What's new

Does Skarlet needs buffs?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Her punish is piss poor until they make bf3 amp a launcher.

she's good..... that would make her great.
Her punish its actually great, she has among the best punishments in game
7f jab that punishes anything within range at -8, interrupts a lot of gaps, hit confirmable combo and has more range than most 7f jabs, it anti-airs
10f kick longer range than the 7f jab, followup has no gap its +6 allows high jailing from most of her plus frames at any range, it anti-airs
13 mid followup into a hit confirmable special, can be used to keep them on the ground to stagger, to send them fullscreen or to simply launch at the wall.
13 mid with the longest range, keeps her in place, its safe, makes certain specials unpunishable, punishes fatal blows on pushback, it connects with her fatal blow instead.
B4 has enourmous range, this move will keep anyone honest to not simply put up moves on screen, on top of being uber fast enforces her 50-50 much better

All this in conjunction with her backdash coverage and speed and cancel, her walkspeed and her specials, makes Skarlet a very solid fundamentalwise character.

Any of the changes i've listed will only give her better rewards everytime she lands some of these hits, and heart pierce will have a better counter against BAP which its a weakness she can fight off against some normals, but she can't really use followups against characters who has a 9f BAP.

Last edited:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Her punish its actually great, she has among the best punishments in game
7f jab that punishes anything within range at -8, interrupts a lot of gaps, hit confirmable combo and has more range than most 7f jabs, it anti-airs
10f kick longer range than the 7f jab, followup has no gap its +6 allows high jailing from most of her plus frames at any range, it anti-airs
13 mid followup into a hit confirmable special, can be used to keep them on the ground to stagger, to send them fullscreen or to simply launch at the wall.
13 mid with the longest range, keeps her in place, its safe, makes certain specials unpunishable, punishes fatal blows on pushback, it connects with her fatal blow instead.
B4 has enourmous range, this move will keep anyone honest to not simply put up moves on screen, on top of being uber fast enforces her 50-50 much better

All this in conjunction with her backdash coverage and speed and cancel, her walkspeed and her specials, makes Skarlet a very solid fundamentalwise character.

Any of the changes i've listed will only give her better rewards everytime she lands some of these hits, and heart pierce will have a better counter against BAP which its a weakness she can fight off against some normals, but she can't really use followups against characters who has a 9f BAP.
her damage on those are piss poor compared to the top of the cast.
her 7f jab should net her more and it doesn't. It made sense that it didn't do a ton because Cell Ciphon returned the difference.... but now it doesn't.

I wouldn't be opposed to the health return happening again.

I've never disagreed that she isn't a balanced type character. I just think it is foolish to see what the "great" characters can do and say Skarlet is fine. Right now bf3 serves zero purpose in anything she does, and making the amp version launch would give the move purpose and expand her punish range.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
her damage on those are piss poor compared to the top of the cast.
her 7f jab should net her more and it doesn't. It made sense that it didn't do a ton because Cell Ciphon returned the difference.... but now it doesn't.

I wouldn't be opposed to the health return happening again.

I've never disagreed that she isn't a balanced type character. I just think it is foolish to see what the "great" characters can do and say Skarlet is fine. Right now bf3 serves zero purpose in anything she does, and making the amp version launch would give the move purpose and expand her punish range.
She gains positioning from those because tentacle sends them back to full screen, as said multiple times in this thread, the damage adds up because she keeps them out and forces them to take 2% chip constantly. Basically she frustrates them and when they get impatient she gets a combo. She also has a lot of restand options on the ground which gives her mixup pressure with throws and high jailing hit strings which also adds up.

BF3 amp doesn't really need to launch vertically, it just needs a slightly better recovery., besides if the gravity scaling gets relaxed a bit you will be able to explore more even with restand options.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
She gains positioning from those because tentacle sends them back to full screen, as said multiple times in this thread, the damage adds up because she keeps them out and forces them to take 2% chip constantly. Basically she frustrates them and when they get impatient she gets a combo. She also has a lot of restand options on the ground which gives her mixup pressure with throws and high jailing hit strings which also adds up.

BF3 amp doesn't really need to launch vertically, it just needs a slightly better recovery., besides if the gravity scaling gets relaxed a bit you will be able to explore more even with restand options.
no one ... and i mean NO ONE is going to eat 2% chip constnatly. her zoning is very easy to avoid. c'mon man. She doesn't have any mixup pressure at all. She incredibly easy to block and once people play against her more often... very easy to FB and punish her gaps.
Nothing about her base would change at all. I'm just giving her a path to do MORE damage on a good read or a poke jail. I don't like having useless moves.. and currently bf3 is useless.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
no one ... and i mean NO ONE is going to eat 2% chip constnatly. her zoning is very easy to avoid. c'mon man. She doesn't have any mixup pressure at all. She incredibly easy to block and once people play against her more often... very easy to FB and punish her gaps.
Nothing about her base would change at all. I'm just giving her a path to do MORE damage on a good read or a poke jail. I don't like having useless moves.. and currently bf3 is useless.
bf3 its useless, but making it vertical launch its just too good, less recovery on amp would be OK, but vertical launch its just too good.

