What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Do you think he'll be back?

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
Yes I'm talking about Quan Chi, not the T-800.

Is there any reference or link to most played/tournament viable characters? It seems that's what would probably influence returning characters the most, besides perhaps fan demand.

Let's face it, no one really "dies" in MK.

Error

DF2+R2
He brought back half the cast, I doubt he didn't have something planned to bring himself back.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Shang Tsung is pretty good, but Quan Chi is the ultimate evil mastermind. Shinnok is... something, he didn't get much grandeur in MKX besides coming up with creative insults.
What I like about them more than Quan Chi is their more "oldish" appearence, Quan Chi clearly has a gym in the Netherrealm while Shang Tsung is not far from stealing souls in a retirement home.

It just my personal character archetype taste though.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Knowing him, he'll most likely be back in some form. Maybe he tethered his soul to the amulet with that spell right before Scorpion killed him. Because he sure as hell wasn't in the Netherrealm after he died.

I cannot friggin wait for Shang to come back though. As much as I like Ermac, I kind of hope his ending comes to fruition. He's literally the perfect source of power for a weakened Shang.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Shang tsung will definitely be in mk11, it's his turn. Maybe Quan should take a break.
I hope that MK11 will have a Deadly Alliance comeback, Liu Kang (with Kitana more or less present) could very well take Quan Chi's place in it as ruler of the Netherrealm. I don't think there would be any better way to mix things up while keeping it loyal to the older games.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
MK11 is when molds will shatter. Raiden is now ruthless and has zero tolerance for any evil thrown at earthrealm. Shinnok has suffered the fate worse than death, Liu Kang is now going to be our main villain rather than protagonist. That game will be a huge change and a big plot point. Should be awesome and if Quan comes back I wouldn't be surprised but I hope they don't bring anyone that isn't alive or already a revenant. This game might not have Mileena which is nuts.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
MK11 is when molds will shatter. Raiden is now ruthless and has zero tolerance for any evil thrown at earthrealm. Shinnok has suffered the fate worse than death, Liu Kang is now going to be our main villain rather than protagonist. That game will be a huge change and a big plot point. Should be awesome and if Quan comes back I wouldn't be surprised but I hope they don't bring anyone that isn't alive or already a revenant. This game might not have Mileena which is about time.
FTFY

Last edited:
I think they should go with his ladder ending, like he didn't end up in the netherrealm after death because Elder Gods summoned him to make a perfect weapon to kill new powerful Dark Raiden. In the new game He could be empowered by several Elder Gods, who can't intervent mortal plane themselves but bestow their power on Quan to kill Raiden. But of course Quan will end up fuling even them, like he could have enchanted the amulet with his spell before dying so that it restores his personality once Quan gets his hands on the amulet. So when he kills Raiden being controlled by the Elder Gods he takes the amulet and gains his free will back with the new found power))))

But in short - hell yeah he is going to be back)

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Hope not. He was kind of a little bitch in MKX's story mode ;)
Well, in all honesty, that's something that NetherRealm Studios' masterminds and wise-asses are responsible for...
Same thing goes for a bunch of other characters as well . The almighty and cool looking Ermac is a punchbag too since the MK9 days and Baraka seems to be as cruel, lethal and dangerous as a small puppy in both mk9 and mk10...