What's new

Does Black Manta Still Have a Chance to Make It into Injustice 2?

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
While I was watching the 13 minute gameplay of Black Canary (Which looks great) I noticed that Black Manta was still in the Atlantis transition. Does anyone think that Black Manta still has a chance to make it into Injustice 2. Or is Aquaman the only "Aquaman" character that we are going to get. I would be happy as can be if Mera made it, But If Black Manta can't make the cut. Chances are starting to look bleak.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I say anybody has a chance at this point. Remember that Martian Manhunter used to be in the background of a stage.

Personally, if Black Manta is included, at worst he's a premium skin for Aquaman. At best, he's a straight new character.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
With Aquaman included in the JL movie, the Aquaman solo coming up and Black Manta potentially being a villain... they'd have good reasons to include him.

Remember Doomsday interactable in the fortress of solitude and MMH background cameo, I don't think it hurts his chances to be part of a transition. If anything, his model actually looks pretty good.

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
With Aquaman included in the JL movie, the Aquaman solo coming up and Black Manta potentially being a villain... they'd have good reasons to include him.

Remember Doomsday interactable in the fortress of solitude and MMH background cameo, I don't think it hurts his chances to be part of a transition. If anything, his model actually looks pretty good.
I was hoping this would be the case. Also, like people say 9 DLC characters are a lot.

I doubt he's in the launch roster because of the stage transition but I agree, like MMH in Injustice, there is nothing holding him back from DLC.

There is a Justice League movie coming out soon with a Mera cameo and a year later there is an Aquaman movie. Black Manta is Aquaman's most well known villain so I'd assume he's in that movie. I'm betting either Mera or Black Manta will be a DLC character as a way to cross promote between game and movie. That's how we got Zod in Injustice 1.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Since he is part of the stage transition I'm gonna say that it's very unlikely he will become playable

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Even if he doesn't make it in as DLC, there's still a great chance he'll be in as a specific costume.

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
I doubt he's in the launch roster because of the stage transition but I agree, like MMH in Injustice, there is nothing holding him back from DLC.

There is a Justice League movie coming out soon with a Mera cameo and a year later there is an Aquaman movie. Black Manta is Aquaman's most well known villain so I'd assume he's in that movie. I'm betting either Mera or Black Manta will be a DLC character as a way to cross promote between game and movie. That's how we got Zod in Injustice 1.
I like the way you think sir.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I dont think his chances are high, but we might get him. If we got another Aquaman character I would be more interested in having Mera, or even Ocean Master, before him but he would still be cool.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
As DLC, I'd say he has a chance to be a premier skin for Aquaman. I only say that because he just so happens to be using a trident in the transition (something Aquaman has, that he has never used). My only disappointment is he wouldn't have any laser beam attacks via his helmet.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I'd say he or Mera have decent chances of making it as DLC. I say Mera because they'll need at least two female characters (probably) and sometimes they go with somewhat left-field, semi-popular-ish choices for them (Batgirl, and maybe two people asked for Tanya in MKX).

Both will also be in movies soon too, which helps.