What's new

Does scorpions spear not capture?

I'm not sure of the technical fighting game term, but from what it looked like, his spear didn't see rest and the opponent. Maybe I was seeing the second spear in the combo but I can't remember exactly

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm pretty sure you have to spend an Offensive Bar to get the capture, otherwise he just slashes them with a sword once he reels them in.

But with meter being on a timer and the fact that you start at max, I think he will be able to do it pretty often.

I'm pretty sure you have to spend an Offensive Bar to get the capture, otherwise he just slashes them with a sword once he reels them in.

But with meter being on a timer and the fact that you start at max, I think he will be able to do it pretty often.
Yea this makes sense, probably wouldn't be able to land more than 2 in a row anyway. I still hope we can do long combos in mk11

E

Eldriken

It has to be amplified to combo off of, which is fine to me.

I think that since resource management is pretty much automated, it makes sense to make some specials require being amplified to combo off of.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Scarlet and Sub-Zero have un-amplified capture moves if I'm not mistaken. Scorpion's spear is one of the most iconic MK moves for a reason and the change is unnecessary as it's never been gamebreaking. Scorpion has always been a mid tier, high risk high reward character. Poor unsafe bastard needs that move just to keep anything going, especially if his teleport doesn't combo either the way it did in MKX. Haven't read a detailed breakdown on him though. Alot of people played him, but few really say more than "he's got some great rushdown and well he's.... Scorpion."

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Makes the move less binary and allows the move to have more utility in neutral since the reward isn't unga. Capture moves tend to be pretty situational.

Scarlet and Sub-Zero have un-amplified capture moves if I'm not mistaken. Scorpion's spear is one of the most iconic MK moves for a reason and the change is unnecessary as it's never been gamebreaking. Scorpion has always been a mid tier, high risk high reward character. Poor unsafe bastard needs that move just to keep anything going, especially if his teleport doesn't combo either the way it did in MKX. Haven't read a detailed breakdown on him though. Alot of people played him, but few really say more than "he's got some great rushdown and well he's.... Scorpion."
I hope hes good, hes my favorite character and my main

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Couple things wromg with this. 1 yes subs iceball launches meterless but it still requires meter in order to link it off normals and strings. 2 combos in this game are significantly shorter and they have been nerfing meterless launchers since injustice 2 now. Just because the moves iconic doesn't mean it can't be changed to better fit the game. 3 scorpion looks mad good in this game

Last edited: