What's new

Question Doomsday Patch

Raegn21

Noob
whats with all of the rumors about him being patched? from what ive seen hes perfectly fine but his character trait is bit OP

then again, its all he has since he isnt all that mobile and needs a way to get in close. especially since he only has a 5 second window to get in before his cooldown takes hold for 15 seconds.

so can anyone explain the reasoning for this when someone like Black Adam isnt going to be patched?

Raegn21

Noob
nooooo idea how this got posted here lol. thats my bad guys, any idea on how to transfer it?

and what bug? the one where the last hit does full damage even on block? because if thats all thats getting patched then there isnt much of a problem but people are making it sound like he is to be hugely nerfed or something

Komatose

The Prettiest
nooooo idea how this got posted here lol. thats my bad guys, any idea on how to transfer it?

and what bug? the one where the last hit does full damage even on block? because if thats all thats getting patched then there isnt much of a problem but people are making it sound like he is to be hugely nerfed or something
Yes. That's what is seems like but I don't know what people are talking about. I'm just concerned about that ridiculous chip.

And a mod, perhaps CrimsonShadow will move this to the appropriate forum.

Raegn21

Noob
well, i just reposted this in the proper forum so if they do see this hopefully they just delete it. unless i can do so which would be so much easier

Raegn21

Noob
so long as its fixed i suppose. i do wonder how this happened though because i was literally reading other doomsday posts not even 5 seconds before posting this but somehow it ended up here

oh well, the internet cant always be perfect

edit: thanks a lot crimson

Komatose

The Prettiest
so long as its fixed i suppose. i do wonder how this happened though because i was literally reading other doomsday posts not even 5 seconds before posting this but somehow it ended up here

oh well, the internet cant always be perfect
The internet hates us, man.

Raegn21

Noob
indeed. stupid internet dumpin its wonkyness everywhere

we give it the joy of memes and youtube and it returns the favor in lag, crashes, viruses, etc. basically anything it can to spite us just cuz it can

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
His trait has already been patched. Pretty sure it doesn't last as long as it did in the demo.

Raegn21

Noob
His trait has already been patched. Pretty sure it doesn't last as long as it did in the demo.
what was it in the demo? i looked at it (as mentioned above in the first post) and it only lasts about 5 seconds and has a cooldown of 15 before being able to activate again

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
I think I remember hearing that the AI doomsdays trait lasts much longer than the character playable doomsday, at least in the demo.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I abuse the hell out of this till it gets patched out
1,1,2 is so cheap online.

I just mash that shit out sometimes, they eat the chip if they stand, or they eat the overhead if they crouch, and if you eat the overhead they get knocked down and I can set some shit up, especially in the corner.

bc_atlas

Noob
I'm ignoring 112 because it's not really teaching me anything about the game. I'd rather focus my time on something not so abusable/broken that won't be patched out.

His trait is really damn good, but it's the only non-meter option he has from long range against zoners. It also lasts just long enough to get in on good zoners, which is probably deliberate.

Nerf his trait and watch him drop a tier.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
I'm not using 112 in casuals since I assume it's getting patched. Also I'm not 100& sure but I think it can also kill on chip, like a special, have to definitively test it though. I still think df2 should be overhead~mid and not overhead~low, maybe someone will disagree. At the highest level, players will block it as long as they react to the overhead, so really the only purpose it serves is to frustrate new players. As someone who loves abusing cheap stuff in games, personally I don't like it just because I feel like I'm robbed of the satisfaction of beating someone because with that move, sometimes the game does it for me (i.e. they mess up the block shift). Anyone else get that feeling?

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Honestly, his trait is ok at best. Lex Luthor's has the same trait and its much more effective. 112 will be fixed. Also,why would you take a 7% broken gimmick instead of using his great mix-up game where you can get 30%. Don't be a noob. DF2, Im on the fence about. I think Doomsday would be perfectly fine if the DF2 would be only low and a faster start up so it couldnt be interrupted on read, but slow enough to be blockable on read. Maybe as punishable as Kung Laos low hat once it was fixed. Doom does need a good earth shake to not break his character, but it could be adjusted without breaking him. Leave him alone other than that.