What's new

Question Does anyone Play Black Adam anymore? and where does he stand on the tier lists?

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I'm only on xbox now but rarely come a cross any sort of black adam anymore. Maybe its just me.
Idk if people think he's bad or what(hes super good). I have a bunch of new stuff id like to share and to test to see how full proof it really is.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I still main him and personally believe he's in the top 5. Though I don't argue with "only top 10" placement.
I play on Ps3, and really only offline with a local scene, so unfortunately I can't delve into Psn BA opinions.
What type of tech are you working on? Personally, I've been improving on his pressure game since his zoning and back dash took hits with the Oct. patch. I do think smarter dive kick usage is still a solid strategy and utilize it in my game.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Easily top 5-10. Stuff im working on is strictly strings that cancel into trait and mess with people because your +10000, a 46% meterless combo(probably already been discovered), a massive corner combo, and this weird lightning bomb corner setup.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Easily top 5-10. Stuff im working on is strictly strings that cancel into trait and mess with people because your +10000, a 46% meterless combo(probably already been discovered), a massive corner combo, and this weird lightning bomb corner setup.
Yeah the 46% meterless is known ( starts with b2-trait-22b1.. etc), I use it a lot. I've seen Rico and Smarr use it on stream, too. His best BNB.
It can be extended in the corner to make it 48% meterless. (b2-trait-22b1-nj2-close dive kick-11-Black magic-b23u1+3)
Most of his basic strings can end with trait (112, 113, 13) either on hit or block. I just play around with them and find my personal preference. I like 113 as a block string into trait. 11 and b2 into trait for combos.
Personally I haven't worked with or found much off the lightning bomb. What did you come up with?

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Yeah the 46% meterless is known ( starts with b2-trait-22b1.. etc), I use it a lot. I've seen Rico and Smarr use it on stream, too. His best BNB.
It can be extended in the corner to make it 48% meterless. (b2-trait-22b1-nj2-close dive kick-11-Black magic-b23u1+3)
Most of his basic strings can end with trait (112, 113, 13) either on hit or block. I just play around with them and find my personal preference. I like 113 as a block string into trait. 11 and b2 into trait for combos.
Personally I haven't worked with or found much off the lightning bomb. What did you come up with?
Im saving the lightning bomb stuff until I have thoroughly tested it with everyone to see how viable it actually is.

Theres one corner combo off of a mb dive kick that you can do if they are close to the corner for 50%

Yoaks

A spaceman
He's definitely Top 1o material. I just think ppl stopped playing him cause he isn't as GDLK like he was before patch 1.06. I still play him from time to time. He's like my 4th main.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
I main black adam as well , but he's not top 10 , not because he's not a great charactor , but simply because there are more than 10 characters that are better than him . Definitely not top 5.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I main black adam as well , but he's not top 10 , not because he's not a great charactor , but simply because there are more than 10 characters that are better than him . Definitely not top 5.
Who beats him, I dont see any losing mu's in my opinion, even yes but no losing, zod is the toughest for me. I'll add you later today too

I think BA isn't used anymore because most people online are just playing casually and are typically are not willing to put in the time to make him work. He's still a powerful character offline but there are other characters who give him a run for his money i.e. MMH, WW, Superman, Aquaman, etc...

E

Eldriken

I think we played earlier today, @Clark Luthor.

You definitely did things differently compared to other Bladams I've come across.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I think BA isn't used anymore because most people online are just playing casually and are typically are not willing to put in the time to make him work. He's still a powerful character offline but there are other characters who give him a run for his money i.e. MMH, WW, Superman, Aquaman, etc...
Superman isnt as bad as people think, his air laser is super punishable if not mb(yet people still do it) , I think he deals with mmh and ww same as anyone else, aquaman is a little tough since low lightning doesnt trade with from the deep but still even.

Superman isnt as bad as people think, his air laser is super punishable if not mb(yet people still do it) , I think he deals with mmh and ww same as anyone else, aquaman is a little tough since low lightning doesnt trade with from the deep but still even.
I also think the fact that BA doesn't have any low starting strings for him to abuse hurts his viability compared to other characters. He can mix up with the low lighting but that would end the combo. Don't get me wrong, I do think that BA is even with the likes of superman and aquaman, it's just that he has a tougher learning curve.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Who beats him, I dont see any losing mu's in my opinion, even yes but no losing, zod is the toughest for me. I'll add you later today too
zod cockslaps adam bad , and its not bad matchups that hold him back , it's just the plain and simple fact that their are better characters out there.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
He is still awesome, don't let tournament results define a character.

zod cockslaps adam bad , and its not bad matchups that hold him back , it's just the plain and simple fact that their are better characters out there.
Zod, Sinestro, Cyborg give him problems in my opinion. I haven't played Black Adam for a while though things may have changed.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
He is is a fairly high execution charactor , and since he doesnt have a 50/50 like half the cast , you usually have read well and outplay your opponent to win with this character in high level play , he's not dirty like he used to be!

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Aquaman beats adam IMO . Your launchers can be slipped right out of , they can predict your throw and tech them ( because that and low lightning become your only potential mixups on block) he can blow up dive kick , he out damages him with trident rush , he out zones him , he has better range on his normals , its just not a good mu at all , Martian beats him as well.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Aquaman beats adam IMO . Your launchers can be slipped right out of , they can predict your throw and tech them ( because that and low lightning become your only potential mixups on block) he can blow up dive kick , he out damages him with trident rush , he out zones him , he has better range on his normals , its just not a good mu at all , Martian beats him as well.
Any body can blow up a dive kick with a well timed mb b3, instant air divekicks though.... soooo fast