What's new

General/Other Doomsday patch notes.

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
his grab has 3 hits of armor, so when it comes to trade i guess it would be even.... the first hit of the shoulder taken by grundys first hit of armor, then second armored shoulder taken by grundy and this is where i believe i am mistaken.... doomsday might get the grab???... it depends on the time of the durability of the second armor and the recovery.....i guess you have to time well te MB of the venom so the trade will be even.
From Grundy's POV, if you're doing Venom into the armor of the Walking Corpse, I'm going to cancel it every time. The risk-reward for that is heavily in Grundy's favor. If I cancel it and you MB Venom then you used a bar to deal 10% and get a knockdown or I block in time and you get 2% chip and frame advantage. If I cancel it and you didn't MB, then for 1 bar I can get 50% and Trait, maybe more depending on how beefy the Grave Rot damage buff was.

This buff is appreciated, especially considering all Doomsday got from patches was a shit load of nerfs. There are still some things that should be improved, I hope they will in the final patch.

I am not sure, but this really feels like the final patch of Injustice. That's how MK went.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Best patch ever. Superman and Batman are probably going to be 6-4s, BA will probably be 5-5, Batgirl and GL will still be annoying, but other than that I'm not really worried about any other characters besides maybe Harley. Doomsday can definitely do fine on his own.

This patch will make the game more fun to play which is the utmost important part. I feel when it is all said and done Doomsday will fall somewhere into the 6-12 range in this game. Doomsday should be totally tournament viable, but maybe once we figure out all our bad MUs we can figure out the best alt to have with Doomsday.
Aquaman is probably the best alt if you're going to have one.

SonicBoomBrad

From Grundy's POV, if you're doing Venom into the armor of the Walking Corpse, I'm going to cancel it every time. The risk-reward for that is heavily in Grundy's favor. If I cancel it and you MB Venom then you used a bar to deal 10% and get a knockdown or I block in time and you get 2% chip and frame advantage. If I cancel it and you didn't MB, then for 1 bar I can get 50% and Trait, maybe more depending on how beefy the Grave Rot damage buff was.
This is true to an extent. I can do venom into 33 every time and you have no way to stop it other than canceling your WC, and I still get all the damage from my 33 in. If you try to punish 33, I can just do 3 Mb venom into 33 again for as long as I have meter. This match up is definitely 5-5 though, Tyrant and I always instantly find counters to each other's stuff. Lots of 33 in this match up is really good. If you can learn to time ES to beat WC it will help you out a lot as well. It's probably the most fair match up in the game.

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
great news for the ultimate !

about Batman, the zone is going to be really hard for him... throwing those batarang waiting for doomie to jump and eat those mb up batarang for full combo is going to be a lot difficult now. if we have meter we can just go throug.

cheers !
Only if Batman doesn't have meter or trait available. Batarang is already a 2-hit projectile, so MB'ing it or using it in conjunction with a bat will still knock us back.

It'll still be easier getting in, though.;)

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Another thing that it will also effect for the Batman matchup is for his MB Batarang as well. I also can't wait to test Supes F2 and Batman's B23 on block/whiff

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
His buff basically means Doomsday can ignore zoning all together. His MB Venom covers ground pretty fast. Zoning and keepaway characters like Deathstroke and Sinestro will now have to respect Doomsday when he has meter at all times.
I actually don't think it will affect Sinestro that much. As the MU is now, I rarely hit him out of MB venom because it travels across the screen so quickly. Usually when I catch the DD player, it is as they are about to input the shoulder. I'll have to see it in action but I suspect that this buff will mostly affect the Batman and DS MUs.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I actually don't think it will affect Sinestro that much. As the MU is now, I rarely hit him out of MB venom because it travels across the screen so quickly. Usually when I catch the DD player, it is as they are about to input the shoulder. I'll have to see it in action but I suspect that this buff will mostly affect the Batman and DS MUs.
With Sinestro's trait it was pretty easy to get 2 hits at once. But yeah, it will be a lot easier to get in on those 2.

E

Eldriken

While I'm really happy with the buff he got, I'm still kinda disappointed that they didn't touch certain strings missing after a j d+3, ES's second hit whiffing on Superman's float stance, getting parried out of trait, slightly reducing his trait's cooldown (let's not compare its cooldown to certain traits that have ridiculously low cooldown times and are stupid good), and uhhh, that's about it.

Maybe that's asking for too much? I mean, two of them are what I'd consider something needing to be fixed and not actual buffs.

Yeah, his trait is pretty god damn awesome, but certain characters can render it completely useless or remove it entirely before its duration finishes. It lasts 6 seconds and has a 15 second cooldown. Does that seem okay to any of the other Doomsday mainers here? Would it going back to vanilla cooldown time be too much?

Aside from the above, is there anything specific that any of you would personally have liked to see get changed in this patch?

SonicBoomBrad

The problem with matches like Sinestro is that you have about 6 frames of start up where you can't MB shoulder. So you have to be really patient about how you use it. With the Sinestro buffs I'd probably say that match up is still 5-5.

Also Doomsday is fine as he is. These buffs were perfect, and he didn't need anything else.

EDIT:
ES's second hit whiffing on Superman's float stance
I actually agree that this is stupid as hell and I wish that would've been addressed. Other than that he really is fine as he is.

E

Eldriken

Yeah, multi-hit attacks whittle his trait down pretty quick.:/
I didn't know that it could outright be broken before its duration was up outside of it being parried or broken by a super or Superman's trait. It having a hit limit really catches me by surprise, especially since it only lasts six damn seconds. :|

cyke_out

Noob
I'm really excited for these buffs

Directional Hard Attacks
· Applying a Meter Burn to Directional Hard (Back + Hard or Forward + Hard) Attacks now inflicts 50% more damage.
· You now take 50% less damage when hit during the armored portion of a Meter Burned directional Hard Attack.
DD has a good B3, This is going to make me want to use it even more with armor. I wonder if the meter burn counts on b3 cancels during combos? Two bars for more damage. Or even use it during splash, MB ES combo's. another 2 bars, but if we're getting around 38% now, with the 50% it may push it into the high 40's.