What's new

Does Lotus Fist Kung Lao really have no overhead starter?

I know not everyone can be a mixup master but I’m shocked he doesn’t have a single overhead starter, unless I’m just missing something? I’m loving how he feels right now but am terrified that he can easily be crouch blocked to oblivion. Sure jump punches and throws will combat that, kind of, but I would kill to have even a slow overhead starter to toss in every now and again. How are Kung mains handling this? Any tips?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Lao like many other characters in this game is not a mix up character in MK 11, i really fail to see how is that so hard to understand, it's been said like bazilion of times already. He is fine with the tools he has, a side from some hitbox issues (again like many characters in the game).

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I would get asking for an overhead although he doesn’t need one, but asking for an overhead STARTER? git gud. loads of characters don’t have overheads/ viable overheads.

I’m sorry for the potentially dumb question, I am relatively new to the fold here so maybe this has been discussed to death and my apologizes for just reiterating it again. (I’m finding this board hard to navigate on mobile for some reason.)

Haven’t played MKX much but did play MK9 a lot and most people had 50/50s (at least the handful of people I played with) so I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. The amount of “stuff” in MK11 is overwhelming compared to MK9 lol so I’m still trying to adjust.

Anyway thanks and sorry again for repeating what’s already known. I will search the boards here more in depth before asking questions in the future :)

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
I’m sorry for the potentially dumb question, I am relatively new to the fold here so maybe this has been discussed to death and my apologizes for just reiterating it again. (I’m finding this board hard to navigate on mobile for some reason.)

Haven’t played MKX much but did play MK9 a lot and most people had 50/50s (at least the handful of people I played with) so I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. The amount of “stuff” in MK11 is overwhelming compared to MK9 lol so I’m still trying to adjust.

Anyway thanks and sorry again for repeating what’s already known. I will search the boards here more in depth before asking questions in the future :)
No need to be sorry. Though I agree Lao doesn't need an overhead, people are a bit sensitive on this site.

Error

DF2+R2

50/50s were probably less prevalent in MK9 than MK11.