What's new

DOA 6 BETA #2 IS AVAILABLE NOW Till 2/24 & EVO Scandal?

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Its basically a lock at EVO already. They announced their world tour, there's no way they don't already have their dates set in contractual stone. And no world tour is complete without an EVO date. Nothing Mr Wiz can do except sit there and be owned.
Once again they don't announce a tour and then make deals after the fact, this shits already locked in.
Oof.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well, I bought the game just now so... if any of y'all wanna laugh at someone who has no idea how to play DOA, and probably can't even hit you once lol, add me up on PSN. My username is under my name here I think. :)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Americans need to chill out and be more open-minded, when it comes to sex. But then again, maybe that's easy for me to say, since I'm from Europe and we run half-naked all of the time anyway.

Here is an example of an American watching over the top lewdness / sexyness / fan service being put in a mainstream game:

1:10 = Did... did she just really do that..?
1:16 = *Speechless*
Pretty much the same exact about Japan and violence lol, it's funny how different countries see different things as so taboo and not appropriate. I can't say much about Europe though I have heard some countries have banned MK, GTA etc over the years like Germany for example.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'm going to give it a chance. With some left over Steam wallet funds, I was able to get it for $25. Julia is out and super cool, so I may not hop right into it.

Everyone looks pissed about the lobbies, but I've honestly never been in one, so I'm not that triggered.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Pretty much the same exact about Japan and violence lol, it's funny how different countries see different things as so taboo and not appropriate. I can't say much about Europe though I have heard some countries have banned MK, GTA etc over the years like Germany for example.
I am from Germany, so I can comment on that:

1. MK9 is banned in Germany. I had to order the game from Austria, which is one country below Germany. They never ban / cut games. But since it's the same language, the cover and the game were in German. I still play all the games in English though.

2. GTA didn't get banned in Germany. Dying Light however did. All of that is a little bit weird. I think the reasoning behind it is that in GTA your main goal is not killing people all of the time. You can do a lot of other stuff as well. In Dying Light you are pretty much expected to kill a bunch of humanoids every other minutes. And even though they are zombies, it appears as if didn't matter back in the day.

3. I write back in the day, because Germany is more chill nowdays, when it comes to banning games. MKX wasn't banned. It wasn't even cut. Their official reasoning was (no shit) that the game was too brutal. It was brutal to a point, where it was comical and an obvious gory fantasy.
MK11 can also be ordered at the moment, so it's not banned. And I don't even expect it to be cut, since it's even more brutal than MKX. However I'm still paying close attention to how things unfold with MK11. If they do cut the game, I'll have to cancel my Amazon (GER) pre-order and get the game from Austria again. Ain't nobody gonna keep me back from ripping off heads and nuts with mah boi Noob Saibot.

MKF30

I am from Germany, so I can comment on that:

1. MK9 is banned in Germany. I had to order the game from Austria, which is one country below Germany. They never ban / cut games. But since it's the same language, the cover and the game were in German. I still play all the games in English though.

2. GTA didn't get banned in Germany. Dying Light however did. All of that is a little bit weird. I think the reasoning behind it is that in GTA your main goal is not killing people all of the time. You can do a lot of other stuff as well. In Dying Light you are pretty much expected to kill a bunch of humanoids every other minutes. And even though they are zombies, it appears as if didn't matter back in the day.

3. I write back in the day, because Germany is more chill nowdays, when it comes to banning games. MKX wasn't banned. It wasn't even cut. Their official reasoning was (no shit) that the game was too brutal. It was brutal to a point, where it was comical and an obvious gory fantasy.
MK11 can also be ordered at the moment, so it's not banned. And I don't even expect it to be cut, since it's even more brutal than MKX. However I'm still paying close attention to how things unfold with MK11. If they do cut the game, I'll have to cancel my Amazon (GER) pre-order and get the game from Austria again. Ain't nobody gonna keep me back from ripping off heads and nuts with mah boi Noob Saibot.
Ahh ok that's cool, that you're from Germany. I have a few friends from Australia who said MK was banned for years there(certain games) and I believe I think it was Manhunt? But yeah anyway, that sucks about MK 9. Did they fine you guys if you were caught with it in the country? I know Aussy before their ESRB went into effect had a 100,000 fine which is insane. Oh ok, Dying Light. I seem to remember reading some others too were banning MK, GTA, Manhunt etc I think Latvia was one of them had some weird laws.

haha yeah I don't blame ya, that's unfortunate that some places do that. But glad to hear they're more chill and not so OCD over that shit lol. Thankfully here in America, very few games are banned. Though I did want to play Thrill Kill, I'm still puzzled to this day why that was banned since MK is honestly a lot worse among other games.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Did they fine you guys if you were caught with it in the country?
No, the laws just forbid retailers from selling the game. Importing it from another country is perfectly fine.

Though I did want to play Thrill Kill, I'm still puzzled to this day why that was banned since MK is honestly a lot worse among other games.
Isn't Thrill Kill the one old PS1 3D fighting game, where the roster consisted out of various psychopaths?
Lemme ask Uncle Google real quick. Oh yeah. I remember playing that as a kid. Good times.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
MK11 season pass might be rather pricey... but holy shit!
Isn't the MK11 season pass like 30 bucks? I feel like that's a decent price, considering that DLC characters usually cost 5 bucks. So you pay the regular 30 bucks for 6 DLC characters, but on top of that you get like 7 skins and gear items or something.

Overall it is a very, very, very, very pricey game, considering you pay 60 bucks (or in my case 70 euros, which is 80 dollars) for the base game. Then 30 + 30 bucks for two DLC packs. 120 bucks for a game :-7

But at the same time waiting for the ultimate edition, which features everything is also not really an option, since then you can't play the game for one year. If money really is the issue, then you can at the max buy the physical copy of the base game, skip all the DLC and then once the ultimate edition comes out, you sell your base game and buy the ultimate edition. That way you probably end up paying 90 bucks total and saving some money, but you do miss out on the DLC characters for the first year.

I'm personally just gonna beat the crap out of my wallet and buy all the DLC. Which will suck, considering how many other great games are coming out this year. I just ordered the deluxe version of DMC5, which cost me 17 euros more than the standard version would have.

MKF30

No, the laws just forbid retailers from selling the game. Importing it from another country is perfectly fine.
That is rather...interesting. Usually if something is forbid from shelves, importing something usually leads to worse penalties lol. I guess it varies by the country. Very unique.

Isn't Thrill Kill the one old PS1 3D fighting game, where the roster consisted out of various psychopaths?
Lemme ask Uncle Google real quick. Oh yeah. I remember playing that as a kid. Good times.
Yeah lol, pretty much. I mean there was also another game with random people, killers, nuts etc called Eternal Champions and another game called Blood Storm. I think it was cause Thrill Kill had people from hell, were satanic lol. It's nearly impossible to find now on original disc, so people just download the emulator roms online