What's new

Do You Think That Armor Breaking Moves Will And Can Be Properly Balanced?

Error404

Noob
It really doesn't make sense for characters that get 30% unbreakble combos to have relaunching armor breakers though.

We'll see what happens , though it's pretty hilarious that characters with no combos get this mechanic. The only way V1 and V3 Spawn get combos outside of KB , is by you, breaking their non-existent combos for whatever reason LOLOLOL.

Spawn's mace opportunities are pretty much just d2 and b12. V3 can get a small launch from an anti air or in the corner but I never see anyone break there, though he could still get the mace in.
Seems to work fine in my experience.

Also if more people armored their stage interactions these moves would be good for a hard read scenario.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Stage armor just costs far too many resources for what you get. I say just make stage interactions have a hit of armor and be done with it. They’re already death on block or whiff in most cases.

Other games being Worse does not make This one Good.
Heck part of the problem is that MK 11 is ALMOST very very good. Some people will never like the playstyle or certain mechanics, and that's fine, but it's hard to look at the roster and say "yeah they're really staying on top of this" when some cast members are dropping KB's left and right, and others have to struggle to even get 2, for seemingly no gain.

It's not even about nerfs, but just...making shit work? A nice polish up on the variations/characters who're struggling would do so much for the fun of this game, and then leave them only needing to hit a few characters/movies (keep the bullshit just make it cost more/riskier)

Denny

Noob
Heck part of the problem is that MK 11 is ALMOST very very good. Some people will never like the playstyle or certain mechanics, and that's fine, but it's hard to look at the roster and say "yeah they're really staying on top of this" when some cast members are dropping KB's left and right, and others have to struggle to even get 2, for seemingly no gain.

It's not even about nerfs, but just...making shit work? A nice polish up on the variations/characters who're struggling would do so much for the fun of this game, and then leave them only needing to hit a few characters/movies (keep the bullshit just make it cost more/riskier)
It's not a Good Game and not because it doesn't have the potential but rather because of all the inconsistencies that we all see and tend to Agree about.

I wouldn't be here posting if I didn't Desire it to be good but until So And So (not going into Details because that tends to rile people up and lose the Point) gets fixed, I reserve the right to Glare at it and Mutter Unpleasantly.

I KNOW I'm setting myself up for Disappointment but I have SO much Faith in Aftermath right now. #fingerscrossed

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
What i m worried about is that there are characters like SK who require meter to use their armor break moves and then you have characters like SZ and Scorpion shown in the KK that require no meter at all to do so. I feel that that alone might affect some MU's. I guess we ll just have to wait and see. Really hyped for Aftermath.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yeah It's def their answer to the characters that have solid damage unbreakable combos where some characters can barely get 2 hits in before launching you. The latter will have more common/more rewarding armor breakers to make breakaways against them riskier.

In theory at least, Geras better have the shittiest armor break ever.

In theory at least, Geras better have the shittiest armor break ever.
I mean this is the balance issue with MK11 in a nutshell. All the parts are mostly fine, it's just how they've been putting them together that makes no sense. Even the bad characters have cool kits, but why play someone who gave up X or Y for Z when you've got geras and the like who give up nothing and get everything.

I'd really rather see gears specialized quite a bit more and given a very conditional amor break, but i wouldn't be that shocked if they put it fucking 1,1

abyson

Noob
if this moves break all the armored option from wake ups to fatal blow youll now have subzero with a sped up mid that was already fast and plus on block running across the screen loaded with a KB in all his variations so now you have to worry about more than just overhead, slide or throw all which have a Krushing blow of their own for unbreakable damage. whew.....

KBGeras is quaking.

Last edited:
I'll wait until we see how it affects the meta before criticizing but, in theory, it just looks like applying a band aid on a broken bone to me.

You can still be breakaway punished with some characters and some characters who struggle to open the opponents will still be affected by this mechanic that comes back every 30 seconds.

You open the opponent, you damage the opponent as a reward. I'm not against a breaker once or twice in a game, but the attacking player should always be at advantage after the said breaker (or a the very least back to neutral). Don't get me wrong, armor breaking moves are better than nothing but it still adds a layer of guessing where it shouldn't have one. What's the point of having a game with almost no 50/50s in the roster if you have to guess everything else ? : taking the risk of teching a throw because of the escape failed KB, cashing out a combo but taking the risk of breakaway/being breakaway punished and now : combo the opponent for full damage or use a armor breaker and potentially wasting a huge amount of damage. Guessing is okay, until a certain point.

The thing I very don't like with the inclusion of the armor breakers is that it shows that they don't plan to scrap or fully rework the breakaway mechanic in the near future.

Maybe I'm wrong - I hope I'm wrong - but I don't think it is gonna change anything.