What's new

Does Skarlet needs buffs?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I dont what game you're playing. Pros get rekt by throw KB's all the time, that's Kung Lao's saving grace. But magically this does not apply to Skarlet huh
Because they think teching is smart

it isn't

It is mostly just habit of thinking "i need to tech the throw"

in reality.... if a character has a throw KB and you fail tech..... you just majorly increased your opponenets chances to destroy your life. Either with a throw KB.... or the fact that you keep teching the direction the throw KB works in.... and just eat 140 damage over and over.

These are just the facts. Most "pros" just have the habit of teching throws from other games, and it carries over.

MK provides zero incentive to tech a throw now that KBs on throws are a thing.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

it isn't

in reality.... if a character has a throw KB and you fail tech..... you just majorly increased your opponenets chances to destroy your life. Either with a throw KB.... or the fact that you keep teching the direction the throw KB works in.... and just eat 140 damage over and over.

These are just the facts. Most "pros" just have the habit of teching throws from other games, and it carries over.

Going to reply to myself.

Further more.... the risk/reward for just NJ or ND a throw is the same on both sides. If you throw and whiff ... i get a punish. If I duck/jump and you were going to do a string... you get a punish.

Where it favors the defender is when you play 1 button stagger characters that can't really confirm that button and have to commit. So even tho Jacqui hit me with f3, she had to commit to the cancel. I can get hit by that 3 times and still win the exchange if on the third cancel she goes for a throw and it whiffs.

It is not a natural mechanic to have in a FG, but MK makes throws incredibly powerful and this is the end result. Strike/Throw meta. Why risk loading up someone else when you can at least keep the risk/reward even at all times?

thlityoursloat

kick kick

it isn't

Can I get an amen?

The only thing I would do for Skarlet is remove her F43 gap. And I'd even take the string being slightly more minus if it meant there'd be no gap.