What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Does anyone else hate that stigma Scorpion has that he's for beginner players or "noobs"?

FOXSOLID

Noob
I played MK since it's inception and I naturally gravitated towards him for his character and appearance.

Fast forward to today and a lot of people are making him look spammy and annoying to other people.

Naturally, when I pick him now, I can't help but feel the person on the other end thinks I'm gonna teleport 47 times so they just try to block a lot more than the average person.

I'm sure other characters suffer from this too.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Easy combos, easy neutral strings, tracking tele, tracking unblockable and has a pretty big random factor.

But I think most people are saying he's easy/noob friendly in casual or online settings.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I played MK since it's inception and I naturally gravitated towards him for his character and appearance.

Fast forward to today and a lot of people are making him look spammy and annoying to other people.

Naturally, when I pick him now, I can't help but feel the person on the other end thinks I'm gonna teleport 47 times so they just try to block a lot more than the average person.

I'm sure other characters suffer from this too.
Inception.
Gravity.
47 Ronin.
Attack the Block.
The Others.

Inception stars Leonardo Decaprio. Leo and Capricorn are star signs. 'C', the second star sign is the third letter of the anglo saxon english alphabet. 3 zodiac signs from a Leo is Scorpio. The Scorpion.

Gravity, personified by Newton's equation F = Gm1m2/r2 pulls objects down to the earth. Scorpion is from the Netherrealm, a realm beneath the earth, and has used attacks where foes are pulled down in tandem with gravity towards this hellish abode.

47 Ronin: is a film based on a distinct fighting style that can be seen emulated by Scorpion.

Attack the Block:
The 47th second of this video
Sees the lyrics follow a pattern T, A, S, T, T,P, W,M,P,A,G,A,F,F,F,A,A,C,C.
There's
A
Snitch
Tell
The
Pigs
Where
My
Props
Are etc.
This pattern appears in the code when you inspect the element on a browser other than mozilla or internet explorer, and reads, with the capital letters spelling something that looks like σκορπίος, which is Greek for the latin word Scorpios.

The Others: Is a film starring Nicole Kidman. Here's a fun fact: "Nicole Kidman originally tried to persuade Alejandro Amenábar and the Weinstein brothers to find another actress for the part. Coming off the bright and exuberant Moulin Rouge!(2001), the actress was initially reluctant to do a film that explored such dark places." After his decline, she laughed to interviewers as an 'omen' was found in her room; a small scorpion that seemed poisonous. Alejandro assured her that her 'omen' was false due to the fact that it was a prop scorpion.

FOXSOLID is Illuminati. Do not agree or disagree with anything he says about Scorpion. Mods close this topic at once.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Inception.
Gravity.
47 Ronin.
Attack the Block.
The Others.

Inception stars Leonardo Decaprio. Leo and Capricorn are star signs. 'C', the second star sign is the third letter of the anglo saxon english alphabet. 3 zodiac signs from a Leo is Scorpio. The Scorpion.

Gravity, personified by Newton's equation F = Gm1m2/r2 pulls objects down to the earth. Scorpion is from the Netherrealm, a realm beneath the earth, and has used attacks where foes are pulled down in tandem with gravity towards this hellish abode.

47 Ronin: is a film based on a distinct fighting style that can be seen emulated by Scorpion.

Attack the Block:
There's
A
Snitch
Tell
The
Pigs
Where
My
Props
Are etc.
This pattern appears when you inspect the element on a browser other than mozilla or internet explorer, and reads, with the capital letters spelling something that looks like σκορπίος, which is Greek for the latin word Scorpios.

The Others: Is a film starring Nicole Kidman. Here's a fun fact: "Nicole Kidman originally tried to persuade Alejandro Amenábar and the Weinstein brothers to find another actress for the part. Coming off the bright and exuberant Moulin Rouge!(2001), the actress was initially reluctant to do a film that explored such dark places." After his decline, she laughed to interviewers as an 'omen' was found in her room; a small scorpion that seemed poisonous. Alejandro assured her that her 'omen' was false due to the fact that it was a prop scorpion.

