What's new

Does this work?

Say with Ermac...:

Anything,TKS, aaHPHP, (jump forward) relanch.

The height is equal to when I do Popup, Relaunch, and I've gotten it on CPUs and scrubs. Haven't tried it competitively.

Reason I asked this is because you probably can get a lot more damage together on say the robots and Sheeva if you start at the beginning of the screen.

I guess Kabal could do the same thing if you catch them with a high spin.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, specifically in Scheisse's clip, it is entirely blockable because of the frame Cyrax is in on the landing, but even in the relaunch concept, I don't think you can otg anything unblockably off aa jabs at all, I'll have to check again though.

You obviously haven't seen the video. There's no aaHPs that take place. At all. Popup>Dash>JPS Popup>Dash.....

Wouldn't you think the guy who found that infinite out would know about it?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You obviously haven't seen the video. There's no aaHPs that take place. At all. Popup>Dash>JPS Popup>Dash.....

Wouldn't you think the guy who found that infinite out would know about it?
I think what he is referring to is 3 hit pop up, Elbow Dash whiff, then otg 3 hit pop up on the other side, similar to Kano's, pop up, Cannon Ball whiff, pop up. With Kano it's easier because it starts with a low hit, both are blockable however. You have to connect a jumping hit on the frame before the computer sees them as touching the ground for a relaunch to work, they are in a certain state after the pop up which allows this. In order for the close range attack to be enabled, they have to be on the ground, therefore being blockable. You can however, do something like, 3 hit pop up, walk forward, otg LK, which will make contact and be unblockable in the same window as a relaunch. For things like aaRH, you can otg hits as well, a grounded RH cannot be followed by an unblockable otg, at least when done by some characters. After a normal autocombo there is a significantly larger window for otgs, even when they are completely on the ground, which is why you can sweep after Kitana's 4 hit fan combo, Jade's 4 hit staff combo, Sub's, Liu's, and Kung's combos that end in kicks, and many autocombos in the corner can be followed by a ducking LK for example.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, I think even Sheeva can relaunch Sheeva in buggy MKT, but ded, I believe Emo is talking about doing it without the JPS at all, just hitting the first HP as soon as they touch the ground.

oBryant

Noob
Yeah, I think even Sheeva can relaunch Sheeva in buggy MKT, but ded, I believe Emo is talking about doing it without the JPS at all, just hitting the first HP as soon as they touch the ground.
i was actually talking about this.. no jps or anything.. just pop up walk forward run then popup.. its not blockable on robots..

This only works if opponent doesn't expect it, hence blockable. At high level play it's not even worth considering. I've tried some variation in timing for this and all are blockable.