What's new

Doomsday Tips?

Yoaks

A spaceman
Um don't do a dam thing without your trait stay midscreen until you get your trait and so what shes's building meter she won't be able to use it effectively when you have your trait on.
What buff? Lex can only absorb one hit when he's traited!

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

Kickass squad aka razorblazemcg
She can still parry you while you while trait is still active. smh. I don't see how you think this isn't Doomsday's hardest mu!
and? so what she can still parry you don't do moves that she can parry.RAW ES CANNOT BE PARRIED.sweep or raw ES.

Yoaks

A spaceman
and? so what she can still parry you don't do moves that she can parry.RAW ES CANNOT BE PARRIED.sweep or raw ES.
smh. Thats great. Even with all that said. YOU STILL CAN'T GET HER TOO THE CORNER!! MB Venom get's parried!!! That is one of Doomsday's biggest tool's and she NEGATES IT!!!! This is why it's a 7-3 mu in her favor.

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

I've gotten KFs players in the corner all the time I destroyed KF players like 10 0 ,5 1s 10 1s and 10 3s, what KF you be fighting? If they that stupid to throw out parries 24/7 then throw the fk out of them after a block silde btw you get them in the corner easily cuz all you need is one MB shoulder they going to try to zone you so it would be easy for you to get them in the corner just shouder them while they jumpping,backdashing or throwing daggers.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
Only use the supernova if you know that your opponents has crappy reactions,when you clearly seeing your opponents trying to bait your shoulder pressure by constantly jumping or air dashing(SM,WW,MMH,and KF).but I recommend using super nova when you have trait on so that you wont get punish hard if your opponents manage to dodge your super nova.
MB Supernova is also good for punishing interactable attempts and aerial projectiles. It's a freakin' godsend against aerial lasers and Green Lantern's rockets.

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

Step1- enter nwm
step 2- select dd
step 3- d1 es
step 4 - if playing batman hit "4" then d1 es
step 5 - if you think they might jump out of the corner do 5 d2's in a row
step 6- collect trophy and winnings
Thats a excellent strategy against HG in the corner cuz DDs D2 can stuff her mace charge on her wake up.You think u trolling when its a useful strategy in specific MUs LMAO

E

Eldriken

I don't even know where to start on this.

Doomsday doesn't get in on Lex for free if he's got space. Mine, probe and his little staff shot thing = 3 hits. If I MB Venom, the mine takes one tick of armor, the probe takes the second and Lex's ranged shot stops me dead in my tracks. Lex sets up a mine, probe and starts doing his satellite beam/missiles = stops me in my tracks.

Also, Lex can block the first hit of MB Venom, eat the second that gets rid of his trait and gets a FREE PUNISH. The armor is only active while the second hit of MB Venom is active, not after.

That's the problem with the Doomsday vs Lex MU. Doomsday has nothing to try and get rid of Lex's trait so he can MB Venom in and start his shenanigans. If you MB Venom and he blocks both attacks, he's likely going to read the d1 attempt, not block it, let his armor eat it and then full combo punish you.

Generally, your best bet is to catch him dashing backwards and hitting him with both hits from MB Venom to knock him down. That's when the MU gets a bit easier. Your only other possible option while he is traited is to blow your trait and MB Supernova so you can get rid of the armor and not get punished.

If you get in his face and stay there, then the MU is a lot easier. But any Lex worth their salt won't let that be the case the entire MU. All they need is one BNB that leads to activating their trait and you get to start the stupid cycle all over again.

This is in no way a losing MU for Lex. It's even. Plain and simple.

Play a good Lex player and you will see what I mean.

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

Doomsday doesn't get in on Lex for free if he's got space. Mine, probe and his little staff shot thing = 3 hits. If I MB Venom, the mine takes one tick of armor, the probe takes the second and Lex's ranged shot stops me dead in my tracks. Lex sets up a mine, probe and starts doing his satellite beam/missiles = stops me in my tracks.

Also, Lex can block the first hit of MB Venom, eat the second that gets rid of his trait and gets a FREE PUNISH. The armor is only active while the second hit of MB Venom is active, not after.