FOXSOLID is Illuminati. Do not agree or disagree with anything he says about Scorpion. Mods close this topic at once.
This joke was far too complex compared to your usual style. I am glad to see you are trying expand your style to be more inclusive. However this one includes too much information and goes right over most peoples heads. I give 7/10. I gave you extra points for trying something new.

gamesun

Noob
Never really bothered me, I just play which ever is fun, if an over powered character is fun then I'll play him or if a weak one is fun then I'll play that one.

eolson3

Noob
Why do you care what your opponent thunks about your motivations? If that is what they expect, then you have an advantage.

E

Reactions: d3v

FOXSOLID

Noob
Inception.
Gravity.
47 Ronin.
Attack the Block.
The Others.

Attack the Block:
There's
A
Snitch
Tell
The
Pigs
Where
My
Props
Are etc.
This pattern appears in the code when you inspect the element on a browser other than mozilla or internet explorer, and reads, with the capital letters spelling something that looks like σκορπίος, which is Greek for the latin word Scorpios.

That was....dude....I don't even.....

Espio

Kokomo
I dunno why people care or take offense if a character is labelled as beginner friendly, if you like him or her play them. Every fighting game has a beginner friendly character and that's a great thing because people are at different places when they pick up a game.

And tiers have nothing to do with accessibility so I dunno why that's being mentioned. Whether a character is mid, low or top tier has nothing to do with whether or not they're easier to pick up than others on the roster.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I wasn't aware of this stigma.

From my knowledge, people do not gravitate towards Scorpion because he's noob-friendly. They gravitate towards him because he has the coolest character design, best back story, a badass personality, an awesome spear, and says, "Get Over Here!" He is the fan favorite character and face of Mortal Kombat, and anyone who thinks you're just going to spam shit as him has not looked at your trueskill.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I dunno why people care or take offense if a character is labelled as beginner friendly, if you like him or her play them. Every fighting game has a beginner friendly character and that's a great thing because people are at different places when they pick up a game.

And tiers have nothing to do with accessibility so I dunno why that's being mentioned. Whether a character is mid, low or top tier has nothing to do with whether or not they're easier to pick up than others on the roster.

You're confusing two separate things--just because a high percentage of new and casual players pick a particular character does not mean the character is beginner/casual friendly. Scorpion is anything but beginner/casual friendly--he gets blown up. Yes, every time someone picks Scorpion I definitely laugh to myself and await the barrage of teleports that I will inevitably full combo punish until a rage quit occurs, but it's only because I know that a lot of beginner/casual players pick Scorpion and not because Scorpion is a beginner/casual player friendly character.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
It's just because he's one of the two poster boy's for the series. Look at the flack Ryu, and Ken get. I'm surprised Sol Badguy, and Ky don't get this treatment.

IROC

WP IROC
You're confusing two separate things--just because a high percentage of new and casual players pick a particular character does not mean the character is beginner/casual friendly. Scorpion is anything but beginner/casual friendly--he gets blown up. Yes, every time someone picks Scorpion I definitely laugh to myself and await the barrage of teleports that I will inevitably full combo punish until a rage quit occurs, but it's only because I know that a lot of beginner/casual players pick Scorpion and not because Scorpion is a beginner/casual player friendly character.
I couldnt agree more. But i will say, it was a short lived BLAST when i made another incognito profile to fight the higher ups with scorpion and just see THEM rage quit or throw a fit on thier mic. Because they expected what u described lol.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
@OP

Have you seen high level players play Kabal ? I you have then you can safely "spam" all day knowing that the very best players of MK in the world rely on spamming. Besides, Scorpion is hardly a spammer and he is also low tier. He may be user friendly but ultimately he is a very fair character match-up wise.