What's new

Do you want some kind of 4 player mode in MK X?

Should there be some kind of 4 player mode in MK X?

• Yes

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Hmm, not sure think it depends on the mode(undecided)

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Was wondering honestly, I know some fans want the Tag Team mode back which offline and online had 4 players involved(well online you could play with a friend for 2 vs. 2 others online) and offline you could play 4 players, 2 on 2 on a tag team.

But say this comes back, I'm sure it'll offer a 4 player mode again(only makes sense) but I'm think if TT comes back give us more options online such as :

- Give us the ability to go into a "Tag Team room" for individual players making up a team of 2 vs. 2 meaning 4 different players in a room can agree to do a tag team that way. Call it KREATE A TAG TEAM mode.

-Also return the way it worked in MK 9, having 2 players on one xbox vs. 2 players on another Xbox plus having the option of one player controlling 2 characters vs. another player controlling two. Standard Tag Team with one or two players per console.

Or perhaps maybe have a newer Endurance Mode MK 1 and UMK3 style:

-Have it work similar to survivor mode in Injustice, but in classic UMK3 sense. Where you have one or maybe even 2 players on a tag team take on 4 other players in a best out of 3 rounds. Of course this could take forever lol or really short depending on the skill level of the players involved. But could be interesting.

-Have a 1 vs. 3 others option or 2 vs. 4 option online endurance mode.

-Offline have this up from 3 or 4 players. 3 minimum because 1 vs. 2(my friends and I have wanted to do this since MK 9) or 1 vs. 4 endurance mode. However, the team wouldn't work like tag in regards to "tapping out on command" but until you die like it was in UMK3. Once you do, the guy stays on the ground laying down(wasn't a huge fan of the exploding guys) loved the way UMK3 arcade did it. Just seemed cooler.

4 Player Free for all mode:

-A free for all mode, kind of like Def Jam but 2D I guess, like SSB some how I don't know lol.

4 Player Random Kombat mode:

-would work like this, 2 players would fight a standard MK match however the other two would be in the background or not in the background depending just trying to screw them up(with a time pause in between for not being too cheesy) controlling burning fire, throwing ice balls from a far or perhaps a canon far away shooting stuff trying to distract you throughout the match. Similar to how a few of the MK challenges were in Challenge Tower in MK 9.

4 player button mash mode:

Some kind of mode where there's 4 players and kind of like Injustice's missions where you had to out button mash the other player with an energy blast(Green Lantern vs. Superman's heat vision) for example, something like that maybe in MK's case Ermac shooting pure energy, Raiden lightning, Sub would look like his ex freeze or Scorpion fire laser etc. Something where once you hit a certain spot on the meter where you have to mash certain buttons or commands on screen, like a mini game you then have to outmash your opponent's energy beam. This could be team oriented 2 on 2 or perhaps every man for himself depending.

I don't know some ideas for a 4 player mode. Share your thoughts, ideas.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
no way .... only thing that could be fun, it's a 3players-team more or less like KOF series .... but without the tag team gameplay "tag-combo" mechanic showed in MK9 .... just a simple 3 fighters team vs another 3 fighter team

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
They just need better netcode, online was awful in Tag Team, but those are some good Ideas though. I liked it when you beat your opponent that after you defeated them the blew up into pieces lol.

MKF30

Are the million tag kombat threads not enough?
Million tag mode threads? I only saw one lol

no way .... only thing that could be fun, it's a 3players-team more or less like KOF series .... but without the tag team gameplay "tag-combo" mechanic showed in MK9 .... just a simple 3 fighters team vs another 3 fighter team
You mean like classic UMK3 team match, 2 on 2 and 3 vs. 3 via MKT.

@9.95 knows what I'm talking about :) I think the N64 had more options then the PSN version if memory serves me right.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Team match/Tag match is an awesome bonus mode for local play. MK9's tag mode was in incredible for party's. I got so many casual players interested in MK because of it. Hell my girlfriend and I spent hours and hours playing the tag ladder, and challenge tower. I think not including some sort of team/tag mode would be a missed opportunity. I don't care if its balanced for competitive play, its just damn fun for casual local play, and even combo artists on youtube.

