What's new

Does anyone know of a good low input lag Monitor?

I'm starting to take fighting games more seriously. So in an earnest attempt to do so I've finally decided to get a monitor which would replace my 720p Plasma from 2008 (I know, I know). I'm looking for something that has little to no input lag or motion blur (ghosting?), and can output at 1080p. This Monitor will also be primarily used for console gaming.

Does anyone have any known recommendations? Maybe something that the pros swear by? I just wanna get the most bang for my buck.

Below is a monitor that I've found that looks good to me. But again I'm lost as to whether or not this is the right monitor for what I need.

Asus VG248QE - $219.99 ($179.99 at Best Buy during Black Friday)

Specs:
Refresh Rate: 144 HZ
Response Time - 1m
Input lag - 13ms (source)

I'd really appreciate some help.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
The BenQ gaming series is a super good choice

It's what most majors use and its what I use now always at sub 10 latency too

Oh response time doesn't represent the input delay. Response time is G2G which means grey to grey as in how long it takes to transit. This would represent visual lag more

But most don't advertise the input delay you have to find out that yourself

Last edited:

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
@IrishMantis @Scott The Scot @Boss Savage
Do you guys still use this monitor?
Where can I purchase one, as that link says it is 'discontinued'?

• Screen Size (Inches) - 24.0

Screen Type - LED LCD - Flat

Monitor Resolution - FHD (1920x1080)

Monitor Format - Flat screen

Refresh Rate (Hz) - 60

Contrast Ratio - 1000:1

Response Time (ms) - 1.0
This is the specs for one I was looking at, no idea if any of those mean anything cause I don't understand any of it lol, was hoping you guys could help; it's a BenQ Zowie RL2455HM

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
The BenQ's have all the right specs, and deliver on them. Sadly, some of their monitors have an annoying habit of not handshaking to consoles sometimes while using HDMI connections. Some power-ons require manually going into the menu, and re-selecting your input type. Just a warning.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yeah I still use it. Shame it's discontinued, I'd check around different online shops as I'm sure somebody must still have stock available.

Refresh Rate (Hz) - 60

Response Time (ms) - 1.0
This is the specs for one I was looking at, no idea if any of those mean anything cause I don't understand any of it lol, was hoping you guys could help; it's a BenQ Zowie RL2455HM
The BenQ RL2460HT is pretty much the same monitor with the same specs I believe. But slightly improved. It's the one I decided on and I highly recommend it.

Edit:

Just double checked and the BenQ RL2460HT is almost a complete copy of the RL2455HM

So if you could get your hands on a RL2460HT I'd do it.

The BenQ's have all the right specs, and deliver on them. Sadly, some of their monitors have an annoying habit of not handshaking to consoles sometimes while using HDMI connections. Some power-ons require manually going into the menu, and re-selecting your input type. Just a warning.
Yeah I've been having this issue with the xbone. Surprisingly it's just the xbone suffering from this. Everytime I start up my PS4 the monitor turns on automatically, while when I turn on the xbone I have to unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the console and plug it back it to get the monitor to pick up the signal.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!

Refresh Rate (Hz) - 60

Response Time (ms) - 1.0
Try Amazon?

I love this monitor still.