit MastererBetty. )

I ll keep updating the post with more characters in the future. Feel free to contribute if you like. I hope this will help DD players to better exploit the untechable knock downs DD has and from there mix it up in order to bait unsafe wake ups and punish accordingly. Wake-ups that are unsafe on block seem to have full invincibility frames. Also to further confuse your opponent it is wise to end a combo with D3 and then do a cross-up body splash to reverse the wake-up attack commands.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Scorpion: After a D1 xx ES in corner you are able to dash forward. Dashing forward causes flip kick to reverse sides leading for full combo punish

Great thread. What combos are you doing that end with d3? I've been trying to do 2,3, mb es, d2, b3, j3, d3 for weeks, but still can't get it down consistently.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Great thread. What combos are you doing that end with d3? I've been trying to do 2,3, mb es, d2, b3, j3, d3 for weeks, but still can't get it down consistently.
Pretty much everything. Try and do a delayed j3 after b3 in order for DD to recover faster and then do d3. If that doesnt work you can always finish your combo with AS after j3.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
All this time, and doomsday's greatest tech is more earth shake ;_;
We work with what we have :). For real though slow wake ups can be stuffed with normals as well. For example all of Batman's wake ups ( except parry and slide ) can be stuffed with B1 or F2.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Some pretty earth shattering stuff(Yes pun intended) I explored a little further on what I found to make Scorpions flip kick reverse directions and applied it to other characters. It turns out Doomsday has new options when the opponent is in corner since this tech can be applied to ALL CHARACTERS

Yes Doomsday is capable of making all wake up attacks reverse directions while the opponent is in the corner

I've found that though this works against all characters, it is much harder to find the sweet spot against big body characters and that both you and the opponent must be deep in the corner for this to work which isn't hard for Doomsday to get them there

HOW IT WORKS:
When the opponent is in the corner perform any normal string that does not cause a knockdown and cancel into Earth Shake. After Earth Shake immediately Dash Forward and hold down position.

On wake-up the opponent's attack will flip sides leaving them open for full corner combo punish.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Don't forget that any of Grundy's MB'd moves have armor too. I personally know a grundy player who is a fan of MB Grab, but also mixes in MB Swamp Hands.

Also, no Barbara anti-wakeup guide? From what I hear, this is a must.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Finally something new to post other than ES Reverse Wake Up setups!

Found some cool stuff that works against KF Wakeup Slide when getting out of corner(still testing other characters) that involves MB Venom and B2 in the corner. No video yet but will post soon

KF: MB Shoulder near corner. Dash Forward. Properly time B2.

What this does is make Slide go back in the corner and you can recover from B2 fast enough to do full corner combo punish.

EDIT: Found that this also works with Batman slide as well, however KF and Batman can Parry the incoming B2 so I guess that's cool?

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
BUMP

I wanted to do some videos on some stuff I found tonight luckily I had all my recording equipment set up when I got home so it didn't take too long to get all these up. This is specific scenarios on how to stuff Arachnid Sting whether Sinestro rolls or not. Also includes safe jump setups after ES and other moves.

j.3 will be your go to move to stuff any other air normal will get cleanly beat by wakeups, and for safe jump setups it's important not to press any buttons if you do you will get hit

Enjoy