MKF30

Team match/Tag match is an awesome bonus mode for local play. MK9's tag mode was in incredible for party's. I got so many casual players interested in MK because of it. Hell my girlfriend and I spent hours and hours playing the tag ladder, and challenge tower. I think not including some sort of team/tag mode would be a missed opportunity. I don't care if its balanced for competitive play, its just damn fun for casual local play, and even combo artists on youtube.
Totally, my friend who's a casual MK guy but hadn't gotten into it since MK 9 and a lot of it was due to the storymode, challenge tower and tag mode. That's why I love NRS games, because they're not afraid to introduce new things, modes, original ideas etc. Even their online KOTH, it's so cool how a fighter like MK introduced theatre mode where you can not just wait and watch for your turn but do things lol like boo, cheer, laugh, throw tomatoes. That was so original lol. Loved it.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Speaking of online, if you playe Blazblue online you can go into alot of rooms in different parts of the world and if you go into a certain room you have an avatar that represents you and you can move around and go on a platform to start a match. It would be cool if MKX has that.

MKF30

Speaking of online, if you playe Blazblue online you can go into alot of rooms in different parts of the world and if you go into a certain room you have an avatar that represents you and you can move around and go on a platform to start a match. It would be cool if MKX has that.
Sounds cool, I have a feeling that new "online thing" they keep talking about is something similar or huge on a worldwide scale. Can't wait!! lol

Justice

Noob
Hell no!

What I would like is some kind of tourney mode where it sets up the brackets and randomized the participants for you. One of the Soul Calibers had this but I think they did it round robin-style and that just sux when you have too many people over :(

Batman2000

4/14/15 Baby!!!!!
Was wondering honestly, I know some fans want the Tag Team mode back which offline and online had 4 players involved(well online you could play with a friend for 2 vs. 2 others online) and offline you could play 4 players, 2 on 2 on a tag team.

But say this comes back, I'm sure it'll offer a 4 player mode again(only makes sense) but I'm think if TT comes back give us more options online such as :

- Give us the ability to go into a "Tag Team room" for individual players making up a team of 2 vs. 2 meaning 4 different players in a room can agree to do a tag team that way. Call it KREATE A TAG TEAM mode.

-Also return the way it worked in MK 9, having 2 players on one xbox vs. 2 players on another Xbox plus having the option of one player controlling 2 characters vs. another player controlling two. Standard Tag Team with one or two players per console.

Or perhaps maybe have a newer Endurance Mode MK 1 and UMK3 style:

-Have it work similar to survivor mode in Injustice, but in classic UMK3 sense. Where you have one or maybe even 2 players on a tag team take on 4 other players in a best out of 3 rounds. Of course this could take forever lol or really short depending on the skill level of the players involved. But could be interesting.

-Have a 1 vs. 3 others option or 2 vs. 4 option online endurance mode.

-Offline have this up from 3 or 4 players. 3 minimum because 1 vs. 2(my friends and I have wanted to do this since MK 9) or 1 vs. 4 endurance mode. However, the team wouldn't work like tag in regards to "tapping out on command" but until you die like it was in UMK3. Once you do, the guy stays on the ground laying down(wasn't a huge fan of the exploding guys) loved the way UMK3 arcade did it. Just seemed cooler.

4 Player Free for all mode:

-A free for all mode, kind of like Def Jam but 2D I guess, like SSB some how I don't know lol.

4 Player Random Kombat mode:

-would work like this, 2 players would fight a standard MK match however the other two would be in the background or not in the background depending just trying to screw them up(with a time pause in between for not being too cheesy) controlling burning fire, throwing ice balls from a far or perhaps a canon far away shooting stuff trying to distract you throughout the match. Similar to how a few of the MK challenges were in Challenge Tower in MK 9.

4 player button mash mode:

Some kind of mode where there's 4 players and kind of like Injustice's missions where you had to out button mash the other player with an energy blast(Green Lantern vs. Superman's heat vision) for example, something like that maybe in MK's case Ermac shooting pure energy, Raiden lightning, Sub would look like his ex freeze or Scorpion fire laser etc. Something where once you hit a certain spot on the meter where you have to mash certain buttons or commands on screen, like a mini game you then have to outmash your opponent's energy beam. This could be team oriented 2 on 2 or perhaps every man for himself depending.