That's the problem with the Doomsday vs Lex MU. Doomsday has nothing to try and get rid of Lex's trait so he can MB Venom in and start his shenanigans. If you MB Venom and he blocks both attacks, he's likely going to read the d1 attempt, not block it, let his armor eat it and then full combo punish you.

Generally, your best bet is to catch him dashing backwards and hitting him with both hits from MB Venom to knock him down. That's when the MU gets a bit easier. Your only other possible option while he is traited is to blow your trait and MB Supernova so you can get rid of the armor and not get punished.

If you get in his face and stay there, then the MU is a lot easier. But any Lex worth their salt won't let that be the case the entire MU. All they need is one BNB that leads to activating their trait and you get to start the stupid cycle all over again.

Anit that the same exact thing I said? ^

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
step 4 - if playing batman hit "4" then d1 es
step 5 - if you think they might jump out of the corner do 5 d2's in a row
He can still parry you while you're in trait. If you time your d1 properly on his wake up, you'll hit him out of his animation, and he won't be able to jump out of the corner. Raw ES will also send him back to the ground but you'll get a weird knockdown that you can't really oki off of.

It's a weird match up but if you play it properly it's most likely 6-4 in DDs favor. If you stay on him when he doesn't have trait there is absolutely nothing Lex can do. You have to be patient and not get hit by random shit while staying on his ass and forcing him to block.

Source: I play rev0lver all the time and I don't actually downplay this character, people just think I do because I'm realistic.

Also Doomsday loses 6-4 to both Batman and Aquaman. I was almost leaning toward Superman being even recently, but divepunches keep that match up a 6-4. I know @Yoaksssss was the one saying they were 5-5 but I don't know where else to put this so yeah.

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
I was giving @Yoaksssss my explanation as well. I didn't read through the conversation between you two entirely. I just jumped straight to giving him mine. If it coincides with yours, then that's even better 'cause it means it's true. :p
@rev0lver even has this in Doomsday's favor. Again if your letting Lex set his shit up your gonna lose.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
He can still parry you while you're in trait. If you time your d1 properly on his wake up, you'll hit him out of his animation, and he won't be able to jump out of the corner. Raw ES will also send him back to the ground but you'll get a weird knockdown that you can't really oki off of.

It's a weird match up but if you play it properly it's most likely 6-4 in DDs favor. If you stay on him when he doesn't have trait there is absolutely nothing Lex can do. You have to be patient and not get hit by random shit while staying on his ass and forcing him to block.

Source: I play rev0lver all the time and I don't actually downplay this character, people just think I do because I'm realistic.

Also Doomsday loses 6-4 to both Batman and Aquaman. I was almost leaning toward Superman being even recently, but divepunches keep that match up a 6-4.
For sure man. I was just trolling. Raw es can be a super devious anti air. When i did that in tournament it was just me wiggin out from nerves

E

Eldriken

Also Doomsday loses 6-4 to both Batman and Aquaman. I was almost leaning toward Superman being even recently, but divepunches keep that match up a 6-4. I know @Yoaksssss was the one saying they were 5-5 but I don't know where else to put this so yeah.
Perhaps I need more experience with it. I'll admit that I haven't got tons and tons of experience against him. I probably need to approach the MU differently.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Perhaps I need more experience with it. I'll admit that I haven't got tons and tons of experience against him. I probably need to approach the MU differently.
Honestly when I first started playing it I thought rev0lver was nuts for saying it was in DDs favor. When he gets trait you can't really do anything unless you have yours. That's the one difficult thing about this match up. My advice would be to take damage everywhere you can get it over mix ups. And try to stay on him as much as possible.

E

Eldriken

Honestly when I first started playing it I thought rev0lver was nuts for saying it was in DDs favor. When he gets trait you can't really do anything unless you have yours. That's the one difficult thing about this match up. My advice would be to take damage everywhere you can get it over mix ups. And try to stay on him as much as possible.
Guess I'll have to utilize my trait a whole hell of a lot more than I do in the MU. Thanks for the tips.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

The best thing to deal with Lex's trait is your own trait, honestly. DD using trait the way Lex should use his trait is the key to it. That and stuffing setups, mb venom gets rid of like half of Lex's normal setup game. I've run this mu a ton, he doesn't need like fast multi-hitting things when he has armor and moves that cover a lot of space.