What's new

Doctor Fate General Discussion

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
im liking fate :)
seems to have the best AA out of the zoners maybe also, b1/b2/3 and d2 all decent imo

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
which aa? back 2? that is his best one but it leaves him standing and u have to be super on point. d2's like cap cold or brainiac that move them to a crouch state are god tier
yea those two but b1 and s3 aint too shabby either :)

yea agree with the crouching d2 thing, like BA aswell

U can do 11 in hit trait canceled into orb hold it and dash cancel it and it looks like it gives u enough advantage to go into a grab

maybe this is the purpose of that dash cancel string. as a punish... if u are traited with an ank, after you dash, they will expect throw... depending out plus u are you might mix it up btw throw and b1 strings? or another 11?

I wish there was a way to hit confirm f2u3 or f2 push.. maybe there is some option select we need to find. how do u ever land a 11 with him other than punish?

f2push alllllllllllll day BUT some characters are emerging to punish like atroc rush punch, beatle d1 traited, batman bats

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
maybe this is the purpose of that dash cancel string. as a punish... if u are traited with an ank, after you dash, they will expect throw... depending out plus u are you might mix it up btw throw and b1 strings? or another 11?

I wish there was a way to hit confirm f2u3 or f2 push.. maybe there is some option select we need to find. how do u ever land a 11 with him other than punish?

f2push alllllllllllll day BUT some characters are emerging to punish like atroc rush punch, beatle d1 traited, batman bats
Not really a way to hit confirm but u can do f2 trait cancel into mb push and it combos

Also looks like 11 might b his best stagger string since its plus 2 im guessing u have to make them block first with an ankh call or a 113 dash cancelled or a mb orb, I was messing with some block pressure once u have 3 ankhs off 113 ankh call or b1d32 (ankh call) was really late when I was testing this and I'm at work now will test it out more when I get home

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Anybody using his dd3? Or is there not that many situations that it'd be useful for?

babalook

Noob
Also if you release all three ankhs when your opponent is blocking your b1d32 all three ankhs will hit, so they can punish you and get hit by the tracking mid or block and idk get grabbed. If you have at least one ankh out, b3 dash d24 b1d2u2 will leave them right next to you in trait for a throw combo or you can release the ankh on your way down from the u2 and go for a somewhat hard to blockable crossup j3. I think having atleast one ankh out will be a core aspect of his game and knowing the spacing of his trait df[3].
I can't test right now, does anyone know if we can make canceling a string into trait safe by releasing a ankh immediately.

Last edited:

babalook

Noob

Not my video but there's some really important shit here, we're all going to need to learn how to release ankhs whilst also canceling a string into ankhs summon. In trait this could potentially lead to decent pressure. Also if you have two ankhs and you end a combo with 2(release the ankhs)11db3 df3 the third ankh can only be avoided with delay tech, so you get all 3 on them .

babalook

Noob
we can cancel trait activation into MB b/f3. so if you have one ankh out releaseing it right as trait activates and canceling trait into MB b3 is pretty safe, also the opponent is probably going to want to attack you out of trait.

babalook

Noob
I know it's a bit early for whining, but god I wish I could swap out his healing orb and interactable lock specials for something else, they are entirely useless to his game plan.