I don't know some ideas for a 4 player mode. Share your thoughts, ideas.
Absolutely, great ideas man :)! I definitely like the classic UMK3 style, where it would be the best out of 2 or 3 rounds. Also, the 4 Player Kombat Kode sounds awesome. Like, both players would have a character(or two) in the background trying to do different things to the opposing player.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I think 4 player modes offline and online adds higher replay value honestly.
Co-Op multiplayer maybe Konquest Mode
Even multiplayer Motor Kombat, Tetris, Chess
I think even a horde mode like extermination or putty patrol would be fun.

I enjoyed Tag Mode a lot when playing local Co-op and extremely casual games. It's not so fun when playing solo though because the tag aspect doesn't mean as much. It wouldn't be as bad if they did a shared life bar kind of thing.

What I would like to see is a Stance Variation mode, where you play 3 rounds against your opponent but have to switch stance after every round. This way you don't have to keep switching back to character select.

MKF30

Why does everyone have to make the most cringe-worthy threads?
How is this cringe worthy exactly dude? Multiplayer offline modes are kind of a big deal now days. Just saying man ;) Now...MK's fatalities THAT makes me cringe. I'm sorry to hear you don't approve :(

Absolutely, great ideas man :)! I definitely like the classic UMK3 style, where it would be the best out of 2 or 3 rounds. Also, the 4 Player Kombat Kode sounds awesome. Like, both players would have a character(or two) in the background trying to do different things to the opposing player.
Thanks! I know I'm SURE people would love that both offline for parties and online in a room specifically for that mode. I think some people need to get out of their little "MK X has to be only one on one tournament game" box they live in. Thankfully, NRS knows the deal and reaches out to the entire fanbase.

Yeah man I mean it would be an every man for himself mode, where the two in the background would also work against each other in a different way as whoever can kill or harm the other two or one of the guys fighting first would win, perhaps the last guy standing has to survive being blasted by the other two for 2 minutes or something. While the other two in the background would have to fight against each other for points of some kind, the two fighting whoever can survive being shot at by the other two WHILE defeating his opponent would win that way out of the 4 as well. So you can see how that could work. It would essentially be every man for himself lol.

Co-Op multiplayer maybe Konquest Mode
Even multiplayer Motor Kombat, Tetris, Chess
I think even a horde mode like extermination or putty patrol would be fun.

Yeah that could work, they did Chess and a MK puzzle already but I would love to see perhaps an updated version of Chess(so that it's real Chess but MK style, where they fight and when you take someone out you kill someone) plus if someone pulls they get the lose too. :) I actually enjoyed MK Chess, and MK racing a lot.

I enjoyed Tag Mode a lot when playing local Co-op and extremely casual games. It's not so fun when playing solo though because the tag aspect doesn't mean as much. It wouldn't be as bad if they did a shared life bar kind of thing.

What I would like to see is a Stance Variation mode, where you play 3 rounds against your opponent but have to switch stance after every round. This way you don't have to keep switching back to character select.
Hmm interesting idea dude.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a 4 player mode,because you know, it's FUN.

Say no more. The TYM community is full of high- skilled and wise designers/ programmers who suggest that such a feature wastes resources. Resources that could be spent on balancing. Yeah. Right.

MKF30

Or perhaps some people want to talk about something other then tournaments 24/7? Just a thought lol.
I'd love to see a 4 player mode,because you know, it's FUN.

Say no more. The TYM community is full of high- skilled and wise designers/ programmers who suggest that such a feature wastes resources. Resources that could be spent on balancing. Yeah. Right.
Exactly! Thank you! There's more to a game than just "tournaments" sure, they're fun, add hype etc but then so does offline multiplayer modes, online modes, etc. Gotta love people who treat MK X as if it should be a one trick pony...fuck that.

Or perhaps some people want to talk about something other then tournaments 24/7? Just a thought lol.

Exactly! Thank you! There's more to a game than just "tournaments" sure, they're fun, add hype etc but then so does offline multiplayer modes, online modes, etc. Gotta love people who treat MK X as if it should be a one trick pony...fuck that.

Tournament viability should be one of their main goals indeed.
People tend forget that MK owes much of it's success to casual gamers. And these guys, have to be happy as well right?
Anyway.. i think that a TAG or whatever 4 player mode is good for all types of gamers. ...But again, "don't include it cause in mk9 was hella broken, so the same applies for MKX…"
Like it really matters.
Like 1VS1 wasn't broken. Kabal, Cyrax and Kenshi were alright.