What's new

Do you prefer Shang Tsung's Old skins or his Young skins?

Which age of Shang do you prefer?

• Old Man Shang Tsung (Smirking Adversary, Practitioner of Devilry, Doppelganger)

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Young Man Shang Tsung (Sinister Sorcerer, Devious Schemer, Spirit Stealer)

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • I don't like any of Shang Tsung's designs.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
lol, none kind of conflict here, that's pretty easy .... young Shang , Cary Tagawa look alike all the way ! it was the best ever choice NRS did, and for the next games, they even would do a "lifetime" contract with Cary, to use his appearance forever in the MK games ! :D

Cary portrays Shang in a such cunning charming way, that you cannot imagine this character being different than this in future versions of the game. :)

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
So, going in, I was a big proponent of old man Shang, as an ideal. My obsession with MK goes back to 92 on the Sega Genesis, so Shang will always be an old sorceror to me.

However, to my surprise, I actually prefer the young Shang skins, overall. I think NRS knocked it out of the park with Shang, in general.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
All of his looks in this game are fantastic. My only complaint is that Young Shang only has those cool sort of bladed gauntlets as part of his default gear. The rest don't have the cool claw type things.

It's so strange that we get Cary Tagawa absolutely killing it as Shang Tsung while also having to deal with Ronda as Sonya stinking up the joint.

Unrelated sidenote: Ike Amadi is such a cool Shao Kahn. Really love the way he sounds.

Old Shang is best Shang, in my opinion. My Shang wears the "Cunning Adversary" skin because I feel it has the closest color palette to his original MK1 costume.

EDIT: Previously said "Smirking Adversary" by mistake

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Old is better, not even close., imo.
Can't have old Shang without young Shang. I like em both but I feel old Shang looks too old but his green outfit is dope. I've been trying to do his character towers in TOT. Got to stage 3. NRS said you get all skins from TOT

I've been rolling with movie Shang but I really like all of his skins. For old Shang I prefer his open shirt design by far.

Just wish movie Shang had the proper colours...