What's new

Doom Guy instead of Ash for MK11 DLC?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
So the rumor has always been Ash for DLC.... reinforced by the chainsaw noise.. but then the Bethesda e3 show had some strange stuff... as in at the end of the multiplayer section there is a voice saying "final round - FIGHT" that sounds a lot like MK... Also Doom Guy has a chainsaw. (Fuck you Doom Slayer kids.. he is and always will be Doom Guy!)

Thoughts?

Jump to 1:02

I don't think it's impossible, but I think darth_infamous has it right. They want to frame this new MP mode as a duel. Who can say for sure until we get a real announcement? Feels like with Bruce's latest tweet Ash is almost inevitable, unless he really likes trolling his fans (well, that's also true...).

stokedAF

casual kahnage
The announcer was awfully suspicious lol. As soon as he said I perked.

I would rather ash. He is a classic and evil dead 2 is one of my favorite nostalgic movies. I generally gravitate towards the evil characters which is weird because I’m a pretty chill dude. I think that’s why I like evil sindel more.

Ash was one of the few good guys I was hyped about. Nightwolf too. I like doom guy too but it’s not nearly as much personality. I’m getting that doom helmet edition foreshore tho lol.

Jynks

agreed. I would rather Ash as well, but Doom Guy would be awesome as well. Also be cheapish as it would be like Jason and not need any kind of voice over.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I think it’s just a nod to MK, even though it’s definitely suspicious, and the Kitana and Scorpion cosplayers at the beginning of the event didn’t help lol. I would much rather Ash than him, even though Doom Slayer is badass. Personally I want him in Smash more than MK so I could see a marine that brutally murders demons fight Pichu.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
What bothers me is the dialogue that was leaked. Was the Ash one faked? Because every other character that was leaked for the DLC was right.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
Yeah let's add a character that use guns 98% of his time in a melee game.
woot

Jynks

Maybe Ashrah? Ash is even in the name.
She is actually very high in my picks for a dream list.

The thing is that everyone has favs and the roster of MK is so large. There simply isn't room for eveyone and despite what a minority of die hards say.. most people love guests. I mean Spawn is probably more requested than anyone mentioned in the last 2 posts... plus MKx sales told us that the guest characters sold many MANY times more than the official ones, as even though we are all MK heads... the fact is most sales are casuals and it is not stupid for NRS to throw those dudes some bones as well.

Complaining about character slots basically boils down to "It isn't my way so I am pissed and obviously everyone on earth is on my side of this".. it is some crazy selfish and arrogant thinking.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
She is actually very high in my picks for a dream list.

The thing is that everyone has favs and the roster of MK is so large. There simply isn't room for eveyone and despite what a minority of die hards say.. most people love guests. I mean Spawn is probably more requested than anyone mentioned in the last 2 posts... plus MKx sales told us that the guest characters sold many MANY times more than the official ones, as even though we are all MK heads... the fact is most sales are casuals and it is not stupid for NRS to throw those dudes some bones as well.

Complaining about character slots basically boils down to "It isn't my way so I am pissed and obviously everyone on earth is on my side of this".. it is some crazy selfish and arrogant thinking.
I know and we've all had this debate before... but here's the thing:

Fuckboi Brad down the street gonna play Ash williams for 3 days and then go back to fortnite. Now we're all stuck with some dumbass character that doesn't belong in MK.

Yeah there's no changing it and they make money and all that, but I'm still gonna post how about this character, that's ya know, an actual MK character instead when I see these threads just for the principle of it. lol

That said, if I had to actually choose... I'd pick Doom Guy. He's way cooler and can be taken more seriously than that weirdo Ash.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
It's still Ash. Fact.

Campbell can deny it all he wants as well, but he's obviously not going to go against their marketing schedule and just go 'FUCK IT, I'M IN THE GAME'.

The data mine has been spot on thus far, and the guests will have definitely been locked down at that point (considering they are more work than MK characters, lots of legal shit to sort out with them in advance).

I fucking wish it was Doom Guy though. But it ain't. Ash is boring as fuck.