What's new

Does Black Manta Still Have a Chance to Make It into Injustice 2?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Im in the minority here, but I am thinking that scarecrow is going to be a premium costume for joker. Laughing gas , fear gas. Just a theory.
If the leaked lists are to be believed (and so far they've been 100% correct), then Scarecrow and Joker are both in as full characters. Scarecrow fights with a scythe on a chain.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
If the leak list is to believed. Thats Batman, Robin, Harley, Poison Ivy, Bane, Joker, Catwoman, and Scarecrow Right? Man. and i'm here hoping just just one more aqua man character.
Yeah, I'll consider it a hate crime if Black Manta doesn't make it in. But really, look at the dlc costumes of I1 characters; Batman and Superman each had like 1,000 costumes while some other characters literally only had their default. Expect Batman and Superman to be treated like royalty in this game as well, with all of the villains and costumes you could shake a stick at. Expect Aquaman and others to get the shaft pretty hard.

KCJ506

Noob
The only way I see him being playable is if by any chance NRS replaced him in the Atlantis stage transition with someone like Ocean Master.

People keep trying to compare Martian Manhunter appearing in the background of the Watchtower stage. Difference is MMH simply appeared in the background and didn't interact with the characters in anyway. And when he became playable, he was simply removed from the background whenever he was being used on that stage. Similar to how in MK9 when Kitana and Skarlet didn't appear in the background were being used in the Coliseum stage. Black Manta however is apart of a stage transition that actually attacks whoever gets knocked through the ever.(ala Darkseid in Injustice 1)

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The only way I see him being playable is if by any chance NRS replaced him in the Atlantis stage transition with someone like Ocean Master.

People keep trying to compare Martian Manhunter appearing in the background of the Watchtower stage. Difference is MMH simply appeared in the background and didn't interact with the characters in anyway. And when he became playable, he was simply removed from the background whenever he was being used on that stage. Similar to how in MK9 when Kitana and Skarlet didn't appear in the background were being used in the Coliseum stage. Black Manta however is apart of a stage transition that actually attacks whoever gets knocked through the ever.(ala Darkseid in Injustice 1)
Doomsday was an interactable.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I don't think he ll be DLC, his chances are very slim.

I would rather have Mera to represent Aquaman's world than Black Manta who doesn't have much going for him in terms of moveset.

We already have 2 characters with eye beams in game and Darkseid is pre-order bonus. There are bunch of different characters with swords and other bladed weapons.

Ocean master can be a premium skin for Aquaman though.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't think he ll be DLC, his chances are very slim.

I would rather have Mera to represent Aquaman's world than Black Manta who doesn't have much going for him in terms of moveset.

We already have 2 characters with eye beams in game and Darkseid is pre-order bonus. There are bunch of different characters with swords and other bladed weapons.

Ocean master can be a premium skin for Aquaman though.
Black Manta is basically an underwater Doctor Doom, so really there's no limit to what his move set could be. They could make him a summoner, calling on his henchmen and monsters to fight for him, they could make him use his dual swords or his laser weapons, he could be a Lex-type set-up/trap character. The other eye-beam characters are also all Power characters; Manta could easily be a "tech" character, which would differentiate him significantly from those others.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Black Manta is basically an underwater Doctor Doom, so really there's no limit to what his move set could be. They could make him a summoner, calling on his henchmen and monsters to fight for him, they could make him use his dual swords or his laser weapons, he could be a Lex-type set-up/trap character. The other eye-beam characters are also all Power characters; Manta could easily be a "tech" character, which would differentiate him significantly from those others.
I know we all exaggerate the characters we love but you are reaching new levels brah, no you are literally space jamming. Being a zoner, rushdown or trap character are just play styles not unique abilities/powers that make him standout. He has zero abilities/powers that are not already in game.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
How do you depict strength in a fighting game? Literally every character is strong because of pills but they have unique weapons, gadgets and powers they use in a match. We already have 3-5 characters with bladed weapons and possibly 2-3 more are coming. Manta's swords are just swords, they don't do anything special.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
How do you depict strength in a fighting game? Literally every character is strong because of pills but they have unique weapons, gadgets and powers they use in a match. We already have 3-5 characters with bladed weapons and possibly 2-3 more are coming. Manta's swords are just swords, they don't do anything special.
Injustice 1 had 3 bat family characters, 2 kryptonians, 2 Lantern characters, and they all played totally different.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Injustice 1 had 3 bat family characters, 2 kryptonians, 2 Lantern characters, and they all played totally different.
Bat characters are martial artists with tons of gadgets. As long as their gadgets are different and do different things it's fine. I don't like batgirl as a character, to be honest with you I don't like any of boy/girl sidekick characters but to say batgirl's moves were same as batman is BS.

Zod wasn't kryptonian, he was crazy gun guy with lasers. He should have been a skin for superman. The moveset they gave him did not fit his character.

You can make a whole game filled with nothing but lantern characters and still give them different moves. Do you know why? It's because they are the most versatile characters in game. There are some alien lanterns who have abilities of their own + ring.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
While I was watching the 13 minute gameplay of Black Canary (Which looks great) I noticed that Black Manta was still in the Atlantis transition. Does anyone think that Black Manta still has a chance to make it into Injustice 2. Or is Aquaman the only "Aquaman" character that we are going to get. I would be happy as can be if Mera made it, But If Black Manta can't make the cut. Chances are starting to look bleak.
So you're saying that...

... it would be your wet dream to have Black Manta in i2? :DOGE

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Alex is in the Background of a stage in SFV.

Martian Man Hunter was in the background of a stage in injustice 1.

Classic Noob Saibot & Smoke battles in MK9

All cases of stage folk being playable.

Him being an actual interactable though I say your shot is 50/50. Manta on Manta violence would be weird though. Unless the playable one is his son with classing BM gear.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
probably not since he's a transition but he should have been in the roster, theyre gonna add scarecrow instead of him which just doesnt make any sense imo
Manta's a foreigner. He might be out by presidential decree. :p

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I say anybody has a chance at this point. Remember that Martian Manhunter used to be in the background of a stage.

Personally, if Black Manta is included, at worst he's a premium skin for Aquaman. At best, he's a straight new character.
And Doomsday is in the background of the Fortress of Solitude stage.

Being in the background or part of a stage transition doesn't necessarily rule any character out. I'd love to see Black Manta added. I'll gladly trade Black Canary for him.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I know we all exaggerate the characters we love but you are reaching new levels brah, no you are literally space jamming. Being a zoner, rushdown or trap character are just play styles not unique abilities/powers that make him standout. He has zero abilities/powers that are not already in game.
I'm actually a pretty well-known space jammer... But in any case, his main "power" is that he's a super inventor. In comics, technology is basically magic, and magic can do anything. So by the powers of the transitive property, that means Black Manta could literally have any ability and it would make sense. Hell, they could have him be a costume for Poison Ivy and it could make 100% sense ("Oh no, my sexy plant machine has exploded, and now I'm a plant man with boobs! What will my fish think?!").

Last edited: