What's new

Does Martian Manhunter Make IGAU Better Or Worse?

Is IGAU better with or without Martian Manhunter?

• Total voters

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Martian Manhunter is considered by some to be the best character in Injustice: Gods Among Us. Now that the first game is in it's final form and the sequel is just around the corner, I figure the question should be asked; Does Martian Manhunter make IGAU a more or less enjoyable game? Please vote and discuss.

There's a thread for each of the DLC characters if you're interested.
Batgirl
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-batgirl-make-igau-better-or-worse.61432/
Lobo
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-lobo-make-igau-better-or-worse.62226/
Scorpion
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-scorpion-make-igau-better-or-worse.61529/
Zatanna
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-zatanna-make-igau-better-or-worse.62513/
Zod
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-zod-make-igau-better-or-worse.62365/

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
lbsh just because you bums struggled doesnt mean he wasnt the only nrs dlc to evwr take actual skill

He was, hands down, the best character in the entire game. He had a lot of tools but the most broken thing was his MB orbs. hit gave him safe, loopable 50/50s (sound familiar?)

in the same tier as him batgirl, aquaman, zod, flash. The game was worse with him in it BUT there was a lot of other broken stuff. The game needed a patch. So unless you were going to fix other things then he was fine the way he was. The only character that for sure beat him was Lex.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
He was, hands down, the best character in the entire game. He had a lot of tools but the most broken thing was his MB orbs. hit gave him safe, loopable 50/50s (sound familiar?)

in the same tier as him batgirl, aquaman, zod, flash. The game was worse with him in it BUT there was a lot of other broken stuff. The game needed a patch. So unless you were going to fix other things then he was fine the way he was. The only character that for sure beat him was Lex.
Saying Lex beat him is an exaggeration. That mu was 5-5 at best.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Serious question - Is there a way to play in his blue costume instead of his purple spandex? It seems odd that NRS decided to make purple his only choice; when's the last time you saw someone wearing purple jeans?

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Serious question - Is there a way to play in his blue costume instead of his purple spandex? It seems odd that NRS decided to make purple his only choice; when's the last time you saw someone wearing purple jeans?
Go to the character select screen, pick mmh, go to alternate costumes (or something like that) and press start

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Its because he's really Barney.

Yes, Barney is an alien.

How do you think the whole Alien vs. Predator thing started?

Barney/MM and Alien are cousins.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I hated fighting that character. Towards the end of the game I played a lot of green arrow and he simply had his way with him. Felt like all the time I was waiting for my turn in the frame game and that never happened between orbsz trait and seeing if the mmh used teleport correctly. I felt like if I won it was because the mmh player was bad, not because I was good.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Go to the character select screen, pick mmh, go to alternate costumes (or something like that) and press start
:eek:OMG it worked!:D On PS4 press the Options button to select your costume and you will change color pallet. Some characters, like Flash, simply get brighter/darker while others have completely different colors.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I know he was really strong, because he had every tool, but while I agree he should've been nerfed, I never really felt he was that overpowered. I did main Lex though, who was an even match up, so that may be the reason.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
He can hold that 5-5 against Nightwing which lbsh is really 6-4 Nightwing due to Martian players having no fundamentals am I right

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Martian belonged in Injustice, he's one of the main 7 of the Justice League.

Yeah he was OP and needed to be toned down a little, but to be fair in Martian's defense he was one of the hardest characters in the game to master. In my opinion the easiest characters in the game (aka Aquaman) should not be top tier, the hardest characters in the game (aka Zod, Zatanna, etc) should be top tier. If a character is going to be OP, at least make them really tough to master so that not just any scrub can pick them up and do work. Martian was probably top 5 hardest in the game to master with his instant air teleport combos, and the fact that he didn't just have one playstyle. He could rush down, zone, play patient footsies, etc. So Martian deserved his top tier spot and deserves to be in the game in my opinion

Martian belonged in Injustice, he's one of the main 7 of the Justice League.

Yeah he was OP and needed to be toned down a little, but to be fair in Martian's defense he was one of the hardest characters in the game to master. In my opinion the easiest characters in the game (aka Aquaman) should not be top tier, the hardest characters in the game (aka Zod, Zatanna, etc) should be top tier. If a character is going to be OP, at least make them really tough to master so that not just any scrub can pick them up and do work. Martian was probably top 5 hardest in the game to master with his instant air teleport combos, and the fact that he didn't just have one playstyle. He could rush down, zone, play patient footsies, etc. So Martian deserved his top tier spot and deserves to be in the game in my opinion
at the highest level, you could compare MMH to pre patch tanya or alien. Where as a scrub like @Tweedy could pick up alien in 4 hrs but MMH took a true character main. MMH and flash were the only two MKX characters in injustice. If you ask me MMH needed two things changed:

1) no more random cross up teleports after several knockdown strings
2) MB orbs jailed and gave you MKX style mix ups that you could loop. MB orbs needed changed.

Overall he made the game worse. BUT so did other characters in their final state. Batgirl. Flash.

I will say this... injustice had multi character types in its top tier and mkx only has one (rush down go nuts scrub). Injustice had aqua(footsies/defense), zod (pure zoning/hit and run), MMH/Batgirl (rush down/anti zoning/vortex), Flash (rush down fool), Sinestro (zoning/footsies/vortex). for me that rounds out the top tier

Tweedy

Noob
at the highest level, you could compare MMH to pre patch tanya or alien. Where as a scrub like @Tweedy could pick up alien in 4 hrs but MMH took a true character main. MMH and flash were the only two MKX characters in injustice. If you ask me MMH needed two things changed:

1) no more random cross up teleports after several knockdown strings
2) MB orbs jailed and gave you MKX style mix ups that you could loop. MB orbs needed changed.

Overall he made the game worse. BUT so did other characters in their final state. Batgirl. Flash.

I will say this... injustice had multi character types in its top tier and mkx only has one (rush down go nuts scrub). Injustice had aqua(footsies/defense), zod (pure zoning/hit and run), MMH/Batgirl (rush down/anti zoning/vortex), Flash (rush down fool), Sinestro (zoning/footsies/vortex). for me that rounds out the top tier
Do we need to play a streamed set where I absolutely annihilate you with Kenshi?