What's new

Does Scorpion’s teleport drive anyone else mad?

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
It’s not a 50/50...It’s a read. You can always attack before him if he TP cancels.
That argument goes for every one and for every fighting game . Its like saying " if you have more points than your opponent you win the game " . we all know that moves can be punish men , the point is , how is it that a lightning fast air tracker special move ,hits and goes full combo can be cancel ? GTFO!!! The move is good already . it doesn't need a cancel . its BS and cheap . And calling people scrubs or go to the lab doesnt change the fact that the move isnt cheap .

That argument goes for every one and for every fighting game . Its like saying " if you have more points than your opponent you win the game " . we all know that moves can be punish men , the point is , how is it that a lightning fast air tracker special move ,hits and goes full combo can be cancel ? GTFO!!! The move is good already . it doesn't need a cancel . its BS and cheap . And calling people scrubs or go to the lab doesnt change the fact that the move isnt cheap .
Was this thread created in MKX too?
Teleport was fast (faster!) in mkx it launched and it could be cancelled as well.

Even more scrubs played with scorpion and dropped the random teleports lol.

Is this teleport much different to complain about?
We talked about amplify but now we are talking about cancel too lol.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Y’all need to lab more. There’s no 50/50 with the cancel. If the cancel is done on the ground it leaves him just outside of throw distance. If done airborne, it leaves him directly on top of you.

Knowing this, every time he cancels in the air you get a free low poke. If he cancels on the ground he can bait pokes by either walking in for a throw or walking back and punishing your buttons. In that case you simply walk backwards.
Into another teleport usually. I know that there is an answer to it. It's the principle I disagree with. Teleporting already changes the neutral drastically. We don't need it to even be safe.

Was this thread created in MKX too?
Teleport was fast (faster!) in mkx it launched and it could be cancelled as well.

Even more scrubs played with scorpion and dropped the random teleports lol.

Is this teleport much different to complain about?
We talked about amplify but now we are talking about cancel too lol.
Mkx was full of broken shit, but it was ok because every character had some kind of broken shit, so it was kinda balanced.
The thing is this teleport is even cheaper because you need to guess if it's a cancel, a normal or an amplified, in a more "neutral, footsie based game". Or try to punish the first one in a 3 frame window... Missed the timing? Full combo punish from amplified teleport.

Well I usually say fuzzy to os too, my bad... I still think the point is clear. You need to wait a little after first hit is blocked. So -20 becomes something like -10 to -12. Most punishes have a startup of 8-9 frames. Meaning you basically have a 1-4 frame window to punish that.
Brotha it’s not hard at all I promise you. Just practice defending against it. You’ll never get hit by it again.

All you have to do is jab punish. If you’re playing with Scorp you’re in luck because he has good jab punishes.

Telling you to lab more isn’t calling you a scrub, is telling it to lab more. Lightning fast? 23f is hardly even fast, and you can react to that. You gotta be getting crushing up close if you think 23f is fast lol. It’s not cheap if you understand how to defend against it. I told you how to deal with it, now go lab it out

i'm sure no one can react to teleport. thats the point of this move, otherwise it would be useless.

edit: weird why is the qoute option not available anymore?

no one can react to the start up and the amp teleport is NOT the problem. why is that so hard to get? i'm talking about the cancle which is a 50/50.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Come on not just scrubs play Scorpion and the character is strong without the yolo teleport.
He did not flawless block your gaps either. :)

I did not play Skarlet matchup (on neither side) yet therefore I can not decide who is winning. Scorpion has 13F U2 therefore parry cancel in the gaps is a thing. U3 is 9F though. But probably you will be scared too after the first flawless block punish... :)

Maybe we need to wait few more weeks and at least more people will learn the match ups.

Devs probably gave Scorpion this stuff just to keep people attention... to talk about it lol. Competitively that move will not cause any trouble.

Now it is pretty "scrub killer" dirt which I do not like but no problem with that - as I try to work-around it.

Against Skarlet there are other things to lab... :) And other characters have different things to lab.

You can not really lab too much against Scorpion (maybe fb F34, punishing B2), so you spend your time punishing teleport lol.
I honestly can't understand what this is all about.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
FFS... if you're having trouble with this... Its no wonder the Reborn variant exists. I wonder how you deal with a LEGITIMATELY SAFE teleport mixup...

Invincibeast

Stay Free
oh wow it costs a bar and you can tech the throw. it's still a 50/50 at any time during the match.
It'd be one thing if a cancel or amp teleport didn't cost shit to throw out and could just be used over and over and over. Then I'd see why you all are complaining. But it costing a bar to do so means that after two uses there will be a wait time until its available again that if you're so shit at dealing with the options, is your chance to get in.

Players these days think something STRONG is automatically broken because they can't deal with it lol.

okay than let's break it down maybe im missing something. scorp teleports->does attack->you attack->you get comboed. k next time you block. he cancles the port and grabs you. how is that reactable?

i didn't said it makes him broken. it's just a coinflip at anytime during neutral. maybe if you explained to me why it's not a 50/50 i could start to deal with it.
and yes it costs meter but metermamagment is not that important. he gets the meter back after a grab.