What's new

Do you think UMK3 will be popular again with MK Kollection?

I remember on 360 there were so many people to play it would freeze your console when trying to find a match. Now last I played it was dead probably because it was taken off the store.

I have "MK9" and all it does is make me crave UMK3....

isamu

Noob
I predict the popularity of the Kollection will largely depend on whether one crucial feature is in or not....live match spectating. If we are allowed to spectate fights in all three games, then I predict you will see massive amounts of people playing the shit out of this kollection. If it doesn't have it however, it will be a ghost town online within two weeks!

Tim Static

Adminerator
you could make rooms with up to 4 players on XBL, with 2 playing and 2 spectating. UMk3 was huge on XBL for a good 2-3 years+ and is still easy to find matches (if you had it before it was removed for purchase). This kollection will spark a big interest for a long time to come. it always does.

marv

Noob
If they really want to promote it, they should take some lessons from Valve. When I buy Kollection I should get an MK2 Cabinet hat for Nightwolf. Or more seriously, this could be how they let everyone get access to all the classic costumes, maybe including some new ones not already on the disk.

If they do it like Alien Swarm, you'd have play a certain amount of time online to get it.

Hopefully it will have 2 on 2 kombat online. Also not being stuck playing with the same two backgrounds every match.

isamu

Noob
Yeah, if they do this release right, then it could wind up being one of my favorite games of 2011. 2+2 online battles, spectating, ggpo-like netcode, man oh man....that would be insane.