What's new

Does it seem fair that Smoke can phase through with half a stamina bar, but Scorpion uses full?

Espio

Kokomo
I thought that the phase was a seperate move from the telepunch, like in MK9.
It is. His teleport punch is a normal off that Smoke bomb string. His overhead teleport is also separate from the phase. If it has no attack capabilities, which it definitely does not appear to then more to the point.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
It is. His teleport punch is a normal off that Smoke bomb string. His overhead teleport is also separate from the phase.
Yeah I was refering to the overhead teleport, didn't know what to call it so just called it telepunch. Silly decision on my end.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Scorpion's goes from anywhere on the screen to right behind his opponent, Smoke's moves halfway across the screen either forwards or backwards.

Scorpion uses his as a pressure tool, they expect to block a teleport and get pressured by Scorpion instead, Smoke's is used to escape pressure (or start it idk I don't have him yet)

Scorpion's is better, therefore uses more stamina.

FOXSOLID

Noob
I just can't see why these abilities are even compared...
They're both types of teleports. I understand the differences, but who knows which will be better in the long run until different tech is revealed? They both can get you out of trouble in various ways.

Also, I will definitely be playing Triborg. This isn't a call for a nerf.

Altsa

They're both types of teleports. I understand the differences, but who knows which will be better in the long run until different tech is revealed? They both can get you out of trouble in various ways.
They are 2 completely different teleports. One is more or less an invincible dash and the other is a fullscreen attack that can be canceled. If you feel like Scorpion needs a buff, by all means make a thread about it but in my opinion there is no reason to compare it to Smoke's Phase.

Also, I will definitely be playing Triborg. This isn't a call for a nerf.
Saying both of those moves are teleports is like saying Takedas b2 should be 6 frames because quans d1 is. I mean they're both normals right?

They're different tools, used by characters with different gameplans(one of which isn't even released yet. So relax.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Did it seem fair how Smoke's phase away toward worked compared to Freddy's teleport in MK9?