What's new

Does Batgirl Make IGAU Better or Worse?

Is IGAU better with or without Batgirl?

• Total voters

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Batgirl is considered by many to be the best character in Injustice: Gods Among Us. Now that the first game is in it's final form and the sequel is just around the corner, I figure the question should be asked; Does Batgirl make IGAU a more or less enjoyable game? Please vote and discuss.

There's a thread for each of the DLC characters if you're interested.
Lobo
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-lobo-make-igau-better-or-worse.62226/
Martian Manhunter
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-martian-manhunter-make-igau-better-or-worse.62084/
Scorpion
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-scorpion-make-igau-better-or-worse.61529/
Zatanna
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-zatanna-make-igau-better-or-worse.62513/
Zod
https://testyourmight.com/threads/does-zod-make-igau-better-or-worse.62365/

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
As strong a character as BG is, MMH and AM are better characters but their gameplay doesn't revolve around 50/50s as much so they are less hated.

Flash is (in my opinion) basically just as bad as batgirl but never seems to cop the same flack for whatever reason.

Obviously as a batgirl player I highly enjoyed playing her. I would've also enjoyed it if they gave her better footsie tools and took away her overhead too. The character's dialogue, her aesthetic and just the way she feels is so true to the batgirl character, I feel they did her so well. I liked the game more for her being in it, but I would've been just as happy if she wasn't as strong.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I don't see why anyone would vote "she makes the game better".
Maybe someone that doesn't have a competitive player's perspective, or had any idea if she was good or bad or could even do the OP stuff even if they had known about it? Maybe someone who played the game a little bit and was glad to see a character they liked in a game they were playing, or someone who named their phone Barbara Gordon for reasons completely unrelated to IGAU. Maybe that person would say something like that.

Is there any reason to think she would remained unbalanced in IJ2?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Maybe someone that doesn't have a competitive player's perspective, or had any idea if she was good or bad or could even do the OP stuff even if they had known about it? Maybe someone who played the game a little bit and was glad to see a character they liked in a game they were playing, or someone who named their phone Barbara Gordon for reasons completely unrelated to IGAU. Maybe that person would say something like that.

Is there any reason to think she would remained unbalanced in IJ2?
Thats great, so happy for you.

But why the fuck would you name your phone ? XD

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Thats great, so happy for you.

But why the fuck would you name your phone ? XD
It wants to be named. I'm a rare Windows phone owner. The name shows up when you attach it to the computer. It's pretty low commitment and can be changed any time.
My last phone was named Rock Howard. this one got named Barbara Gordon, wrapped in a cap America case, and is attached to O'Hara Wi-Fi.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Fact: Batgirl goes 5-5 against more than half of the rosters of IGAU. She has almost zero 7-3 matchups (except for Cyborg but that's because he's overnerfed)
Zod, despite being #4 after Batgirl, loses to 3 characters, goes even against like 4, and bodies the rest. Zod - Lex is a 9-1 matchup

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
You are a smart person.You know that nowhere in that post was it stated that she is the best.

I will ask anybody who believes she isn't to read the last sentence of this match-up chart... https://testyourmight.com/threads/sonicfoxs-batgirl-matchup-chart-with-description.45928/
I understand, but my point was directed at those that think that she is the best.

Tbh, I think it's pointless singling out any of the top 5 in that game. They're all equally culpable in fucking up the game i.e. If you nerfed any one of the top 5, but left any of the others untouched, then you've wasted your time.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Batgirl epitomises what we all hate. The reason she gets more flack than the Flash is because she forces you to guess whereas you usually have a chance to escape vs Flash, due to meterless invincible wakeups.

That being said, she is by far the minority. There aren't many characters like Batgirl in Injustice who force you to guess with meterless vortexes and ridiculously high corner damage. She doesn't make the game any better or worse than Aquaman or MMH.

omooba

fear the moobs
don't know to much about injustice but i know that top three were zod, martian and batgirl. zoning, spacecontrol/set ups and vortex. making top 3 very different types of characters. If removing batgirl makes 3rd place more similar to 1st or 2nd then i'd say she's better for the game

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
As much as I give Flash players a lot of grief by calling that character braindead (Not you @Braindead), Batgirl made things much worse with that god-awful safe vortex and mindgames from her Smoke Bomb. Not to mention she has a borderline infinite on the Wayne manor courtyard on the left side if the car isn't thrown.

I get it though, Martian, Aquaman and Zod were different beasts of their own right...and rightfully so...but there was something with BG that gave an awful premonition that affected MKX...her playstyle literally carried on to that game and I hate it for that reason.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
I think BG could possibly be the best.
Anyway she didn't make a difference IMO. The game was always flawed from a mechanical standpoint but IMO she was the least hype high tier character.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
As much as I give Flash players a lot of grief by calling that character braindead (Not you @Braindead), Batgirl made things much worse with that god-awful safe vortex and mindgames from her Smoke Bomb. Not to mention she has a borderline infinite on the Wayne manor courtyard on the left side if the car isn't thrown.

I get it though, Martian, Aquaman and Zod were different beasts of their own right...and rightfully so...but there was something with BG that gave an awful premonition that affected MKX...her playstyle literally carried on to that game and I hate it for that reason.
Just hold up and it won't launch for the reset.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Didnt play injustice but i know batgirl was a vortex character. What was so good about zod mmh and AM?

Didnt play injustice but i know batgirl was a vortex character. What was so good about zod mmh and AM?
Incredibly strong space control in a very neutral oriented game.

On top of that they had their respective 50/50s, very powerful traits, interactable control, shut down offense while their own offense was still strong, et cetera

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Zod: bodies almost everyone with ONE MOVE. He can have 3 instant air projectiles (which launch on hit for a combo) slowly floating towards the opponent at a moment. His button 4 grants free unescapable unblockable interacable setups (20% each hit). There are many more
MMH: his normals have the range of Alien, with the most broken zoning tool in the game, and a safe OH launching teleport (think what would happen if Ermac's teleport was safe) and godlike wakeup attacks
AM: Alien's normals and trident rush. MB trident rush does 16% chip on block, costs a bar when MB but during all the hits it build back like half of that spent bar. Basically everytime he spends 1 bar you lose 32% chip, even when you do nothing wrong and successfull block his mixups

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Zod on top of being zoning heavy (and damn effective at it) had one of the dumbest traits in the game that shuts EVERYONE down for 5 seconds.

Aquaman could literally slip out of combos if you're not launched, kinda acting like a breaker which hurt a ton of characters.

Then there's Martian...he, just...has it all. Great reach with trait, Great zoning, great 50-50's, dumb teleport attack(s)...just master of everything.

Last edited: