What's new

Doctor Fate General Discussion

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Shouldn't they add far red ankh drop to the movelist like they did Jacqui's stanky leg? I feel like part of the difficulty with Fate in the beginning was not knowing that that exists lol. Obviously now it's common knowledge but I still think they should put it in there.
Agreed, they should also fix the frame data -_-

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
They still haven't added it in? That's.. kinda lazy.

Or maybe NRS doesn't even know about the move? :confused:

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I LOVE Dr. Fate wish I would have mained him since the beginning he's very complex I've been playing him nonstop for a couple months I think he is Top Tier with only a few losing matchups that are still winnable for sure . My Fate is coming together very nicely.

I did my thing with Cold I just wanted to prove he was a good character and Sonicfox kind of already did that so I've put him on the sideline

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Fate is awesome and I can only see him getting better. Hopefully after the next patch Deadshot won't be quite as hard of a counter to where a second character isn't necessary by default.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Was anyone else screaming for Dragon to punish Theo's jumps with MB orb? The dude let him get away with air lasers everytime despite having an orb under him.

So i've been playing fate for a while now but the one thing i've never understood how to use properly is his ankhs (db3). I dont know whens a good time to summon it so I almost never use them. Also even when I do summon them I dont know how best to use them. I.E. is it best to save up 3 then use them all at once or use 1 at a time and is it best to wait and use them in trait for pressure, combo extensions and keep away, or just use them as soon as I get them, whether I am in trait or not.

If someone could let me know how you think is best to use ankhs i'd be grateful. Thanks

i need to be spoonfed how IIburritosII does those combos where he does 4- mb pointfinger projectile then the trait anchs continue the combo, what is going on with all that it doesn't work for me

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
So i've been playing fate for a while now but the one thing i've never understood how to use properly is his ankhs (db3). I dont know whens a good time to summon it so I almost never use them. Also even when I do summon them I dont know how best to use them. I.E. is it best to save up 3 then use them all at once or use 1 at a time and is it best to wait and use them in trait for pressure, combo extensions and keep away, or just use them as soon as I get them, whether I am in trait or not.

If someone could let me know how you think is best to use ankhs i'd be grateful. Thanks
Whenever you land a stray hit is always a good time for ex. hit them with a fireball or orb

You can meter burn an orb and stay behind it to build ankhs

Or end combos into db3 good ender for this are

211 , f2u3 , b1d32 , 112

I tend to like only building two bcuz sometimes if you have three and you throw them on your opp the last one will whiff so I just build 2 stick them on them then wait for an opportunity to build and throw the last one on them since the other stay stuck to the opp for a short period of time

Once they get hit by the beam or block it then I build more ankhs or go into trait then build an ankh

It's really hard to explain when you should b using them that's what makes Fate so complex you just have to judge the situation you are in if you are zoning them use the Far ankh to keep them away if you are comboing them end in 211 into far ankh for pressure or use it to extend your combos it's really all up to you that's what makes them so versatile can b used for offense defense setups etc.

Tweedy

Noob
i need to be spoonfed how IIburritosII does those combos where he does 4- mb pointfinger projectile then the trait anchs continue the combo, what is going on with all that it doesn't work for me

I used to play his Wonder Woman and he would do upward bash combos midscreen. He did them so much that I assumed they were typical bnbs. Never seen them from another one tho. He's just a swag monster.

Whenever you land a stray hit is always a good time for ex. hit them with a fireball or orb

You can meter burn an orb and stay behind it to build ankhs

Or end combos into db3 good ender for this are

211 , f2u3 , b1d32 , 112

I tend to like only building two bcuz sometimes if you have three and you throw them on your opp the last one will whiff so I just build 2 stick them on them then wait for an opportunity to build and throw the last one on them since the other stay stuck to the opp for a short period of time

Once they get hit by the beam or block it then I build more ankhs or go into trait then build an ankh

It's really hard to explain when you should b using them that's what makes Fate so complex you just have to judge the situation you are in if you are zoning them use the Far ankh to keep them away if you are comboing them end in 211 into far ankh for pressure or use it to extend your combos it's really all up to you that's what makes them so versatile can b used for offense defense setups etc.
Thanks for the advice on his ankhs, I'll definitely start trying more to incorporate his ankhs into my play

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Thanks for the advice on his ankhs, I'll definitely start trying more to incorporate his ankhs into my play
Sure no problem , yes it's really vital that u use them if you want to play Fate to his highest potential

I would recommend watching as many videos of good Fate players as you can I know there is some of Bdon he makes great use of the ankhs I'll work on posting videos as well when I get a chance also check out my YouTube channel I got a couple examples of combos and setups with ankhs

YouTube : bltemperorninequads

Jugghead

Noob
Hello Fate mains, I'm curious what the general consensus is with you guys on how good or bad Fate is. Is he top/mid/low tier?

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Hey guys just wanted to show how to extend damage and also go into setups with trait in the corner

Here is max damage with 2 ankhs

Idk if it's post patch but 2113 seems to pop them up higher than it used to when used at certain heights so It's great for extendin damage while in trait

cool but set another character for wakeup test cause im a BA main and only land that if someone jumps on top of me or does something real dumb

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
cool but set another character for wakeup test cause im a BA main and only land that if someone jumps on top of me or does something real dumb
Other characters can wake up but I can block in time pretty much wanted to show that against Black Adam he has no option but to hold the mixups , grab which also gets u a full combo or continue pressure

Other characters can wake up but I can block in time pretty much wanted to show that against Black Adam he has no option but to hold the mixups , grab which also gets u a full combo or continue pressure
yea if people only knew how open to oki black adam has always been he wouldnt have been nerfed so hard