What's new

General/Other Doomsday for #1 Online

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Anyone have any advice for dealing with Doomsday in the hellish wasteland of input delay this game calls online?

I have practiced against him plenty in training mode, but honestly it's like he is specifically designed to take advantage of the massive input delay and terrible netcode that NRS put in this game.

I know I can meterburn b3 or F3 on drop and I can block ground pound 100% offline, also I can interrupt 111+3 and dash out of 112 but geez online you can't even punish meterless Venom.

I just lost to a guy who did nothing but d1 to drop and then he sent me hatemail asking if I meant to suck that badly since you'd have to try. . . and frankly it was a little discouraging. (Also in more vulgar and homophobic tones)

I don't think he needs nerfed and I know he's a fine character, but honestly between Meteor and Supernova it's like he is made for netplay abuse and I'm wondering if there's a solution or I should just chalk up every Doomsday online to a loss and laugh about it.

cyke_out

Noob
If you can't block Earth shaker as well as you can offline, the best case is to just eat the low, and block high. The high does 10%, the low does 2%, then depending on your character, you can use a wake-up move to get Doomsday off of you.

I'm glad you are blaming the netcode and not DD. It's true in many game, certain characters are gonna be harder to deal with online. I remember legitimate Tekken players having a no throw rule online due to how hard it was having to break throws online, and these were top players that could throw break in their sleep.

bc_atlas

Noob
Honestly I'm picking up a second to get a "better feel" for this game so I don't autowin every match with moderate lag. He feels a bit like online MvC3 Hulk.

I think it'll just take time before he becomes manageable. Most people I play don't really know how to block, what's an overhead or low, how to punish, etc.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Yeah, i feel you. Where i live the connection is not to fast and i get owned by that 1 sec input delay. I was playing against one of those Deathstroke bullet spammers with my doomsday and got owned between the constant pistol spamming and the enviromental hazards.I couldnt even do a single supernova since the input was slow i got shot trying to fly up... so no more online for me i guess ... : /

Dizz_88

Noob
the netcode on injustice is a lot better than the netcode for mortal kombat. well at least on xbl it is.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
the netcode on injustice is a lot better than the netcode for mortal kombat. well at least on xbl it is.
I AGREE. im not talking about the netcode perse, but my miserable internet connection that makes it all even slower. Deathstroke is a good character, but he will never zone my ass with Doomsday. The fact it happened means my internet blows....

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Its not the netcode, its peoples connections. I know this because me and my friends can literally play matches like its offline, but as soon as i go to play randoms its a different story.