What's new

Don't you just hate it when...

S

SuGaR

This is an idea I just had, basically, everyone posts things that happen to them that get them pissed off at the game or the person they're playing. So, I'll start this one off...Don't you just hate it when you do H. Smoke's 2 Hit pop-up, JK, Teleport, GC aaHP Spear and the kid drops before you can finish the combo?

S

SuGaR

Don't you just hate it when people think there's a difference between online and casual? ;)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Owee lol I can be here all day with this thread haha...

But yes, online casuals no less nobody should go nuts about lol...

Don't you just hate it when you get random, pointless hatemail from someone you just beat legitimately?

Yeah, I just don't listen or read hatemail anymore.

Don't you just hate it when you random select online, and they counter pick your random... then drop when they lose?

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I fucking hate the fact that I only seem to lag spike in the middle of a crucial juggle.

I hate accidental jumps. Xbox d-pad has a mind of its own and it costs me a lot of matches. If I only I played stick.

And this one is totally my fault but I'm a big Sonya player and I absolutely hate fucking up her 5-hitter because I always end up jump punching the air and leaving myself open. On the flip, however, I love when a player jumps into that punch because I look like I knew it was coming. Sah-weet.

don't you just hate it when somebody beats you once and leaves/boots you? I mean really? wtf?

its not just UMK3, same thing happens in Tekken and Street Fighter

OJuggernaut0 said:
Simple solution, don't play on the DS...
Sometimes I wish I could, but because my job requires me to be on the road 10 months a year, it's about all I have.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome. I thought they only acted like that on SRK.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
RollTide8569 said:
don't you just hate it when somebody beats you once and leaves/boots you? I mean really? wtf?

its not just UMK3, same thing happens in Tekken and Street Fighter
Yeah must be a fighting game retarded mentality kind of thing lol...

As for quitting, doesn't matter here DS, 360 same crap lol....

Don't you just hate it when someone counterpicks you with a top tier when you pick a low tier? lol

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
MKF30 said:
Yeah must be a fighting game retarded mentality kind of thing lol...

As for quitting, doesn't matter here DS, 360 same crap lol....

Don't you just hate it when someone counterpicks you with a top tier when you pick a low tier? lol
I had several people counter my Sektor with Kabal and they still couldn't cut it.

Ghostcove said:
Sometimes I wish I could, but because my job requires me to be on the road 10 months a year, it's about all I have.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome. I thought they only acted like that on SRK.
You said they only win soley because it's on the DS, if that's the case than don't play on the DS. That would be like me only playing someone that I know I have delay with, then saying they only won because of the delay. Solution? Don't play that person. Same concept.

OJuggernaut0 said:
You said they only win soley because it's on the DS, if that's the case than don't play on the DS. That would be like me only playing someone that I know I have delay with, then saying they only won because of the delay. Solution? Don't play that person. Same concept.
Wow, where do you live so that I can avoid that state when I'm on the road? Hopefully the rest of your state is more welcoming than you are, or are you just feeling safe behind a keyboard?

Ghostcove said:
Wow, where do you live so that I can avoid that state when I'm on the road? Hopefully the rest of your state is more welcoming than you are, or are you just feeling safe behind a keyboard?
What the hell are you talking about?

S

SuGaR

Don't you just hate it when people make second and third CMK user-names?

GOT 'EM!

Don't you hate it when people say your connection is bad, but their connection is worse. I'm not saying that my connection is always good because it isn't sometimes. I'm just saying that if I have 2 yellow bars and you have 1 red bar, don't blame it all on me. LOL

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I get accused of using lag to my advantage a lot by people that can't take a loss on XBL. I don't know how lag can be used to one's advantage. And most of the time I have a perfect connection with the people that make the accusations. I don't understand their mentality. When I play somebody who's clearly better than me, I stick around for a good 30 matches or at least until the dude gets bored and leaves.

i fucking hate it when tournament op's tell you theres a going to be a tournament for umk3, when all they do is drool over ssf4.

they can go die in a fire.
same situation as the atlanta revival, as what happened to me yesterday.

X820

Noob
FatalTragedy said:
I get accused of using lag to my advantage a lot by people that can't take a loss on XBL. I don't know how lag can be used to one's advantage. And most of the time I have a perfect connection with the people that make the accusations. I don't understand their mentality. When I play somebody who's clearly better than me, I stick around for a good 30 matches or at least until the dude gets bored and leaves.
Not to be an asshole or anything :)

But when we played p2p you were on wireless, and I complained lol :p

People who usually play flawless via p2p or to take it a step further offline, will be greatly disadvantaged by the slightest 'hickup' so to speak.
As opposed to the other player, who may experiance the same lag, is more comfortable with it :)

But, people who make such statements are usually whiners, for sure lol.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
If you're close to your router and it's password protected, you shouldn't have any hiccups or anything. I pull 8.4 MBPS as per my provider and Speedtest clocks me at 99% of that consistently.

Wireless doesn't necessarily mean online gameplay is a total failure, but if your router is being shared then it definitely is. (which I believe Fatal has several friends and roommates that do share it)

Not to be a dick, I just find it funny when people tell me "our connection" isn't good when they're the ones with open routers and running Youtube in the background. Why get mad at me when I still win, too? I think I deserve a round of applause when I win in that garbage when my connection is flawless the rest of the time.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Yes but my XBox is wired to the router so my connection is and should be kicking. I rarely have connectivity problems on XBL with the exception of overseas players. P2P matches being laggy I can totally understand because it's wifi. I try to play through it. And if I lose during a laggy match I don't whine to the other player who was undoubtedly experiencing the same delay. I get really annoyed by the influx of whiny messages in my inbox.