What's new

Tech Doomsday Mid-Screen Anti-Wake up

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
This is very similar to the other anti wake up set up I have in the corner, but with slightly different set ups to allow it to work mid screen. Unfortunately I don't have a video for this yet, but I'll update this post as soon as there is one.

After a hard knockdown mid-screen, you have two options for crossing your opponent up. Doomsday's hit box allows him to either go through the opponent by immediately dashing, waiting a second, and doing a NJ splash, or stay in front and cause their wake up to go the opposite direction by immediately dashing and then doing a NJ splash. Both of these work 100% of the time off of either a sweep, or MB AA grab. I have gotten it to work off a normal AA grab, but the timing is a bit more difficult. You're going to have to get the timing down for each of these. And whether you go through the opponent or not is character specific. So this one is going to take some time in the lab.

I'll try to update this with a list on what set ups to use on specific wake ups with certain characters in the near future. For now you're just going to have to test it in the lab. I hope this helps you guys out, as this is one of Doomsday's biggest flaws in his oki game.

-Wake ups where you want to stay same side:
WW (Lasso Spin)
Joker (Acid Flower)
Superman (All 12 of his wake ups)
Batman (Parry, slide) *slide will go past you, you can remedy this by jumping forward
KF (Parry, slide) *same as Batman's
Hawk Girl (Mace Charge) *same as Batman's
Cyborg (Uppercut) *Same as Batman's
Catwoman (Cat Scratch, Trait) *Same as Batman's
Harley (Tantrum Stance) *Same as Batman's
Lex (Charge) *Same as Batman's
Grundy (Trait, WC)
Scorpion (Flip kick, Teleport)
Bat Girl (Flip Kick, Smoke Bomb) *Hit's her out of smoke bomb, actually hilarious
Flash (Speed Charge, Uppercut) *Difficult to hit him out of either.
Aquaman (Trident Rush)
Raven (Singularity, Event Horizon)
Zod (Parry, Palm)
Lobo (Czar Toss)
Bane (All wake ups)

-Wake ups where you want to go through your opponent:
GL (Lanterns Might)
GA (Savage Blast) *same as Batman's
Sinestro (Arachnid)
Black Adam (Lightning Cage) *This one is sort of odd as it doesn't hit, but allows whiff punish
Ares (God Smack, Teleport) *Block MB god smack low after landing

-Characters this doesn't work on to my knowledge:
Deathstroke (Sword spin, Sword flip)
Shazam (Teleport) *Works sometimes, but it depends on his teleport.

I would assume that this would actually work on Black Adam because he would have to guess on whether or not to do a reverse input on his wakeup? If you go through him a few times he'll learn to flip the input, then you stop going through him and he doesn't get the wake up. Is this accurate?

edit: now that i think about it, this probably doesn't matter in that MU anyways. The mixup should be whether or not you do a delayed splash to beat his wakeup cage generally.

SonicBoomBrad

I would assume that this would actually work on Black Adam because he would have to guess on whether or not to do a reverse input on his wakeup? If you go through him a few times he'll learn to flip the input, then you stop going through him and he doesn't get the wake up. Is this accurate?
The is actually correct. The way it works against human opponents is different than how it works in training mode. That's what makes this so difficult to test. I think I can make it work on lightning cage even if it comes out. But I've yet to test it.

EDIT: Just tested it and updated the main post. Thank you for reminding me about this.

SonicBoomBrad

This would be easy to download.
Can't you backdash this setup?
If they try to backdash they get hit by the splash. It's after an untechable knockdown. The point is for them to download it and be afraid so they have to block your mix up.

SonicBoomBrad

#YoloSillySlide
I actually tested that one because I didn't know what the hell her usual wake up was called, I still hit you out of it with the jump forward to counter tantrum. I swear people will do anything in this game not to block.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Not Tantrum. the wake up slide foo.
why take pressure. when you know what they're going for? You just wanna abuse some one with D.D. >.>
Douche.