What's new

Don't use these wake-up on Hellboy!

trufenix

bye felicia
Since they didn't want a Joker situation where characters are hiding out under his arm, they moved his bounding box out past the hitbox. They probably only every tested it on moves with huge forward moving hit boxes, never on wakeup, cause all those moves suck hitbox wise to keep from turning it into street fighter.

Should've never put out that Atom trailer. Nothings been right since.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Hellboy has secret stand there and point s fun tech. Lol.

How does this work ending strings? Does it get around normals or anything? Just curious if this has any other applications.

trufenix

bye felicia

How does this work ending strings? Does it get around normals or anything? Just curious if this has any other applications.
I presume it could have some applications for physically creating space where there isn't none, but I believe gunshot is both high and hella punishable, so you would still be setting yourself up for a punish.

This could really only be effective in a scenario where you know the opponents hitbox isn't bigger than that huge gap under his arm, I mean the video shows Braniac's charge failing so its probably massive but that's still a hella dangerous read on anything except wakeup. Maybe some M/U specific options.

I only tested it on wake-ups and special moves but I'm sure there are some normals he can use it against as well.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Interesting tech. Although I didn’t know about it till now, it makes sense. I’ve been using his gunshot as a neutral tool. I thought it created a little space to cause my opponent to whiff on their normals, but I didn’t realize how much it altered his hitbox.

Thanks! Good find.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I thought I noticed something was a little weird with shield bash vs revolver shot. I wasn't sure though. A lot more noticeable here with all of the other samples.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Anyone test on delayed wake up?

I’d expect the Hellboy player has to make that read and time accordingly.