What's new

Does The Krypt Eventually Stop Giving You Skins?

ErmacMKX

Noob
I haven't unlocked the bridge or shinnoks area but at this point I'm only getting komsumables. I don't understand the krypt in detail so I was just wondering if there's anything I need to do or if this is how it is.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Once you get close to empty as far as chests, you can refill them with Kronika's vault but the likelihood of skins still goes way down. (as far as I'm aware) Unless you want Raiden or Scorpion skins, a lot of the "dedicated" chest will be gone by then. (other than Shang's throne room)

Shrine 100k donation guarantee of a non-duplicate skin.

SubZeroIce

Runway
Once you get close to empty as far as chests, you can refill them with Kronika's vault but the likelihood of skins still goes way down. (as far as I'm aware) Unless you want Raiden or Scorpion skins, a lot of the "dedicated" chest will be gone by then. (other than Shang's throne room)

Shrine 100k donation guarantee of a non-duplicate skin.
If you donate 100K enough times, it slows down too. I've gotten at least 8-9 Konsumables after putting in 100K.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
yes

i’ve been getting nothing but consumables (even stopped getting augments) from chests and green boys for a while now.

once you reach that point you have to either look for blindfold chests for kollector trades or stick to the shrine

How much gold should I stockpile before going in krypt. I want to do it in one shot pretty much because I severely hate the UI. Right now I have about 7m gold.

SquidlyB

Noob
I've hit this point too. Every chest I open is either a konsumable or some piece of concept art. Giving the shrine 100,000 coins for one skin blows. It'd be better if it were 3. I'm also in favor of increasing the gear items in the store from 5 to 10.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
How much gold should I stockpile before going in krypt. I want to do it in one shot pretty much because I severely hate the UI. Right now I have about 7m gold.
Every character has, what, 20 skins obtainable in the Krypt? Let's say 10 are only obtainable via the donation system. That would mean you need 1M per character times 25 = 25M total. I don't know exactly how many skins per character are obtainable in the krypt, though. Check that yourself.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I opened everything I could with about 4 million.
But then there's the souls, and the hearts. Not sure on those numbers.
Then there's the restocking, from what little info i've seen you need to do every chest twice at least. And restocking also costs coins.
Then there's the stuff that only comes from the kollector shrine.
And the kollector trades.
And the forge.
Then there's all the weird contextual stuff so you should do 10 mercies, 10 brutals, and 10 fatalities. Also 25 fataltites against everyone. All in towers, not multiplayer modes.
The there's the stuff I don't even know about since I haven't done all that stuff yet.

If your goal is to only go into the krypt once ever I don't think it's a good idea until you've got at least 20million coins, and an appropriate number of souls and hearts as well. Plus all the heads of the characters, and the Heart, Soul, and Mind (i think?) of the One.

kantboy-2

Ripper
There are tons of skins and gear tied to the krypt but the shrine only gives me augments.

Even the Kronika Vaults are only giving me freaking consumables.

After seeing the Shang Tsung ToT, I now know some character skins are tied to the DLC trial towers; NRS could've let us know that 2 months ago.

This is their worst progression system to date.

Is it true a Kung Lao brutality is tied to Kombat League results?!?! W.T.F.

Every character has, what, 20 skins obtainable in the Krypt? Let's say 10 are only obtainable via the donation system. That would mean you need 1M per character times 25 = 25M total. I don't know exactly how many skins per character are obtainable in the krypt, though. Check that yourself.
Nah. At a certain point skins aren't guaranteed anymore. I had to dump like 5 million+ into the shrine to get my last Skarlet outfit.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
There are tons of skins and gear tied to the krypt but the shrine only gives me augments.

Even the Kronika Vaults are only giving me freaking consumables.

After seeing the Shang Tsung ToT, I now know some character skins are tied to the DLC trial towers; NRS could've let us know that 2 months ago.

This is their worst progression system to date.

Are you donating the right amounts? It’s 100,000 for skins, and 75,000 for gear.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Yes. It first started with the gear, but then it was the skins as well.

Even A.I. battles give me crap rewards when I win and my main, Kano, has a gear piece still held hostage by that mode.

drewrman

There is no knowledge that is not power.
the new kung lao brutality and scorpion's 5th victory cinematic are rewards for completing additional kombat league season challenges: for the brutality, you have to complete 10 ranked daily challenges, for the victory you have to connect 10 fatal blows in ranked mode.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
1 out 3 are 100k augments it’s really bullshit they won’t let you earn them . 75k at this point doesn’t give me anything