What's new

Does Scorpion Make IGAU Better Or Worse?

Is IGAU better with or without Scorpion?

• The game is better with Scorpion

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • The game would be better without Scorpion

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • It does not matter.

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Mortal Kombat's Scorpion was the only guest character in Injustice: Gods Among Us. Now that the first game is in it's final form and the sequel is just around the corner, I figure the question should be asked; Does Scorpion make IGAU a more or less enjoyable game? Please vote and discuss.

There's a thread for each of the DLC characters if you're interested.
Batgirl
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-batgirl-make-igau-better-or-worse.61432/
Lobo
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-lobo-make-igau-better-or-worse.62226/
Martian Manhunter
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-martian-manhunter-make-igau-better-or-worse.62084/
Zatanna
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-zatanna-make-igau-better-or-worse.62513/
Zod
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-zod-make-igau-better-or-worse.62365/

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
There is nothing wrong with guest characters in games, as long as there is only one and not 4 like MKX. You cant tell me that Alien(despite what you may think of him balance wise), Predator, or Jason by themselves isn't fucking cool to have in an MK game. I think Scorpion is a cool character to have in Injustice, he was just so dog shit that it was kind of a waste of having him at all.

While I fully acknowledge and understand that Scorpion was trash in this game, I still do believe he was a bit underlooked

Anywho to answer the question, I agree with juicepouch. Add a guest character? Annoying but whatever, it's NRS and scorpion is ed boon's butt buddy. But to make him a waste of a character slot is criminal

Also, watching KOTHs of scorpion casuals is the bane of my existence

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
While I fully acknowledge and understand that Scorpion was trash in this game, I still do believe he was a bit underlooked

Anywho to answer the question, I agree with juicepouch. Add a guest character? Annoying but whatever, it's NRS and scorpion is ed boon's butt buddy. But to make him a waste of a character slot is criminal

Also, watching KOTHs of scorpion casuals is the bane of my existence
The only problem was that Batgirl did everything he wanted to do like 100 times better than he did.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Scorpions overall design for injustice was just bad, they had no choice but to really nerf him to the ground simply because his teleport didnt belong in that game.

maybe they could have made it to where is teleport functioned like zods wraith swipes, even though they hit from behind they can still be blocked by holding back.

i do think they over nerfed him tbh. if they had just gone about it the right way, he woulda still been decent.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
There is nothing wrong with guest characters in games, as long as there is only one and not 4 like MKX. You cant tell me that Alien(despite what you may think of him balance wise), Predator, or Jason by themselves isn't fucking cool to have in an MK game. I think Scorpion is a cool character to have in Injustice, he was just so dog shit that it was kind of a waste of having him at all.
alien v predator tweedy v reo was fckin amazing

i love these match up

completely subjective of course

@xInfra Deadx What's that from, a banned Mister Bean episode?
Black Adder i believe

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Apparently some of you weren't around when he was sooo stupid to deal with...
I was, and I never bought it. This site just went full GameFAQ about how "teleports shouldnt be in a back to block game" in the space of like, 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, Batgirl (who I'd like to add, was released BEFORE Scorpion) was only ever patched when people found legitimate bugs/infinites with her. :)

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I was, and I never bought it. This site just went full GameFAQ about how "teleports shouldnt be in a back to block game" in the space of like, 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, Batgirl (who I'd like to add, was released BEFORE Scorpion) was only ever patched when people found legitimate bugs/infinites with her. :)
Scorpion was never harder for me to fight as Grundy as Superman was. *shudders*

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?

I think it was because Scorpion was released on June 11th (a month before Evo). Also teleports that switch sides and start a combo that ends in a standing reset are pretty terrifying.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Besides all the hate, you can't say Netherrealm didn't nail it with the guest characters. Alien, leatherface, predator and Jason are so interestingly designed and fit so well in the variation model. Say what you want about balance, but it is so awesome that they're in the game and NRS absolutely nailed their feel and fighting style.

That being said, 4 is too much since everyone was hoping for noob and rain.

Guests in general though make the games better.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
The costume that Scorpion has in Injustice is pretty awesome. If there are any, I hope they get Jim Lee to design MK characters in the sequel.

Last edited: