What's new

Do you think the next NRS game after MK11, it will be injustice 3?

Derico

Banned
I know their pattern, but i feel they will do something different next...Maybe a Mk or Dc action game, or a new fighting game ip.

I don't know, based on Ed boon posts and polls on twitter recently, looks like he wants a Shaolin Monks style game or a new fighting game (horror icons fighter maybe!?).

Your thoughts?

Gamer68

Fujin!
I want Shaolin Monks 2 because:
  1. The first one was great and a sequel was planned but never happened. It deserves to happen.
  2. It would be more world-building for the MK series which is always nice, especially since MK11 isn't getting a comic series or mobile game like usual for NRS games.
  3. It would be an RPG, not a fighting game. Which means MK11 would still have NRS' fighting game spotlight, and it won't disappear because of Injustice 3 or whatever comes out.

Killusion

Stream addict
Does anyone know how the sales of Injustice 2 were? Vgcharts says it sold about the same amount than the first one (maybe a little less since the first one got released like on every console) but I've heard that site is not really reliable.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Does anyone know how the sales of Injustice 2 were? Vgcharts says it sold about the same amount than the first one (maybe a little less since the first one got released like on every console) but I've heard that site is not really reliable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injustice_2

"This marked the first time a fighting game had taken the top spot since Mortal Kombat X in April 2015. Launch sales for the game in the United Kingdom were also roughly one-third higher than the debut of Injustice: Gods Among Us. Likewise, Injustice 2 was the top-selling game across all platforms in Australia and New Zealand during its first two weeks, and the best-selling game in the United States for the month of May 2017...

...Time Warner declared the game as "the highest-grossing console game in the second quarter of 2017," selling approximately 1.5 million copies in the first three months of its release."

Aside for the stuff on Wikipedia, NRS and WB haven't really talked about the sales of Injustice 2 again. We know the game sold 1.5 million copies within 3 months, but obviously they sold more. I remember hearing that the game sold a little over 2 millions copies, but I have no idea if there's a source for that. At the very least, it seems WB considers the game a success so chances are we will be getting a sequel eventually.

Derico

Banned
Well, i want any game but Injustice.
I really don't like that game...But i respect who like, just a taste thing... Im not into western heroes, only a few from Marvel.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
They could just do a Batman fighting game, since they love to flood the Injustice games with characters from his franchise.

Batman has amazing characters and the best rogues gallery of all time. I suggest this roster:

-Batman
-Nightwing
-Red Hood
-Huntress
-Spoiler
-Joker
-Harley Quinn
-Bane
-Deadshot
-Black Mask
-Mr. Freeze
-Catwoman
-The Scarecrow
-Prometheus
-Ra's al Ghul
-Azrael
-Killer Croc
-Cassandra Cain
-Manbat
-KGBeast
-Riddler
-Hugo Strange
-Copperhead
-Jane Doe
-Etrigan

MK Led

Umbasa
Lol facts let mk11 ride for 4 years
Yeah I'd love to see them break the cycle that's been going since mk9, plus I'm sorta over injustice already, never been a huge DC (or Marvel) person so I'd love to see NRS tackle something else.

My top pick would be a new Shaolin Monks type game, especially since the God of War series has left that sort of game behind; there's not really much to fill its place and NRS are in exactly the right position to do so imo. But that could easily not be possible, in which case I'd love to see a new fighting game IP from them, despite how unlikely that would be considering they pretty much make guaranteed money off mk and inj.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
that ed boon tweet about Marvel vs DC , man , if that happens then WOOOW

But i want Horror Fighting Game , Injustice 3 , MK 11 for 5 years support.

about Wish / Dream game =

Marvel vs DC
MK vs SF vs KI vs Tekken , for PS6