Once Skarlet puts a blood ball on screen she is insanely plus, if they are going to neutral duck or jump, the goal is fufilled, either they duck or block a thong which puts them into a ball, or they will continue to neutral duck balls for days.

Maybe that's because i play heart pierce more, i don't feel helpless as soon as someone gets closer, but i can totally understand on blood drive's case, which is a variation i don't like as much in partcular.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Her punish is piss poor until they make bf3 amp a launcher.

she's good..... that would make her great.
YOOOOOOO! That would be DOPE if they give her that! To keep it all the way live, with characters like Geras, Sonya, and Scorpion, fuck BALANCE! Skarlet needs some dirty shit and this is a start because its not too much to ask at all, especially with her horrible KB damage.

Too be honest i would buff her hair. Jesus they put her pixie hair on her WORST SKIN !!! I'm mean like what the hell ? I wish they allowed us to select hair for all of her skins.
And now answering your question : Nah she's fine.

xKMMx

Banned
Nope. Every string she has is safe and she has great zoning and keep away if used correctly. Can Scorpion blow up her zoning? Yea he can blow up everyone's zoning.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Nope. Every string she has is safe
That's not strictly true. Her 212 string is punishable. Also, if you hit B3 at max range but input B34, the second hit can whiff. If they blocked B3 and read the 4 coming out, they can whiff punish hard.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Why the fuck is it always "x character is not Geras therefore x needs an overhaul". Skarlet is really damn fucking good. She plays an excellent neutral, has good keepout game, a good back dash to set up some nasty whiff punishes, has a lot of safety to her, meterless combos. Tricky screen control. She's not a hard zoner per se but she does have her fair share of fullscreen shenanigans with all her projectiles.

I think her KBs need a bit of help in terms of damage. Geras gets 300 + on all of his. Skarlet gets nothing
310 on each throw, almost 30 % on b12. B2 needs a buff but shit she already has fine Krushing blows what are you zippin breh. Everyone has bad Krushing Blows if Geras serves as a reference point. Then Liu Kang KB's are shit, Kabal KBs are shit, Scorpion KBs are shit, Sub Zero KBs are shit, Sonya KBs are shit - lets buff everyone so they can be Geras.

Having 3 servicable Krushing Blows aside from d2 is good. She's super solid, excellent neutral, excellent footsies, excellent space control, meterless damage I mean this is some good ass shit she got going. Yeah she has gaps, but she has tools to play around it - we dont want her to be braindead either

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Mostly I think she just needs adjustments to variation loadouts like people have said. I'm not sure I know what the point of Blood Sacrifice is right now other than ending a match where you already have a significant life lead?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
310 on each throw, almost 30 % on b12. B2 needs a buff but shit she already has fine Krushing blows what are you zippin breh.
Good luck with your 2 krushing blow throws a game when you punish them for neutral ducking for 12% if you don't want to die if they block and since when did 24% become almost 30%

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Why the fuck is it always "x character is not Geras therefore x needs an overhaul". Skarlet is really damn fucking good. She plays an excellent neutral, has good keepout game, a good back dash to set up some nasty whiff punishes, has a lot of safety to her, meterless combos. Tricky screen control. She's not a hard zoner per se but she does have her fair share of fullscreen shenanigans with all her projectiles.

310 on each throw, almost 30 % on b12. B2 needs a buff but shit she already has fine Krushing blows what are you zippin breh. Everyone has bad Krushing Blows if Geras serves as a reference point. Then Liu Kang KB's are shit, Kabal KBs are shit, Scorpion KBs are shit, Sub Zero KBs are shit, Sonya KBs are shit - lets buff everyone so they can be Geras.

Having 3 servicable Krushing Blows aside from d2 is good. She's super solid, excellent neutral, excellent footsies, excellent space control, meterless damage I mean this is some good ass shit she got going. Yeah she has gaps, but she has tools to play around it - we dont want her to be braindead either
310 on each throw is whatever.
people will learn to just eat 14% or make a read rather than try to tech for now reward and all risk.

b12 is garbage as a punisher...... GARBAGE

So you're left with a crap 180? damage slow ass b2 that is punishable. and d2 that can be dropped out of, and if you use the parry ( you should) then her parry.

Her KBs are so bad that you can go 10 matches without ever seeing one.

Geras being the ref point is not good I agree. I actually think they messed up the damage scaling on his (they all do more than everyone elses.)
But even an average character has at least 2 KBs they get out in the natural flow of a match.

She has none.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
310 on each throw is whatever.
people will learn to just eat 14% or make a read rather than try to tech for now reward and all risk.
I dont what game you're playing. Pros get rekt by throw KB's all the time, that's Kung Lao's saving grace. But magically this does not apply to Skarlet huh